Talk

Advanced search

Its the Hushista Sisters: enjoying Summer Sales, Sangria and a little Full Moon Madness

(1000 Posts)
Laska2Meryls Mon 17-Jun-19 13:26:05

..and here we are ! a Lovely new thread just in time to grab summer bargains and positive vibes smile

neveradullmoment99 Mon 17-Jun-19 19:14:02

Yes. Its down to £60

SoyYo Mon 17-Jun-19 19:41:51

Both shirt and dress are great never but agree you could size down on the shirt or decide till the eBay bargain is in. smile The dress I think keep regardless amazing price for pure linen and love the deep indigo will look great with t shirts underneath as a pinafore/as you wore in the first pic too.

fuzzy I think uniglo are underrated but have never bought any linen shirts from them. But I love their heatech vests in winter, their short warm jackets and Ines de la Fressage range, specially the trousers.

miffy you’re in luck! Aster kimono is also reduced to £60 and plenty left in stock smile

SoyYo Mon 17-Jun-19 19:42:45

I relented and ordered the red skirt blush

miffy2 Mon 17-Jun-19 19:49:11

Thanks girls - I may bite the bullet and get it as well as the scarf - the scarf will be a gift for the teacher I work with. Hell, I may get myself one too as you can never have too many, right?

Now, S/M or M/L in the kimono? I would be size 12 in most things Hush, 14 in other brands. has anyone tried it?

neveradullmoment99 Mon 17-Jun-19 19:51:44

The veria skirt? Its a lovely skirt @soyo.
The dress is useful. Its nice with a top under it or sleeveless. Its loose and not restrictive. My only worry is, does it look 'sack' like?/shapeless?

neveradullmoment99 Mon 17-Jun-19 19:52:26

I have it. I sized down to a 10 in it as the reviews say its quite full but a 12 would have been ok too, im sure.

GinandGingerBeer Mon 17-Jun-19 19:56:49

Oliver bobas have a few bargains if it's anyone cuppa.
Just bought this dress: https://www.oliverbonas.com/fashion/ditsy-floral-shirt-dress-74266
A jumper I can no longer find as I think I got the last one £15 down from £55
A marble bottle opener, just because it's pretty, and a little brass trinket holder. The whole caboodle only came to £45.
Some nice things on there including a really soft denim dress I had my eye on but have since bought one from M&S, a nice jumper dress with rainbow cuffs but OOS in my size.
It's all a bit erm quirky..... but I like it grin

Laska2Meryls Mon 17-Jun-19 20:05:30

Ha! Never .. We are definately style sisters! I also ordered that dress earlier on , am waiting for it to arrive .. I also ordered this scarf

Laska2Meryls Mon 17-Jun-19 20:07:15

I dont think it looks sack like on you and I love the idea of wearing with with a T under also . I ordered the 12 in that ..

Laska2Meryls Mon 17-Jun-19 20:10:22

but I shall have to send stuff back, I cant afford it all!

Laska2Meryls Mon 17-Jun-19 20:12:44

Miffy Nope . I am frequently buried in my scarf pile ,i have so many , searching for just 'the one!'to go with whatever outfit I am wearing .. I think I need something a bit like a wine rack in my hall to roll them all into and organise them

Laska2Meryls Mon 17-Jun-19 20:56:56

Hey ,after me emailing them back JL have gone back on their email and refunded me £40! for the shirt smile]

So hopefully (if i like them) either the 12 from them or the 10 from Toast I shall keep .. smile

justilou1 Mon 17-Jun-19 21:16:18

Hi @FuzzyPuffling UNIQLO linen can be fab! Sizing can be a bit different as Japanese. Pay more attention to measurements than “size” if looking at pants especially if tall. I am vertically challenged, so can usually find great bits and pieces!!! Shirts and dresses have been summer staples as were linen jumpsuit that I ended up losing too much weight for. They all wash really well!

Huffthepuff Mon 17-Jun-19 21:38:22

Thanks for the new thread Laska

Yes yes yes to the red skirt Soy
Never* really like the Toast shirt. Less excited by the linen dress but could be timeless and practical so if you feel good in it, keep

neveradullmoment99 Mon 17-Jun-19 21:38:39

Hey ,after me emailing them back JL have gone back on their email and refunded me £40! for the shirt smile]

Wow....maybe they read this thread! Are we that popular!!!???

