Talk

Advanced search

Its the Hushista Sisters: enjoying Summer Sales, Sangria and a little Full Moon Madness

(1000 Posts)
Laska2Meryls Mon 17-Jun-19 13:26:05

..and here we are ! a Lovely new thread just in time to grab summer bargains and positive vibes smile

Laska2Meryls Mon 17-Jun-19 13:34:39

Where are you camping Cherries? What's the weather like? (we must have summer soon?..) I am so looking forward to getting warm in Greece, (where its about 30deg today )

Ninkaninus Mon 17-Jun-19 13:36:42

☀️ ☀️ ☀️ and good vibes to everyone.

Adding to convo from last thread, I love gin. Although last year or two I have been more about the whisky. But I saw some passionfruit gin at Aldi or LIDL just last week (can’t ever distinguish between them after the fact, my mind gets so muddled) and was very tempted. My OH said not to bother as it wasn’t likely to be any good but now that I’ve had a recommendation I think I ought to at least try it! Also like the cocktail idea with gin and marmalade - we do a lovely one with whisky or brandy (again, I can’t remember for certain, it’s OH that does cocktail duty) and marmalade which is quite wintery/Christmassy so I might get him to do the gin one for summer.

Hope you all have a lovely day.

SoyYo Mon 17-Jun-19 13:41:26

I have an Aldi in my town nink will look out for that gin then as there’s none left at home atm (and haven’t had a single drop of alcohol since leaving Spain last week).

New Thread! Wow!! How did that even happen so fast? Thank you Laska the title made me 🤣
And cherries for reminding the old one was about to run out!

Now should I order that red skirt or not?

Laska2Meryls Mon 17-Jun-19 13:50:06

Has anyone tried the Carly jumpsuit? ...Soy didn't you?

SoyYo Mon 17-Jun-19 14:26:19

No it wasn’t me laska, me and Hush jumpsuits don’t get on so I’ve given up trying any for over a year sad

twosoups1972 Mon 17-Jun-19 14:45:02

Oooh thank you @Laska2Meryls shiny new thread smile

GinandGingerBeer Mon 17-Jun-19 14:47:04

Thanks for the new thread Laska wine

neveradullmoment99 Mon 17-Jun-19 15:06:45

At work just marking the page😁👍

miffy2 Mon 17-Jun-19 16:26:28

Ah, gin. Yes, my tipple of preference. I was away on hols last year and my mum who was minding the kids said to me, you realise you have 9 (9!) bottles of gin in your fridge (the one we keep in the utility room for beer, wine and er, gin). I replied Yes, but as you can see they are NOT empty. Case in point... I do not have a gin problem smile smile I get given bottles as gifts and I am partial to trying out new brands. My all-time favourite happens to be a top Irish seller, Dingle gin. It is very tasty. Gin Mare is also a good one. Bertha's Revenge is very different, has a taste of coriander to it.
For me it is all about the preparation - the glass, the botanicals, the swirling of ice cubes etc. I also like to add cordials such as rhubarb, and a dash of ginger beer as an alternative to tonic.

Gosh it is only Monday and I'd love a wee tipple smile

ilovecherries Mon 17-Jun-19 16:54:02

laska, we are on the Moray coast - so a bit north of Inverness. Right beside the sea. The weather is more like April than June - so really bright warm sunny spells, interspersed with sudden vicious hail storms and a bit of thunder and lightning for good measure. This is just a short break as our proper holiday isn’t till September.

neveradullmoment99 Mon 17-Jun-19 16:55:14

Toast shirt arrived. Nice but £75? No i think its going back. Threw a linen dress in for £55. Its comfy. A bit wide at the botton but good value. What do you think? Last two i have a top under it and no top under itsmile

Laska2Meryls Mon 17-Jun-19 16:59:43

I love the Toast Shirt! is that the 12? John Lewis have refused to price match it (even though they have 12s) . I have the 10 coming from Toast but think it may be too small..
Linen dress is also nice

neveradullmoment99 Mon 17-Jun-19 17:05:38

Yes, its a 12. Tbh, i think its a bit big. I think you may be surprised with the 10.

neveradullmoment99 Mon 17-Jun-19 17:06:54

I have a 10 coming too. The colours are much nicer. The photo is taken under artificial light.

neveradullmoment99 Mon 17-Jun-19 17:07:17

Nicer in daylight

ilovecherries Mon 17-Jun-19 17:12:38

I don’t really get what the parameters are for JL price match. Last month I bought DH a Barbour jacket he wanted for his birthday. It was £169 in JL and the day after I bought it, I realised it was £149 direct from Barbour - no code or anything required, that was the advertised price - but JL said it didn’t meet the price match criteria. Anyway, it was over the free postage level with Barbour, so I returned the JL one and re-bought it, so they completely lost the sale.

