Talk

Advanced search

What are you wearing today? part two...

(1000 Posts)
Ellapaella Tue 23-Jul-19 13:36:40

Hello everyone
Old thread https://www.mumsnet.com/Talk/styleandbeauty/3548959-what-are-you-wearing-today

happytobemrsg Thu 17-Oct-19 13:04:11

Haha @NancyEspana I love that you’re standing on the loo to take your selfie! Have you considered joining the Styled by Susie Facebook group? It’s really great if you feel you’ve lost your way style-wise. Lots of lovely, non-judgmental ladies talking about clothes

NancyEspana Thu 17-Oct-19 13:18:29

Thanks mrsg! Yes, I'm on that group!

I also have a personal shop booked for next summer. Not with Susie, with Sarah. I'm so excited about it! Trying not to buy any NEW, new clothes before then, hence eBay and charity shops! I did succumb to a pair of Lucy & Yak dungarees though... they are so pretty! Nothing else though, apart from leggings, tights and underwear.

I know! I hope I don't break the loo seat blush 😂. It's the best mirror in the house!

happytobemrsg Thu 17-Oct-19 16:31:31

I have a personal shop booked too! Sarah in March & Susie in September - both for seasonal capsule wardrobes. Can’t wait! Though I feel a lot more confident in my clothes choices since following them anyway. I also have a pair of L&Y dungarees- I have the black cotton ones. I’m tempted to buy the Matalan denim jumpsuit they are all raving about

Ellapaella Thu 17-Oct-19 17:54:08

@happytobemrsg hope the little one's jabs went ok? Where is the deer t shirt from? Like it with the dungarees.
I'm sticking with DM's today and cosy cardigan - now it feels like winter I will be wearing my DM's as much as possible.
Jeans: Jigsaw
T shirt and Cardigan: H&M

NancyEspana Thu 17-Oct-19 18:02:48

Ah amazing mrsg! I'm so excited about personal shop.

I went for these beauties:

lucyandyak.com/collections/corduroy-dungarees/products/the-organic-original-corduroy-dungarees-in-teal

A lot of my wardrobe seems to be aqua and teal, so these will fit in well I think. I might wear them tomorrow in fact.

NancyEspana Thu 17-Oct-19 18:03:40

OP, that outfit looks so cosy but so chic! Very autumnal.

happytobemrsg Thu 17-Oct-19 23:04:11

Do try to wear them tomorrow Nancy, I’d love to see how you style them

Talisin Thu 17-Oct-19 23:30:58

@NancyEspana I love the standing-on-the-loo shot! grin Also love the look of those teal dungarees.

Dammit, Ella - how do you make jeans look so effortlessly stylish all the time? Not fair.

On leave this week and being incredibly lazy but I did drag myself off to investigate the brand new Lidl this afternoon so actual proper leaving-the-house clothing was needed.

Jumper (next)
Satin slip skirt (F&F)
OTK boots (Next)
Double star necklace (Hush)

NancyEspana Fri 18-Oct-19 05:21:39

You DO make jeans look so incredibly stylish op envy. Skillz (ironic spelling of skillz- I am too old for that sort of slang)!

Very early start today, but always time for a little stop off for a stand on the loo seat 😂.

The aforementioned dungarees with a black cottor tshirt from New Look. Brogues from Office (eBay years ago)! Necklace the Sam of yesterday, (of course, seeing I have no others 😂).

NancyEspana Fri 18-Oct-19 08:44:01

Black cotton*
Same as*

It was VERY early.

slavetothemoney Fri 18-Oct-19 10:37:29

I've been lurking for a while. Really love seeing how you all put outfits together and it's given me some great ideas for my autumn winter wardrobe.
Here's my offering for today;
Dress from Apricot.
Boyfriend cardigan from Primark
Boots doc martens

Ellapaella Fri 18-Oct-19 11:10:03

Great outfit @NancyEspana - I really love your brogues.

@slavetothemoney lovely - love the dress with the DM's.

