Talk

Advanced search

Hushistas keep on keeping on!

(1000 Posts)
ilovecherries Tue 09-Jul-19 15:34:46

Couldn't think of any sort of creative title, I'm afraid! Link to old thread

www.mumsnet.com/Talk/style_and_beauty/3614588-Its-the-Hushista-Sisters-enjoying-Summer-Sales-Sangria-and-a-little-Full-Moon-Madness?watched=1&msgid=88418110#88418110

Laska2Meryls Wed 10-Jul-19 11:40:43

Has anyone seen a code at all?
Never I like those cullottes also ,did you get the Tie front T as well ?

ilovecherries Wed 10-Jul-19 11:48:23

No code, and I’m buying nothing unless I get one! Actually cataloguing my wardrobe is turning out to be an interesting exercise. I was babysitting last night so I spent a couple of hours mentally going through my wardrobe, finding the photos online and adding them to stylebook - not so hard for me as I haven’t owned anything for more than a year. That will change now my weight is stable and my boobs are sorted. I realised that although I have a fair bit of colour, what I actually wear is mainly neutrals. I need to decide if that is an actual style preference or if I’m just lazy. So planning to wear my brighter things for a couple of weeks and see if I enjoy wearing them.

neveradullmoment99 Wed 10-Jul-19 11:51:15

@Laska2Meryls I didn't get the tie front tee as i thought it would be too short on me. I don't like to bare my midriff! I may look again at it. Maybe you can tie it a little lower.

neveradullmoment99 Wed 10-Jul-19 11:54:09

The length is 54cm. Its pretty short. I would need to wear something under it which probably defeats the purpose! Sadly the navy slub is OOS on the hush website [I kind of wanted it for my holday to travel in] So maybe pick up a navy tee at the supermarket.

Laska2Meryls Wed 10-Jul-19 11:56:37

Im def not into midriff baring!! . Im still only really keen on the black crops ( and that linen vest!!) Still hanging on hoping for code / sale price....

neveradullmoment99 Wed 10-Jul-19 11:59:12

Off to the supermarket but before i go, has anyone tried the john lewis slub tees? They are still pricey but very similar to the ones hush do. Just wondered how they were quality wise? Are they see through? I have an issue with white tees. They are always see through on me.

Laska2Meryls Wed 10-Jul-19 12:03:32

Dint know about JL never but have you tried Joules? I bought two of their cotton slub vest tops for hol and they are v good quality and thickness. I've washed them twice now here and they come up really well, no shrinking or stretching

ilovecherries Wed 10-Jul-19 12:14:21

never, I have slub tees from both JL and principles at Debenhams, and have found both very good. (Debenhams ones are a lot cheaper, but not much colour choice). I also like the Next basic v neck. They only seem to do the v necks online, and they aren’t slub, but I am finding that they hold their shape well.

Ellapaella Wed 10-Jul-19 15:04:50

@neveradullmoment99 I was going to buy those star culottes yesterday - I really like them and wish I'd ordered now as they've gone out of stock in a size 8!

justilou1 Wed 10-Jul-19 15:45:41

Oh @ilovecherries, how weird that your boobages have decided that now is the time they're going to settle into their new state of being after all, and do it so damn quickly!!! I'm sorry that you're experiencing these awful, nervy pollywoggles in them. That's got to be uncomfortable. (I have Raynaud's Phenomenon/Syndrome and experience it most excruciatingly in the nipples, so you have my empathy!!!!) Meanwhile, I'm also sorry that your hair has decided to party elsewhere also. What a traitor!!!
After maligning Aussie Post, they have sent me an email to advise me that my shopping is arriving tomorrow. (I won't hold my breath. It normally takes at least a week!). Any how, if it does arrive, will get one of the herd to take some photos!!!

neveradullmoment99 Wed 10-Jul-19 16:20:39

I was going to say try John lewis @Ellapaella but they are all oos!!!

I would keep watching them as the 12's are too big on the hips for me so many of the 10's might be returned. I would look around 9-10am or so and you might just get a pair. Ive not returned the 12's yet. Will do tomorrow when I compare both sizes. Hoping that sizing down is the answer to the bulk at the pockets.

Ellapaella Wed 10-Jul-19 16:56:22

There is a 10 in stock never but that's my usual size so thinking ideally I should size down to an 8?

