Talk

Advanced search

Get 40% off your very own Protected Species coat

(485 Posts)
HannahGMumsnet (MNHQ) Tue 02-Jul-19 14:15:00

Afternoon everyone,

Protected Species has some pretty loyal fans here on Mumsnet (if you don't believe us, check out this thread from last year), and now they're giving one lucky Mumsnetter the chance to win one of their practical but chic coats.

To enter, we asked Mumsnetters to let us know which jacket on the Protected Species site they'd choose if they were to win and why.

Thanks to everyone who entered - this competition is now closed.

__

If you missed out this time, never fear - Protected Species are giving Mumsnetters an exclusive discount of 40% off the Waterproof Mac, Waterproof Parka, or Waterproof Commuter. Just enter the code MUMSNET40 at checkout to redeem your discount. Enjoy grin

(Code not valid for use on the Rain Bomber, Waterproof City Walker or Waterproof Winter Parka. Code expires 18 August 2019.)

Protected Species haven’t paid for this thread, but they are supplying the prize.

Mumsnet carries some affiliate marketing links, so if you buy something through our posts, we may get a small share of the sale (more details here).

Freshstart40 Tue 02-Jul-19 14:27:06

The Waterproof Parker in Dark Olive Green (size 12 -14) is lovely! Looks lightweight and 'different'
I honestly love it!

dottyaboutstripes Tue 02-Jul-19 14:40:50

The Waterproof Parka in storm dark grey, it's SO lush as we say here in wet and windy Wales - perfect for those school runs when you'd rather be curled up inside with a cuppa!

WowOoo Tue 02-Jul-19 14:47:12

I'd like the waterproof parka in dark green. It looks like it would go with a lot and you can layer underneath when it's colder.

fleshmarketclose Tue 02-Jul-19 15:15:54

I'd go for the waterproof commuter in burgundy size 6 to 8. Good coverage and suitable for all occasions. I like the colour a lot as well.

sugarbum Tue 02-Jul-19 15:23:11

The waterproof parka in a 16-18. Might squeeze into that! Colours are lovely and muted. I like the red and burgundy. I like a longer length too

Sarahjconnor Tue 02-Jul-19 15:24:56

Waterproof Parker in black

Soola Tue 02-Jul-19 15:26:48

Waterproof City Walker in atmosphere white. Or Burnt Horizon red. Or maybe Dark Olive or Night sky navy?

Gah! I love all the colour choices!

Corndog Tue 02-Jul-19 15:28:54

Waterproof Parker in black please! Size 14 so I can get a jumper underneath and stay toastie

Katinthedoghouse Tue 02-Jul-19 15:32:55

Feeling like a bit of a sheep, but again the waterproof parka in 10/12

Never heard of this band before but judging from the reviews it’s made a lot of people very happy l

Mynxie Tue 02-Jul-19 15:33:27

I’d love the waterproof parka in night sky navy in size 12-14 please! Just moved and it would be perfect in keeping me dry on my intended long walks smile

Paddingtonthebear Tue 02-Jul-19 15:34:53

I would love the new winter parka in black. My eternal search for a stylish winter coat would stop right here if I win it!

Nanasueathome Tue 02-Jul-19 15:43:04

I would so, so love the waterproof Mac in the burnt horizon colour, size 14-16
I walk my dog a lot and this is just the right style and length for me
I love the shape and style..just need to be lucky to win now

Boopear Tue 02-Jul-19 15:50:24

The commuter in burnt horizon 12-14 please! It goes with my dog (red setter)!

MustardScreams Tue 02-Jul-19 15:51:07

The Waterproof Commuter in Night Sky Navy or Dark Olive Green.

I walk dd to nursery and then on to work and vice versa in the evening, and it is so difficult to find a waterproof coat that a) looks amazing and b) will actually keep me bone-dry. I love the cut on this coat!

MoodLighting Tue 02-Jul-19 15:53:34

I'd choose the Waterproof Winter Parka. I've coveted it for a while now, but it's a bit out of budget. It would be lovely to feel stylish, dry AND cosy! (Why don't all brands make 'proper' waterproof coats?!).

YesQueen Tue 02-Jul-19 15:54:13

I would love the waterproof Mac size 16-18 in storm grey, it's so elegant

cungryhow Tue 02-Jul-19 15:59:03

I would love the Rain Bomber in Night sky Navy in 10 which would be perfect when I want to wear shorter jacket than my cobblestone grey Commuter (which I love).

Gizlotsmum Tue 02-Jul-19 16:00:27

The waterproof parka in City scape blue. Such a pretty colour and perfect for autumn school runs.

MagicKingdom Tue 02-Jul-19 16:00:30

How perfect is the waterproof Commuter jacket for the school run!
This would be worn with jeans, leggings and dresses as it goes with everything.
I would choose this versatile jacket in true black, size 12-14.

SoftBlocks Tue 02-Jul-19 16:01:27

The Waterproof Winter Parka size 6 to 8. It looks elegant but really good at keeping the cold wind and rain out from around one’s neck, which is one of my top requirements in a coat!

UselessCat Tue 02-Jul-19 16:03:44

I'd go for the waterproof commuter in Olive green. It's so hard to find a smart and properly waterproof coat with a hood, and I live on a very wet and windy small island so really could do with one.

Asuwere Tue 02-Jul-19 16:05:14

I love the look of the winter parka, sadly out of stock!

But I do like the commuter jacket in burnt horizon red - looks a bit different but very practical; like that zip doesn't go all the way to bottom so can sit while it's fastened but coat still covers my bum!

dodgynoodles Tue 02-Jul-19 16:06:49

I would love the Waterproof Mac in dark storm grey (size 12-14). It’s such a beautiful colour that will go with everything.

forkfun Tue 02-Jul-19 16:07:25

Commuter coat in dark sky navy, size 14. I know I'd look ever so stylish biking from school to work.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »