Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Advice on stylish flat leather shoes please

(12 Posts)
diplodocus Thu 26-Jul-07 15:21:14

I've lurked on this thread quite a bit and admired the advice given, so wondered if you could help me with a problem I've had for months now. I'm looking for a pair of casual flat leather (preferably lace up) shoes which are both comfortable (I'm pregant and do a lot of walking) and at least reasonably stylish. They'd be to wear with jeans. All the ones I see are either teenage style trainers (which I'm too old to wear) or look like the sort of thing my mother would have worn (remember "K's Skips anyone?). I'm still wearing an ancient pair of much-loved Campers, but am not particularly taken by any of their current styles. Would rather avoid brown if poss.
Any ideas very welcome! Thanks

ahundredtimes Thu 26-Jul-07 15:28:44

Do you want something more substantial than a ballet shoe?

diplodocus Thu 26-Jul-07 15:35:19

100x - Yes I do really.

ahundredtimes Thu 26-Jul-07 15:36:56

Office had some nice, what I call Kinky Piano Teacher Shoes, with laces, but quite a big heel. That won't do will it, you want flat, you also want Mrs Badger, who is unnervingly good at this.

MrsMarvel Thu 26-Jul-07 15:37:10

Try Naturalista - you can get them from www.rawshoe.co.uk

diplodocus Thu 26-Jul-07 16:20:44

Thanks for the replies. 100x - had forgotten how good Office was - now live in the sticks where there isn't one. Love some of the Naturalista range (and also some of the Art ones on Rawshoe) so those are a real possibility.

MrsMarvel Thu 26-Jul-07 16:29:39

They're really hard to find in shops. Mine have lasted well after a great deal of street-pounding.

diplodocus Thu 26-Jul-07 16:31:56

Mrs M - do you know whether they tend to come out big or small? Not sure wheterh i'd order a 36 or 37 - can be either

MrsBadger Thu 26-Jul-07 16:32:34

ah, no, am rubbish at stylish shoes - I only have two pairs, the MN Official Wranger Boots and espadrilley wedges.

Camper would have been my first stop, but consider also Ecco or even Clarks - the Clarks sumemr collection have been remarkably passable this year.
Lace-up makes it much harder as these are much more difficult to get looking nice IME.

MrsBadger Thu 26-Jul-07 16:40:04

'grown up' trainers thus also a possibilty

KTeePee Thu 26-Jul-07 16:52:36

I like a lot of Vans trainers - don't know if they do leather though....

diplodocus Thu 26-Jul-07 19:15:50

Hmm - have suprised myself by quitel liking the silver ones, Mrs B, as well as the mules. Will also look up Van.
Thanks everyone - lots of great ideas

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now