Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

I bought a skirt, woohoo!

(22 Posts)
NotQuiteCockney Sat 28-Jul-07 20:23:00

FCUK/Great Plains, at Bicester.

Knee-length, cotton, chocolate brown/white pattern with big stylised flowers. I'm hoping chocolate brown + white means it goes with all my green and red shirts, and will be more wearable than the rust one I'm struggling with.

But yes, I have a skirt!

JackieNo Sat 28-Jul-07 20:34:00

. No skull and crossbones ones around, then?

NotQuiteCockney Sat 28-Jul-07 20:37:22

No! They didn't have any!

Actually, it was speed shopping, I tried on two skirts and a top, could see why they were at Bicester Village (ok, the top just wouldn't go around my biceps ), and then grabbed this one and bought it. I like it, it fits, it's a flarey simple knee-length thing.

I just almost never wear skirts, but am going to quite a few drinks things with DH these days, and would like to be going out more, but find myself with very few 'going out' clothes.

JackieNo Sat 28-Jul-07 20:39:07

Yes, that's the problem with Bicester village type places. But the one you've got sounds lovely - might it encourage you to buy more skirts, do you think?

NotQuiteCockney Sat 28-Jul-07 20:57:58

Possibly.

Thing is, historically, skirts are tempting in summer, only my thighs chafe. They seem to have stopped that, lately, though.

And, also, I struggle with finding shoes I can wear with skirts, that don't bug me. But I am getting on with my Birkies now.

scattyspice Sat 28-Jul-07 21:00:23

NQC I only do skirts in winter as can hide legs in opaque tights and boots!

Budababe Sat 28-Jul-07 21:02:32

Skirt like that will be nice with brown Birkies (am a recent convert - LOVE them) and a brown t-shirt.

Sounds nice!

I really like brown and white.

Am in white cropped trsrs and a brown t-shirt and brown birkies myself today!

FrannyandZooey Sat 28-Jul-07 21:04:28

I opened this expecting it to be a thread I had started, for some reason

will you wear it on Tuesday?

MadEyemarthamooDy Sat 28-Jul-07 21:10:49

And I clicked on it, seeing your post F&Z, thinking it was that thread about those bloody awful unflattering skirts we both bought and sent back

FrannyandZooey Sat 28-Jul-07 21:13:44

Now moo did you send yours back also? I didn't remember what happened. What a swizz eh?

Budababe Sat 28-Jul-07 21:16:29

Actually F&Z i clicked on this expecting it to be you too!!!!

FrannyandZooey Sat 28-Jul-07 21:19:27

FrannyandZooey Sat 28-Jul-07 21:19:38

and

scattyspice Sat 28-Jul-07 21:20:32

Is there a skirt thing going on?

harpsichordcarrier Sat 28-Jul-07 21:20:42

yes I thought this was bound to be your thread too franster
FrannyQueenofSkirts

FrannyandZooey Sat 28-Jul-07 21:26:56

there is always a skirt thing going on in my house

MadEyemarthamooDy Sat 28-Jul-07 23:52:34

I did send mine back - it gave me heffalump hips and an elephantine bum.

MrsJohnCusack Sun 29-Jul-07 00:51:33

re thighs chafing you can get silk knickers with longer legs that really help and are v.cool in the summer.

will try to remember website

Califrau Sun 29-Jul-07 02:28:45

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

NotQuiteCockney Sun 29-Jul-07 07:11:28

Hmmm, I might be curious about fancy knickers, although my thighs seem to have sorted themselves out for the moment. (I know I could wear bicycle shorts stylee things under skirts, but that wouldn't really be cool.)

I might wear it on Tuesday, I think it will work on the bike.

NotQuiteCockney Sun 29-Jul-07 07:14:48

(Surely Frances buying a skirt would mean a thread title of 'I bought a skirt, again!'? Or words to that effect?)

I actually quite liked one of the skirts I didn't buy, well, I liked the print on it, but it was a very very strange skirt otherwise - no zipper, and I could only get it on over my head. Then, once on, I had two weird Japaneseish stylee belt things (different sizes), but no belt loops, and the skirt bulged weirdly with the belt on.

I quite like Bicester, though, everything is quite cheap, there are lots of interesting stores all next to each other, and I can just have a good look around and buy things low-risk. When still tubby from having DS2 I bought three trousers at Mexx for £5 each. When I was not tubby, I found only one of them suited me, but that was fine.

MrsJohnCusack Sun 29-Jul-07 08:38:24

ok this is the website although I'm sure there are similar things available elsewhere

not cheap, but not outrageously expensive either. You can get the silk & cotton knickers with a bit of a leg, or the short johns in pure silk. Lovely

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now