Laska2Meryls Mon 17-Jun-19 17:14:00

Fingers crossed it does , but I think I am bigger than you across shoulders / boobs . I reckon you should wait until the 10 arrives and compare , as I really do like it on you though if you can justify the ££.. smile

Am a bit disappointed at JL, tbh but they dont even show it as a sale item

Laska2Meryls Mon 17-Jun-19 17:17:57

cherries this what JL said:

'I have looked into your request and have found that Toast do not currently have stock of the Toast Fine Stripe Long Shirt, Ecru Chambray, therefore on this occasion I cannot match the price quoted by Toast.We carry a wide range of lines, and the competitor has to have the line actually in stock (rather than available only to order) for us to match the price. For products that we deliver, we ask that the competitor is able to deliver in equivalent timescales to us, and on products that require delivery, we'll take delivery charges into account when comparing prices.'

So that in effect means that they dont match sale stock if at the time they look, there is not one of the equivalent size I suppose .. sad

Laska2Meryls Mon 17-Jun-19 17:22:46

I have asked them why some of their Toast stuff is reduced and some not even though it is on the Toast website . , they do reduce on Hush at the same time. Ill be sending it back when it arrives ..(and told then that also ) .

I've noticed this before though , I bought a Joules jumper last year and they did price match so its obviously a policy for some things and ot others .. It does make a bit of a mockery of their 'never knowingly undersold'

neveradullmoment99 Mon 17-Jun-19 17:25:10

Greed. Thats what it is @laska.

FuzzyPuffling Mon 17-Jun-19 17:41:22

Cripes! A new thread already!

Never I love both the shirt and the dress.

I've been browsing Uniqlo and they have some nice stuff (linen shirts). Anyone got any advice re sizing and quality? It all seems jolly bargainacious.

noodlezoodle Mon 17-Jun-19 17:53:16

Lovely shirt never but it does seem quite expensive. Dress is a definite keeper!

Fuzzy I have quite a bit of Uniqlo stuff, I like it for work. Most of it has been very hard wearing, with the exception of some silk stuff which wasn't very good quality. I bought a couple of the long linen shirts to wear over trousers or on holiday and they are reasonable quality, although I haven't washed them many times yet so not sure how they'll launder.

neveradullmoment99 Mon 17-Jun-19 18:38:51

Thanks for all your positivity regarding dress and shirt. The shirt is pricey but I will make a final decision when the 10 comes through. Also awaiting my ebay shirt bargain. Its been posted today so hopefully here by Wednesday so I can debate what to do and return what I don't want on Thursday.

miffy2 Mon 17-Jun-19 19:08:05

Quick question: is the aster kimono reduced in the sale? I could scratch my kimono itch at the same time as the aster pattern lol!

neveradullmoment99 Mon 17-Jun-19 19:14:02

Yes. Its down to £60

SoyYo Mon 17-Jun-19 19:41:51

Both shirt and dress are great never but agree you could size down on the shirt or decide till the eBay bargain is in. smile The dress I think keep regardless amazing price for pure linen and love the deep indigo will look great with t shirts underneath as a pinafore/as you wore in the first pic too.

fuzzy I think uniglo are underrated but have never bought any linen shirts from them. But I love their heatech vests in winter, their short warm jackets and Ines de la Fressage range, specially the trousers.

miffy you’re in luck! Aster kimono is also reduced to £60 and plenty left in stock smile

SoyYo Mon 17-Jun-19 19:42:45

I relented and ordered the red skirt blush

miffy2 Mon 17-Jun-19 19:49:11

Thanks girls - I may bite the bullet and get it as well as the scarf - the scarf will be a gift for the teacher I work with. Hell, I may get myself one too as you can never have too many, right?

