Talk

Advanced search

Royal style & gossip: strawberries, serves and sartorial splendour - anyone for tennis?

(980 Posts)
QueenOfTheAndals Thu 27-Jun-19 10:27:31

Previous thread

ajandjjmum Sat 06-Jul-19 08:54:11

Surprised Christian Horner could have the day off work, thought they'd be flat out getting ready for Silverstone!

mathanxiety Sat 06-Jul-19 03:09:38

Laiste thank you so much for that surreal video!
I actually loved the clothes.

For some reason I couldn't help thinking the music should have been Jedward's Greatest Hits though smile

beanaseireann Fri 05-Jul-19 23:34:18

Thank you CurlyWurlyTwirly for the link.
Thank you QueenoftheAndals for the new thread.

Boinky Fri 05-Jul-19 23:11:38

Geri Halliwell is always annoying. Always.

Boinky Fri 05-Jul-19 23:10:53

Imagine having that kind of composure at 15!

UrsulaPandress Fri 05-Jul-19 23:09:22

Coco is my new girl crush.

myrtleWilson Fri 05-Jul-19 23:08:20

Geri annoyed me too - she was just so bouncy and clappy and puppy dog like....

But loved Coco... what a tournament she's having (aware am veering off topic)

QueenOfTheAndals Fri 05-Jul-19 22:58:20

I'm off to bed now but in case this thread reaches 1k overnight, here's the new one.

UrsulaPandress Fri 05-Jul-19 22:57:06

Gerri Halliwell has irrationally annoyed me at the tennis today.

I am tied to my chair due to decrepit dog and saw her realise she was on the tv (she told her husband) and then started all the bloody gurning.

DevonUkelele Fri 05-Jul-19 22:44:45

George was a boofer, wasn't he @Notmyrealname? 😁

I ❤️❤️ that Roland Mouret @JaimeBronde. Swoon.

Saturday morning already in Australia, and christening excitement is building (at least, it is at my place!). Another fine opportunity for frocks and shots - @Queen we might need a new thread to mark the occasion?

Notmyrealname855 Fri 05-Jul-19 22:41:32

Ooooh I’m off to norf London!!

Spudlet Fri 05-Jul-19 22:40:40

Lol, I may have internally snorted, but I didn't scream grin (that thread though!)

Indeed, tiaras to be worn please everyone! crown

QueenOfTheAndals Fri 05-Jul-19 22:34:37

As long as no one screamed at the Sistine @Spudlet!

Myimaginarycathasfleas Fri 05-Jul-19 22:28:43

We shall all wear tiaras, @Spudlet 😁

Spudlet Fri 05-Jul-19 22:24:22

Cat grin

I once saw a tour group following a Pikachu which had been impaled on the stick but of a folding umbrella around the Sistine Chapel (which took me out of the art appreciation moment, I must say). I feel we should have an appropriately themed thing to follow as well. Perhaps a crown on a stick? A unicorn from the Royal coat of arms?

QueenOfTheAndals Fri 05-Jul-19 22:24:13

Also Shelter have a new concept called Boutique by Shelter. A bit like Mary Portas' Living and Giving shops for Save the Children. That's where you can find a lot of high end labels, though all my buys have been in regular shops like Cancer Research or Marie Curie.

QueenOfTheAndals Fri 05-Jul-19 22:20:50

@Notmyrealname855 Yes, I live in north London. Basically if you want a good chazzer then head to a well-heeled area! So in north London it's Hampstead, Primrose Hill, Highgate, Crouch End, Muswell Hill. East Dulwich (and probably Clapham) in south London. Chelsea, Kensington, Chiswick, Richmond for west London. Afraid I don't have any recommendations for east!

CurlyWurlyTwirly Fri 05-Jul-19 22:14:01

I saw geri’s dress and thought it’s very Meghan.
I’m impressed that Geri can work boobs with a high neck. She looks v.good

Myimaginarycathasfleas Fri 05-Jul-19 22:03:28

@JaimeBronde

😂😂😂

JaimeBronde Fri 05-Jul-19 22:02:35

MyImaginaryCat we'd be like the ducks in the photo

Notmyrealname855 Fri 05-Jul-19 22:02:22

Queen are you in London?! Can you drop hints as to roughly the areas we should be hunting in?!

Paradyning Fri 05-Jul-19 21:57:48

I loved Geri's dress! Think it's more MM's style than KM.
I've seen Gezza loads and her waist is absolutely teeny tiny in really life - akin to how I imagine Kate's to be so maybe that dress would be very flattering on Kate.
Shout out to Mr Halliwell too. Looking very dapper.

Myimaginarycathasfleas Fri 05-Jul-19 21:51:44

I have a lovely picture in my head of Queen in full "Follow my umbrella" mode, leading a determined band of MN shoppers round London's smarter charity shops.

Notmyrealname855 Fri 05-Jul-19 21:44:21

If anyone wants to know what I’ll be wearing... my partner’s boxers and MAYBE a bra. This heat is unbearable!!

(It bears repeating... how do MM, Geri and Fleabag lady... how does their makeup stay in place?! My mascara is halfway down my chin by mid morning)

Notmyrealname855 Fri 05-Jul-19 21:42:23

Queen where on earth do you live?! Take us shopping!!!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »