Talk

Advanced search

Royal style and gossip: From foundation to Foundations...

(996 Posts)
QueenOfTheAndals Thu 18-Jul-19 14:00:51

I've lost count of how many threads we've had! Previous thread.

Let's keep the gossip lighthearted and, as always, stick to critiquing the clothes rather than being overly critical about the women wearing them.

AudacityOfHope Thu 18-Jul-19 16:37:32

Thanks Queen!

GotToGoMyOwnWay Thu 18-Jul-19 16:56:46

Thanks for the new thread

latedecember1963 Thu 18-Jul-19 17:02:16

Thanks for the new thread, Queen. 🍸 Can't believe the speed at which we're whizzing through them. I remember your 1st tentative " would anybody be interested in ..." question last summer. Bet you never imagined the response. This has become my first port of call each morning.

AliasGrape Thu 18-Jul-19 17:43:34

Thanks for the new thread Queen

On the topic of foundation- there was a thread on here a while back raving on about a primark foundation. I’ve just run out of my current one and at present my budget is definitely more primark than royal, but can’t find the thread and not sure which of the primark ones was being lauded. I may pick up a couple this weekend and try them out.

Paradyning Thu 18-Jul-19 17:46:22

I have Sofia scarf jealousy

Thanks for posting the link.

justasking111 Thu 18-Jul-19 17:48:07

Eugenie has a voluptuous figure so v necks, pulled in waist really suit her. She reminds me of Joan from Mad Men figure wise.

GlamGiraffe Thu 18-Jul-19 17:57:08

So on the topic of foundations, what do we all think Kate is wearing under her very tight clothes? She has not a line in sight. Even a thing can leave a slight mark and I wouldn't imagine she has big enough boobs to go bra less. Even a stick on leaves a slight ridge around the top at the front and a normal one has the odd mark at the back. I'm mystified. Knickerless? And the bra situation?
I hate it when my underwear shows?

QueenOfTheAndals Thu 18-Jul-19 18:08:19

Those Spanx that go from mid-thigh to the bra line? She's so slim that they wouldn't give her any kind of muffin top.

mathanxiety Thu 18-Jul-19 18:21:05

I love the shape of Eugenie's dress but the colour and pattern are not to my taste.Maybe if the flowers on the dress were shades of pink or red or even black/charcoal it would work better, and with non-nude shoes.

Paradyning Thu 18-Jul-19 18:21:21

You could see Kate's pants in that green Wimbledon dress imo

Paradyning Thu 18-Jul-19 18:21:45

Well, the little bow as I said in precocious thread

AppleKatie Thu 18-Jul-19 18:21:48

Checking in.

Often a body suit? So no join between Spanx and bra I would guess?

FATEdestiny Thu 18-Jul-19 18:32:17

[Crown]

Myimaginarycathasfleas Thu 18-Jul-19 18:33:04

VPL's only an issue if you have a bit of 'padding' for the elastic to sink into. Kate's very toned and lean so she probably doesn't need to wear anything special, lucky thing.

RomaineCalm Thu 18-Jul-19 18:48:49

I clearly don't have enough to do as I've often wondered about Kate's underwear and the fact that she never seems to have any VPL. My conclusion was that it's a combination of body suits, 'big' pants and slips.

I'm even more mystified by what one wears under the ubiquitous coat dress - the material doesn't look comfy enough to just wear bra/pants and yet there's rarely any hint of a light dress or slip.

DobbyTheHouseElk Thu 18-Jul-19 19:00:17

Checking in.

CurlyWurlyTwirly Thu 18-Jul-19 19:07:50

The Cambridges are in Mustique

mikado1 Thu 18-Jul-19 19:08:45

Checking in

CurlyWurlyTwirly Thu 18-Jul-19 19:10:21

Just reposting Eugenie’s dress from the last thread.
Shape is great; print it just hideous

CurlyWurlyTwirly Thu 18-Jul-19 19:13:24

[[https://www.newmyroyals.com/2019/07/queen-silvia-and-princesss-madeleine.html Queen Silvia and Princess Madeline attending a
I like the white as opposed to black choice for mourning.

MotherofPearl Thu 18-Jul-19 19:13:32

I think Eug's dress is great - pattern and all! I am so pleased she's taken our advice about v-necks. Makes a huge difference.

Thanks for the new thread Queen.

megletthesecond Thu 18-Jul-19 19:19:34

Ah, I like Eugenies print.

MotherofPearl Thu 18-Jul-19 19:19:55

Leti looking great in Hugo Boss. Love the shoes.

Myimaginarycathasfleas Thu 18-Jul-19 19:20:00

I've seen the house they stay in (or have stayed in) on Mustique. It's in a lovely position, quite private and elevated above the beach. I'd definitely choose it for a holiday!

AppleKatie Thu 18-Jul-19 19:23:09

Ok not keen on that one of Leti’s the colour/pattern makes me feel a bit migrainey.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »