Talk

Advanced search

What on earth can I put on my feet?

(14 Posts)
MrsMar Mon 30-Jul-07 17:39:44

I've got a wedding in two weeks and a black tie company do two weeks after that and I'm struggling to find something good to put on my feet. My problem is that being 33 weeks pg I've gone from a size 9 to approximately a size 10 (!!!!!!!) shoes size, and I'm struggling with anything with a heel bigger than about an inch. For the wedding I've got this to wear granted not very exciting, but I'm too big and hormonal to go shopping now () and for the black tie do, I've got a very simple black dress, v neck, empire line... thought I'd jazz it up with a funky necklace and a bright shawl/pashmina. Any suggestions of what I can wear on my feet, I was thinking pretty embellished flip flops, but any suggestions gratefully received!!

MrsBadger Mon 30-Jul-07 17:46:01

silver flipflops v good plan

for evening do wear bling silver jewellery and get silvery pashmina / wrap also, possibly black with silver embroidery (black looks shite 'jazzed up' with bright colour IMO)

brimfull Mon 30-Jul-07 17:46:11

if you could fit into the nine -these

MrsMar Mon 30-Jul-07 18:10:16

Thanks for that MrsBadger, silver is a good idea, I was wracking my brains for something that would work with both. I know what you mean about black jazzed up looking poo, I kind of phrased it badly, don't want to end up looking like a "woman of a certain age" (as my dad would put it) desperately trying to look funky! I was thinking some nice statement costume jewellery, possibly something in silver/turquoise as I have a bit of a tan at the moment.

Sadly ggirl, I think I'd struggle getting in to a size 9, I've got a few pairs of ballet pump type shoe in size nine and they're killing me, taking all the skin off my heel as my feet are so swollen!

FioFio Mon 30-Jul-07 18:11:25

Message withdrawn

FioFio Mon 30-Jul-07 18:14:15

Message withdrawn

MrsMar Mon 30-Jul-07 18:17:18

They only seem to go up to a size 7, I'm not sure I'd get one on my hands at the moment, let alone my feet, giant swollen things that they are

TranquilaManana Mon 30-Jul-07 18:22:26

ooh i like mrsB's silver theme.

im so asking you next time i have a clothing conundrum

anniemac Mon 30-Jul-07 22:26:58

Message withdrawn

BBBee Mon 30-Jul-07 22:28:42

silver flip flpps top idea

carol3 Mon 30-Jul-07 22:31:01

Have you tried evans they do ten's and have a sale, they are quite wide though. Also next sale on think they had some silver footbed mules may look ok, they only go to 9 but if open toe may fit. I know how you feel i'm a nine and half.

carol3 Mon 30-Jul-07 22:35:11

look comfyhttp://www.evans.co.uk/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductLargerImageView?altText=Comfort+Mule&storeId =12553&jspStoreDir=Evans&imageURL=%2Fwcsstore%2FEvans%2F%2Fimages%2Fcatalog%2F21L09BMET_large.jpg&pa geTitle=Comfort+Mule&langId=-1&ddkey=ProductLargerImageDisplay

carol3 Mon 30-Jul-07 22:37:09

sliver pumps
http://www.evans.co.uk/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?catalogId=20554&storeId=12553&catego ryId=79944&parent_category_rn=69588&productId=414546&langId=-1

carol3 Mon 30-Jul-07 22:40:50

A few in next sale http://search.next.co.uk/search?p=Q&ts=sale-v2&w=*&cnt=&isort=title+rev&sale=act1ve&pfg=56kt678g&ima ges=on&div=womenswear&group=shoescasual&size=43&price=&af=cat%3Awomenswear+sub%3Ashoescasual+si%3A43

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now