Ellapaella Wed 10-Jul-19 17:33:36

Ok have ordered the culottes in a 10 as all they have left so we'll see. Have also ordered the Jayne dress. And guess what everyone? I am finally a friend!! After all this time, put the order in to discover I have finally made it 😂

neveradullmoment99 Wed 10-Jul-19 17:51:35

Well done @Ellapaella Congratulations in meeting the friends criteria [whatever that is] Try the 10. Body shapes are all different. The 12 weren't ridiculous so they may be fine smile

neveradullmoment99 Wed 10-Jul-19 17:54:44

I have the jane dress in leopard. I have worn it a few times. I stuck with my normal size and its fine although some people said to size down. I am sure it shrunk a wee bit after a wash so I would consider that. Did you go for the black? I would buy the black [reminds me of a whistle dress] but I have about 3 black dresses as it is.

Ellapaella Wed 10-Jul-19 17:57:09

Yes got the black one @neveradullmoment99 and I now exactly which Whistles dress you're thinking of as I was also considering that one too! I think the Jayne will be good for dressing up and casual wear. I've ordered an 8.

Ellapaella Wed 10-Jul-19 17:57:26

Sorry *know not now

FuzzyPuffling Wed 10-Jul-19 18:46:59

justi I am in awe of Reynaud's in your nipples. I have it in my fingers and that is bad enough.

ilovecherries Wed 10-Jul-19 18:52:55

The Whistles Lola? I lived in a couple of these during weight loss. Fab dresses.

I’m in awe of raynaulds nipples as well!

ilovecherries Wed 10-Jul-19 18:54:04

And congrats on being a friend - AND having a coat named after you grin

Ellapaella Wed 10-Jul-19 19:09:01

@ilovecherries wink I'm having a good week!

SoyYo Wed 10-Jul-19 19:51:46

Ella about time you were made a friend! 👌

cherries I’m glad to hear the new boobs are finally settling (but sorry to hear about the hair loss again sad) You so deserve a break!
I must be the biggest chested person left on this thread with my 34G’s but, aside from being permanently annoyed at not fitting dresses very well and never been sure what size to order on top, I guess I’m not fussed about their size. I used to get too much male attn when I was younger which bothered me in my teens as my body didn’t match my brain but I think for such big mammaries I’m genetically quite lucky as they’re still quite pert (but could never pass the pencil test now) and a pleasing shape. I can get away with non wired swimwear (but prefer the security of wired bras)...I dunno. I sometimes get bra marks but they disappear overnight. As I said for me it’s more like my body is at odds with my image of myself in my brain if that makes sense hmm...anyway it must be absolutely wonderful to think you’ll be able to soon wear strappy fripperies and more importantly no more painful bras so I hope they defy gravity for life now.

On the fashion front I’m experiencing serious FOMO on the Kensington star dress. I got distracted by work and was too late to grab a 12 that appeared overnight 😢 there’s only 10 left which would fit everywhere perfectly Bar the proverbial boobs. I wore my size 12 in navy recently and that was rather generous but nice.
Should I chance a 10 while stocks remain and to scratch the itch or am I completely deluding myself?

SoyYo Wed 10-Jul-19 20:02:23

Oh yes never, ella and justi I look forward to seeing your fab new purchases!

Forgot to mention I saw my new CG hairdresser for a dye test yesterday. And we had a chat about going grey. She has some solutions but warned me it’ll be a never ending fight and with my hols coming up whatever colour I go for it’s likely to fade in the Med sunshine. Plus curls don’t like chemical damage. She persuaded me my tricolour look is nowhere as bad as I think and to stick with it at least till the autumn. So looking Fw to the haircut next week but the grey journey continues (at least for now)

ilovecherries Wed 10-Jul-19 20:22:55

soy, well I have a 12 at a 32G and it is more than ample enough - def not near its limits. And you are smaller round the waist than me, so you won’t be stealing fabric from the bodice. Def worth a try I think.

whiskyremorse Wed 10-Jul-19 20:23:21

Aw @Soy I think you might be right about trying to go natural, I am trying to do the same but the whites and greys seem to have heard the rumour and are multiplying at an alarming rate. I have an emergency box of dye that I am trying to pretend isn't there 🙄
Did you like your new hairdresser?

This thread is not accepting new messages.