Now, S/M or M/L in the kimono? I would be size 12 in most things Hush, 14 in other brands. has anyone tried it?

neveradullmoment99 Mon 17-Jun-19 19:51:44

The veria skirt? Its a lovely skirt @soyo.
The dress is useful. Its nice with a top under it or sleeveless. Its loose and not restrictive. My only worry is, does it look 'sack' like?/shapeless?

neveradullmoment99 Mon 17-Jun-19 19:52:26

I have it. I sized down to a 10 in it as the reviews say its quite full but a 12 would have been ok too, im sure.

GinandGingerBeer Mon 17-Jun-19 19:56:49

Oliver bobas have a few bargains if it's anyone cuppa.
Just bought this dress: https://www.oliverbonas.com/fashion/ditsy-floral-shirt-dress-74266
A jumper I can no longer find as I think I got the last one £15 down from £55
A marble bottle opener, just because it's pretty, and a little brass trinket holder. The whole caboodle only came to £45.
Some nice things on there including a really soft denim dress I had my eye on but have since bought one from M&S, a nice jumper dress with rainbow cuffs but OOS in my size.
It's all a bit erm quirky..... but I like it grin

Laska2Meryls Mon 17-Jun-19 20:05:30

Ha! Never .. We are definately style sisters! I also ordered that dress earlier on , am waiting for it to arrive .. I also ordered this scarf

Laska2Meryls Mon 17-Jun-19 20:07:15

I dont think it looks sack like on you and I love the idea of wearing with with a T under also . I ordered the 12 in that ..

Laska2Meryls Mon 17-Jun-19 20:10:22

but I shall have to send stuff back, I cant afford it all!

Laska2Meryls Mon 17-Jun-19 20:12:44

Miffy Nope . I am frequently buried in my scarf pile ,i have so many , searching for just 'the one!'to go with whatever outfit I am wearing .. I think I need something a bit like a wine rack in my hall to roll them all into and organise them

Laska2Meryls Mon 17-Jun-19 20:56:56

Hey ,after me emailing them back JL have gone back on their email and refunded me £40! for the shirt smile]

So hopefully (if i like them) either the 12 from them or the 10 from Toast I shall keep .. smile

justilou1 Mon 17-Jun-19 21:16:18

Hi @FuzzyPuffling UNIQLO linen can be fab! Sizing can be a bit different as Japanese. Pay more attention to measurements than “size” if looking at pants especially if tall. I am vertically challenged, so can usually find great bits and pieces!!! Shirts and dresses have been summer staples as were linen jumpsuit that I ended up losing too much weight for. They all wash really well!

Huffthepuff Mon 17-Jun-19 21:38:22

Thanks for the new thread Laska

Yes yes yes to the red skirt Soy
Never* really like the Toast shirt. Less excited by the linen dress but could be timeless and practical so if you feel good in it, keep

neveradullmoment99 Mon 17-Jun-19 21:38:39

Hey ,after me emailing them back JL have gone back on their email and refunded me £40! for the shirt smile]

Wow....maybe they read this thread! Are we that popular!!!???

What colour did you get the dress in @Laska2Meryls
We are style sisters I swear!!!
@miffy2 I think you would get away with the S/M as the other long kimono that is similar but longer has more reviews and they said that that one comes up big. There is nothing else to go on but if I was ordering it really trying not to then I would go for the S/M

neveradullmoment99 Mon 17-Jun-19 21:46:05

Actually found a real life picture of the Aster kimono. Tbh, not really that impressed with the look of it. Its also listed as M/L being a size 16 so if that's the case @miffy2 definitely size down.

neveradullmoment99 Mon 17-Jun-19 21:46:33

A picture of it in real life from ebay.

neveradullmoment99 Mon 17-Jun-19 21:47:21

I think it looks a bit dressing gown like.

SoyYo Mon 17-Jun-19 21:49:06

Result laska! Well done for persevering with JL. Nice scarf too! (What was it you said about too many scarves? grin)

never yes it’s that skirt I went for a 10 as I have narrow hips and the elasticated waist will take care of my podgy tum (I did the same with the culottes btw and any other elasticated waist Hush stuff...I find 12 is too big round the hips always).
I don’t think the dress is sacklike on you at all, it seems to flow nicely. It’s plain but that’s what makes it super useful too/I’m in love with that shade of indigo anyway.

gin good haul! That little dress aside from being bargainous is really sweet. I couldn’t wear such a lot of print all over due to my boobage but on you it’ll be so cute.

justi yes Uniglo rocks!

Huff thank you! You know it’s the kind of skirt I would have picked first a decade or two ago but as I’ve got older I’ve gone off ditsy florals a bit, tend to veer to larger/statement prints (if I do a print at all : re Gudrun or Jigsaw silk dress) so I hope it’ll suit me. I thought of it as a “happy skirt” that will be maxi length on me and I have the cropped faded denim jacket (not Hush) to wear it with wink

miffy re Asters kimono. I’d veer towards the smaller size as it’s very loose in any case and the larger one may swamp you as it’s meant to go up to a 16/18?

neveradullmoment99 Mon 17-Jun-19 21:50:49

I do however love the print. I think it reminds me of botanical drawings. I think the scarf/skirt is a good call.

Laska2Meryls Mon 17-Jun-19 21:51:11

Maybe they do ! although I did email them and asked why they didn't honour Toast sale prices..

I ordered the blue dress (U neck linen dress) Never which I think its the same same as yours, it looked a good bargain I thought. I didnt realise from your first photo with the T it was the same one and missed the other for some reason . Toast do seem to take a little while to deliver here though so be a few days yet i expect (its that 30 min boat journey!) . My poor credit card doesn't know whats hit it! but I really cannot order any more now as I will have to make sure i sort it out and pay what I owe before I go away .

But I have now had my Hush refund I was moaning about ( so they must read here also!)
soy looking forward to seeing the red skirt on you . Hush have already dispatched the stuff i ordered .. I am sure that the Paula skirt I ordered will be in the sale, but probably not in time for my hol..

neveradullmoment99 Mon 17-Jun-19 21:51:12

Or the culottes/and the vest top are lovely.

SoyYo Mon 17-Jun-19 21:56:51

Yes the Asters print is fabulous never (says she who supposedly rarely does prints grin)

neveradullmoment99 Mon 17-Jun-19 22:02:04

@Laska, the lightweight V-neck vest - Is it see through? Also what size did you go for?

Laska2Meryls Mon 17-Jun-19 22:04:08

I like the Aster print but the items they have made out of it are just not 'me' but I have given the scarf a punt .. ( but tbh I am not too sure about the yellow edge on it , which i think may stand out a bit too much) . I do really like the Toast scarf though! (that is so me

Here is a bit more Enabling, Zara dress. which I posted on the 'green dress' thread.. It looks fab on this model also. And If I hadn't already spent so much on potential holiday clothes I'd have ordered this one too !!

neveradullmoment99 Mon 17-Jun-19 22:07:32

Love the zara dress. Did you buy a Toast scarf?

neveradullmoment99 Mon 17-Jun-19 22:07:58

I think the maxi skirt in the aster is nice.

Laska2Meryls Mon 17-Jun-19 22:10:44

Never no they are not , I have 4 now! Khaki (from BA), Jolly Green and black. I have these in L (but I like them a bit loose) But the animal print chevron one is a M, as it seemed to come up bigger around the armholes for some reason , but I reckon you could get the M.. as I think your frame is narrower than mine (my shoulders are quite wide)

Laska2Meryls Mon 17-Jun-19 22:12:07

Yes Toast scarf

neveradullmoment99 Mon 17-Jun-19 22:24:35

The scarf is gorgeous @Laska, love it.
Thanks for the info on the vests. They look useful because you can wear a bra. You know what hush is like for see through-ness!

Laska2Meryls Mon 17-Jun-19 22:27:50

Never where did you get the necklace you are wearing in your photos? ( says Mrs Sheep)

neveradullmoment99 Mon 17-Jun-19 22:30:21

Its a white stuff necklace. I love it and wear it constantly. It just jazzes up things. They have some lovely necklaces.

neveradullmoment99 Mon 17-Jun-19 22:32:04

Its this one:

www.whitestuff.com/accessories-and-shoes/womens-accessories/multi-palm-resin-and-wood-necklace/

neveradullmoment99 Mon 17-Jun-19 22:34:20

Its adjustable so you can make it longer or shorter. I have quite a number of white stuff necklaces. I love all of them! They are really lovely quality.

