Talk

Advanced search

I want to dress to impress - dinner at country house hotel

(14 Posts)
MascaraOHara Mon 30-Jul-07 21:20:14

so should I go evening dress or cocktail dress? or even smart trousers & top.

I have long and knee length black dresses or a cream Karen Millen crochet number (with matching accessories)

Inspirtion from all you fashion gurus required please.. Group do but lovely man there I might quite like to impress on a serious note though, would like to do something to help myself feel really good..

RosaLuxembourg Mon 30-Jul-07 21:24:18

Defintely a dress but short rather than long I'd say. The cream crochet dress sounds like a good bet - describe in more detail!

MrsDoolittle Mon 30-Jul-07 21:24:21

Smart straight trousers and long top, very slimming and very stylish.

MrsDoolittle Mon 30-Jul-07 21:25:51

Actually depends on your figure really.
I haven't got legs for a short skirt.

3Ddonut Mon 30-Jul-07 21:27:09

Dinner dance? Country hotel? I take it it's formal then?!!! Got to be evening dress, I'd say long and classy.

littlelapin Mon 30-Jul-07 21:27:53

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

littlelapin Mon 30-Jul-07 21:28:25

MascaraOHara Mon 30-Jul-07 21:35:18

Just dinner not dance..

Cream dress.. Is like a champagne coloured heavy crochet with a duck-egg blue slip and a big satin duck-egg blue ribbor round the waist (it's nicer than it sounds). The shoes and the same blue as the slip and trim.

I have a black evening dress that is long and just skims over you.. I'm a fairly tidy size 12 with flat stomach at min so the long black dress wouls be OK. The knee length black dress is more of a stretchy material with a deep v back and front and a diagonal rouched seam..

or should I go shopping?

RosaLuxembourg Mon 30-Jul-07 21:37:23

They all sound lovely. You will be belle of the ball in any of them - but I vote for ditching the boring black and going for the cream and duck egg - sounds wonderful.

3Ddonut Mon 30-Jul-07 21:38:41

Oh sorry, saw dinner and country house and assumed.... never mind...wear what you're most comfortable in, it'll show.

littlelapin Mon 30-Jul-07 21:38:41

MascaraOHara Mon 30-Jul-07 21:43:20

Lol lol.. would feel comfortable in all of them to be honest.. might have a quite browse round t'internet now.

Will see if I can find a picture of cream dress whilst I'm at it...

MascaraOHara Tue 31-Jul-07 11:25:32

do you like this thought it might be a happy medium between full length and coctail

littlelapin Tue 31-Jul-07 21:18:01

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now