What colour did you get the dress in @Laska2Meryls
We are style sisters I swear!!!
@miffy2 I think you would get away with the S/M as the other long kimono that is similar but longer has more reviews and they said that that one comes up big. There is nothing else to go on but if I was ordering it really trying not to then I would go for the S/M

neveradullmoment99 Mon 17-Jun-19 21:46:05

Actually found a real life picture of the Aster kimono. Tbh, not really that impressed with the look of it. Its also listed as M/L being a size 16 so if that's the case @miffy2 definitely size down.

neveradullmoment99 Mon 17-Jun-19 21:46:33

A picture of it in real life from ebay.

neveradullmoment99 Mon 17-Jun-19 21:47:21

I think it looks a bit dressing gown like.

SoyYo Mon 17-Jun-19 21:49:06

Result laska! Well done for persevering with JL. Nice scarf too! (What was it you said about too many scarves? grin)

never yes it’s that skirt I went for a 10 as I have narrow hips and the elasticated waist will take care of my podgy tum (I did the same with the culottes btw and any other elasticated waist Hush stuff...I find 12 is too big round the hips always).
I don’t think the dress is sacklike on you at all, it seems to flow nicely. It’s plain but that’s what makes it super useful too/I’m in love with that shade of indigo anyway.

gin good haul! That little dress aside from being bargainous is really sweet. I couldn’t wear such a lot of print all over due to my boobage but on you it’ll be so cute.

justi yes Uniglo rocks!

Huff thank you! You know it’s the kind of skirt I would have picked first a decade or two ago but as I’ve got older I’ve gone off ditsy florals a bit, tend to veer to larger/statement prints (if I do a print at all : re Gudrun or Jigsaw silk dress) so I hope it’ll suit me. I thought of it as a “happy skirt” that will be maxi length on me and I have the cropped faded denim jacket (not Hush) to wear it with wink

miffy re Asters kimono. I’d veer towards the smaller size as it’s very loose in any case and the larger one may swamp you as it’s meant to go up to a 16/18?

neveradullmoment99 Mon 17-Jun-19 21:50:49

I do however love the print. I think it reminds me of botanical drawings. I think the scarf/skirt is a good call.

Laska2Meryls Mon 17-Jun-19 21:51:11

Maybe they do ! although I did email them and asked why they didn't honour Toast sale prices..

I ordered the blue dress (U neck linen dress) Never which I think its the same same as yours, it looked a good bargain I thought. I didnt realise from your first photo with the T it was the same one and missed the other for some reason . Toast do seem to take a little while to deliver here though so be a few days yet i expect (its that 30 min boat journey!) . My poor credit card doesn't know whats hit it! but I really cannot order any more now as I will have to make sure i sort it out and pay what I owe before I go away .

But I have now had my Hush refund I was moaning about ( so they must read here also!)
soy looking forward to seeing the red skirt on you . Hush have already dispatched the stuff i ordered .. I am sure that the Paula skirt I ordered will be in the sale, but probably not in time for my hol..

neveradullmoment99 Mon 17-Jun-19 21:51:12

Or the culottes/and the vest top are lovely.

SoyYo Mon 17-Jun-19 21:56:51

Yes the Asters print is fabulous never (says she who supposedly rarely does prints grin)

neveradullmoment99 Mon 17-Jun-19 22:02:04

@Laska, the lightweight V-neck vest - Is it see through? Also what size did you go for?

Laska2Meryls Mon 17-Jun-19 22:04:08

I like the Aster print but the items they have made out of it are just not 'me' but I have given the scarf a punt .. ( but tbh I am not too sure about the yellow edge on it , which i think may stand out a bit too much) . I do really like the Toast scarf though! (that is so me

Here is a bit more Enabling, Zara dress. which I posted on the 'green dress' thread.. It looks fab on this model also. And If I hadn't already spent so much on potential holiday clothes I'd have ordered this one too !!

This thread is not accepting new messages.