GinandGingerBeer Mon 17-Jun-19 23:01:10

Just putting this out here.................. IWOULD LIKE TO WIN THE LOTTERY
Well, if JL ar reading and honouring prices and Hush are reading and turning their refunds around you never know WHO might be reading! gringringringrin
Ive just ordered a Whistles skirt I've had my eye on all season, probably won't fit as I had to order an 8 but worth a punt as it went down to 50% off.
Looks orrible on the website but it's nice irl.
https://www.whistles.com/women/sale/zig-zag-print-wrap-skirt-29161.html?cgid=SaleWW&dwvarr_zig-zag-print-wrap-skirt-29161_color=Yellow%2FMulti#prefn1=subCategory&prefv1=Skirts&start=0

neveradullmoment99 Mon 17-Jun-19 23:02:13

Btw, they have a ton of stuff [old stuff] added to the sale. Worth a little look!

neveradullmoment99 Mon 17-Jun-19 23:19:00

Crikey @Laska2Meryls They have the striped Amies again!!!

neveradullmoment99 Mon 17-Jun-19 23:28:35

So ordered the aster skirt just to try on. Kept looking at it and know it will probably go because its a good reduction [although about right for the price]

neveradullmoment99 Mon 17-Jun-19 23:29:05

I am like you @laska, need to return things. I cannot keep all of it.

justilou1 Tue 18-Jun-19 06:43:27

@miffy2 - 9 bottles of gin in the fridge? Party-ready at all times! I say you have priorities right!

miffy2 Tue 18-Jun-19 08:16:55

@justilou1 LOL. I swear some of them have been there a long time! DH and I keep receiving bottles as gifts so we have some from South Africa, France, limited editions from Aldi (pretty awesome too) and the regular Hendricks/Bombay/Gunpowder too.

I think I will get the aster scarf and skirt, and maybe the kimono just to try as I have never worn one before and it is a toss up between this one and the hundred stars one in burgundy,

Talisin Tue 18-Jun-19 08:31:52

Well I tried to buy a couple of things in the sale but it kept timing out and then finally when I managed to get as far as pay, one of the things had sold out so I gave up. Oh well, no financial regrets anywaysmile

twosoups1972 Tue 18-Jun-19 09:51:59

Does anyone think any other items will be added to the sale later on? I really want a Kensington dress but it hasn’t been reduced.

Laska2Meryls Tue 18-Jun-19 10:21:57

Yes * twosoups* they usually do, but on a couple of weeks, I'd be surprised if with all this rubbish summer weather,if most of the dressesand skirts dont go in..
The striped Amies they have on for £30 I ended up buying last year for £15 (and dyed, which is why I have so many) .
I have ordered the Faye tunic shirt which I know is nice as I ordered before and sent back as too expensive , ( it's thin though, more like a over up) and size up.. also the cropped relaxed midnight trousers

SoyYo Tue 18-Jun-19 11:01:00

I had a peep last night after midnight and saw new items listed (not on the friends presale as old season stock). Managed to bag some grey Monaco’s (I have the chilli from last year) and a pair of Brighton sandals which I loved last year but don’t think were ever reduced?
Anyway can’t keep everything so expecting to return something hmm

EachandEveryone Tue 18-Jun-19 12:03:31

I wish the Hush scarves where as big as the Toast one. I. Thinking of those chilly Glastonbury nights.

EachandEveryone Tue 18-Jun-19 12:05:58

I cant justify the £5 delivery charge for Toast

twosoups1972 Tue 18-Jun-19 13:24:14

@GinandGingerBeer the Whistles skirt is lovely. They have a 10 and 6 in stock if you're worried about the sizing...?

Looking forward to seeing everyone's Hush sale purchases. I'm holding off for a while, there's nothing I am desperate for.

Dd3 went off on her trip on Sunday morning and we are enjoying a very peaceful week so far. Nice for dd2 to have her parents to herself and some peace after GCSEs. She's got her prom tonight and is having her hair done as we speak!

I've been perusing the Dinny Hall jewellery site, I love this necklace:
www.dinnyhall.com/summer-sale/bijou-star-pendant

But even in the sale £77 is a lot for a silver necklace.