Ellapaella Fri 18-Oct-19 11:10:50

@Talisin as usual a lovely outfit - that skirt is lovely.

champagneplanet Fri 18-Oct-19 12:10:40

Hi all wondering if I can join please, i've been lurking for a while, I love your style @Ellapaella and your wardrobe is to die for @happytobemrsg

I've lost my way a little after having DC2, I massively lost interest in shopping and clothes, anything really that took any sort of concentration, but she's getting to the age now where I can't use her as an excuse for my lack of effort and the daily posts on here have inspired me to sort myself out, you are all so confident and well put together.

I have downloaded the Stylebook app and as i'm off today will spend the afternoon sorting my wardrobe and uploading pics, wish me luck!

happytobemrsg Fri 18-Oct-19 13:32:46

@Ellapaella it’s from Oliver Bonas about 5 years ago! I’ve hardly worn it but my dungarees have given it a new lease of life. DS2 had a low fever for a couple of days but seems ok now. I’ve missed the cuddles the most as didn’t want to overheat him! All knackered though from no sleep due to the constant checking on him.

Love love love your skirt @Talisin. I’ve yet to find a midi skirt which looks good on & doesn’t just emphasise my hips. Yours is stunning.

Welcome Slave

That’s very kind @champagneplanet thank you!

Was feeling a little low yesterday (new baby blues I reckon!) so went David Lloyd this morning. A few lengths & 30 minutes in the jacuzzi later & I’m feeling much better & ready to set the world to rights again.

slavetothemoney Fri 18-Oct-19 16:35:38

Thanks for the welcome! smile
I'm quite excited to say I have the 'dress' from new look that so many of you also have! I bought it on a whim a couple of months ago. I love it but haven't been brave enough to wear yet. It's been really interesting to see how it's been worn by others & given me the nudge to dig it out the wardrobe.
Will post a pic when I've figured how to style it!

champagneplanet Fri 18-Oct-19 18:00:19

Okay so i've put 90% of my things on Stylebook and i'm loving it! It's come up with some fairly random suggestions but also sone really good ones. Nobody will be getting any sense out of me this evening!

Miseryisabutterfly Fri 18-Oct-19 18:10:17

You look so cute @NancyEspana! The dungarees really suit you!

Love that outfit @Talisin!

Miseryisabutterfly Fri 18-Oct-19 18:11:13

Love all the outfits!

Miseryisabutterfly Fri 18-Oct-19 18:13:13

Bought myself a Tesco jumper with the shop today 😂 I liked the colour!

NancyEspana Fri 18-Oct-19 18:18:17

Ah thanks op and miseryisabutterfly!

I love my dungarees.

Butterfly, I also love your yellow jumper. Great colour!

Those trousers are also really cool mrsg. Where are they from please?

Miseryisabutterfly Fri 18-Oct-19 18:20:42

Thanks @NancyEspana 😊

I think I need some Lucy & Yak in my life!

Ohyesiam Fri 18-Oct-19 18:42:07

Today I am wearing a long white cotton nighty and a very old pink cashmere cardy. This is day 4 of being bed bound with really nasty bugsad.

This thread is AMAZING! I have loved looking through all the pictures of everyone.
I have a problem with clothes in that the ones I like don’t suit me, and the ones I do like... well you know the rest. I’ll post some pictures when I’m up and about and you’ll see what I mean. It’s body confidence thing mostly.
But thanks for sharing your looks, it’s been really inspiring.

happytobemrsg Fri 18-Oct-19 21:24:43

I don’t know how I missed your dungaree photo Nancy they look great on you!! They are H&M biker leggings. They are super thin but I don’t mind because they are very comfy. I have them in black too.

Fab jumper Misery

Get better soon Ohyesiam flowers

I’m staying in doors the next 3 days I think so I doubt very much I’ll be getting dressed in anything good enough to post here. I’ll just have to live vicariously through you lot!

NancyEspana Sat 19-Oct-19 09:24:02

Thanks mrsg!

I love them so much 😍.

Travelling today (on my way home from visiting family). It's freezing here.

Brogues - same as yesterday (eBay - Office originally)
Denim pinafore - New Look
Jumper - Asos
Necklace - same as yesterday (charity shop)

This thread is not accepting new messages.