NotAnActualSheep Tue 18-Jun-19 13:34:58

Thanks for the new thread laska - can't believe the old one was finished so quickly and you're all 3 pages into this one! Loved all the woo at the end of the last thread - and the reference in this title grin

I tried the carly jumpsuit (tiger one) laska but didn't keep it - it just didn't really fit me very well, and the flappy bit at the back showed my bra and would have annoyed me. Also, I wasn't too impressed with the fabric - was a bit shiny, but that may just have been because i wasn't expecting that, iyswim. I considered ordering it again in the sale at the (much better) price, 'cos it does keep calling me, and it looks a gorgeous shape on the model - but I've resisted. Impressed at you hectoring persuading JL to price match in the end. I really don't understand why their stock isn't reduced (mind you, they bizarrely seem to reduce some toast stuff that toast don't themselves, mid-season - so I can't say I'm too surprised). And that scarf is absolutely beautiful. sits on wallet

I also love never's blue striped shirt and the dress (I have that one in the grey, and it's super useful). Lovely with the necklace! Also (from the last thread!) huff - your sushi jumpsuit outfit looked beautiful! So relaxed and cool... And gin that oliver bonas dress is so pretty, and a total bargain. In fact, there are lots of bargainous things there. puts wallet in freezer . The whistles skirt is nice too - lovely print. (if your lottery thing works, let me know grin I'll give it a go too!)

cherries - hope your camping is going well! Beautiful part of the world (but hope the midges haven't made it out yet...though if the weather isn't great you may be missing them!

I do love the aster print, but none of that collection would really fill a hole in my wardrobe to be honest. Looking forward to seeing the maxi, culottes and kimono though! They look so pretty. Also soy's red skirt is lush! (but again, I'm swimming in maxi skirts/ dresses).

So, from the hush sale, I ordered the pink linen v neck jumper (merlin - I thought it would work with the tiered skirt and another couple of skirts i have), the basket stitch jacket (black/ white) and the "happy" tee, cos I decided I needed something with an uplifting word on it (as you do). I think I'll keep the tee - its v thin, but a pretty colour and nice shape, and only £20. The other 2 are going back though. They are both "fine" but nothing special. The jacket (it's a cardigan really isn't it...) hung in a slightly odd way (or maybe the length was odd - can't quite figure it out) and I thought it was bordering on frumpy on me. I like the idea of a slightly structured cardi, but I just wasn't too enamoured of it (also, it started off a hot flush as soon as i put it on, which didn't bode well). The linen jumper was a more coral pink than i thought from the website, so didn't tone as well as i was hoping with fuchsia things - and I do already have several linen jumpers - so that's going back too. I toyed with some stuff from the old stock but haven't ordered anything else, as nothing is really grabbing me

I keep getting drawn back to this jumpsuit though and I need to control myself. Tell me to control myself, please. I don't wear orangey/ brown, and I already have too many clothes. throws wallet into room with "beware of leopard" sign on it

Ninkaninus Tue 18-Jun-19 13:37:11

I wanted the beautiful aqua/white Hush earrings that someone on the thread has (don’t remember who) - had them on my wishlist at JL and they’ve already sold out. I can’t seem to find them on Hush, can anyone link to them please, or check if they’re sold out? Thank you x

NotAnActualSheep Tue 18-Jun-19 13:38:02

Oh soups - So glad DD went off OK on Sunday - I know you were worried! Hope DDs prom goes well too! yy, I'm sure she is enjoying a bit of mum-time smile

Never heard of that website before totters off to have a nosey

Ninkaninus Tue 18-Jun-19 13:38:30

Oops sorry found them!! Now to read back through the thread 😊

justilou1 Tue 18-Jun-19 13:41:40

@GinandGingerBeer... I love the necklace too! It’s quite solid, but simple and timeless... while somehow remaining feminine and delicate. Must be perfectly balanced!

Ninkaninus Tue 18-Jun-19 13:42:44

Hmmm I think I might decide against as apparently they are very delicate. That’s a shame, I’ve had my eye on them for ages. But I really shouldn’t be spending any more anyway.

<furiously polishes halo, totally ignoring the fact that I would have bought had I not read negative reviews>

SoyYo Tue 18-Jun-19 14:45:16

Okay big haul (Huge) has arrived.
First Aster culottes, bought in 10 and 12 to compare. Keeping the 10. Camisole a disaster on me so not showing (I knew it was probably a no in any case due to my shape/also too much of a good print imho).
The 12 I’m trying on with khaki star T which is going back, thin and not flattering on me.
The 10 culottes with just a navy old linen T and my black Spanish silk top.

SoyYo Tue 18-Jun-19 14:46:29

Red skirt next. I love! (So surprised!)
A keeper

SoyYo Tue 18-Jun-19 14:50:20

Jumper. Beautiful but too much in your face for my top heavy frame making me look bigger than I am.
I do recommend it’s fabulous but on me not so much...
AND took a punt on the BA embroidered jacket that never has and I totally love. But it’s an 8!! Can I get away with it?

SoyYo Tue 18-Jun-19 14:57:53

Finally the Camel embroidered T.
Undecided.
See it with my Marina stripy skirt (reason I bought as it looked nice on the model) and compare to it with existing plain blue v neck T.
I think Return? It’s nice enough but tbh I think the v neck T looks better (and I have it in red/pink too to match colours on skirt)

I’m on a work call soon so will check your yay or nays later.
Thank You!

I’m actually relieved I don’t love it all on me grin but thought you’d like to see in case you’re mulling it over (all except the Aster cami which is very well made but just NO on me wink)

NotAnActualSheep Tue 18-Jun-19 15:14:59

Haha nink ! - a halo is a halo regardless...

Wow soy! I love all that! The BA top, yes, definitely keep. It looks lovely and drapey, and not too small at all. (In fact - I think it looks perfect on the shoulders on you! Im beginning to doubt that hush actually do size things differently, TBH, even though they stick different labels on... They just claim it's meant to be enormous and swampy oversized on actual small people...). The culottes are fab (really like with the navy vest) - and the way you've styled the skirt is perfect smile . I kind of agree with you on the 2 tees - the v neck is better with the marina IMO, though the colour of the camel one is lush - but, yy, if you want to send anything back, then those would probably be best. I kind of disagree on the jumper though - i think that looks really nice on you. The colours are amazing and it looks great with those jeans! I don't think it makes you look huge at all.

twosoups1972 Tue 18-Jun-19 15:16:11

Great haul @SoyYo

I love the culottes and red skirt, they both look great on you. Camel t-shirt - I also saw it paired with the stripy marina, I think the colour is good with the skirt but just not sure about the camel. The skirt is very versatile colour wise, the light blue top looks nice with it and tbh you could wear almost any colour top with it. The BA jacket is fab! I was considering it too. I think the size is just right on you smile

twosoups1972 Tue 18-Jun-19 15:18:52

@SoyYo what size did you get the red skirt in?

SoyYo Tue 18-Jun-19 15:26:56

Thank You not and soups 🙏
Totally agree.
You’ve got me doubting myself on the jumper...but it was the most expensive of that haul and really not sure...
Yes the skirt is a 10 and plenty big enough/comfy.
And the embroidered blue top is so voluminous this is why I get away with an 8...hmm but also goes to show for my frame I should be an 8 so the weight loss journey continues...this is why it fits perfectly on my shoulders I’m actually quite small boned/petite and it’s just my boobs that always make me look bigger than I am (and the excess weight which I’m at least doing something about).

@soups Good Luck with DD Tonight!
I remember the anticipation and excitement on prom night so well smile

CakeInMyFace Tue 18-Jun-19 15:59:04

What do you all think of the Farah dress? I'm not sure...Im only 5ft 1 and a size 6 to 8 and not sure if it looks ok on or not? Never done this style before. I reckon will return....

SoyYo Tue 18-Jun-19 16:07:47

cake it looks very good on you! Honestly suits you but what is it that’s bothering you about it? Shape? Length? Colour?
Btw we are silver trainer twins (I have those too wink, super and so comfy! They look great with the dress btw)

SoyYo Tue 18-Jun-19 16:11:28

not forgot to add I’m impressed at your restraint wink and so won’t be enabling you to get that Toast jumpsuit unless you have no summer jumpsuits in which case consider yourself fully enabled even though it looks fab! smile

TheFormidableMrsC Tue 18-Jun-19 16:16:11

Hello! I keep losing you and then spotting you again! I think because I have struggled with the new season Hush stuff and indeed haven't been able to save to treat myself because of other more important things, I've lost momentum.

I did, however, order the Paradise slogan sweatshirt in what I can only describe as a nuclear shade of highlighter lime/yellow. I am really not sure, the sweat itself is a lovely cut and 100% cotton which I prefer but the colour...I am wondering if that might fade..does anybody else have one? One of the reviews says it "runs a lot" so wash separately. I haven't bought myself anything for ages but it was a good sale price just not sure that I want to light the way for wherever I go grin

All the pics above are lovely!

CakeInMyFace Tue 18-Jun-19 16:19:53

@SoYo think I'm just so used to wearing above the knee but it is a super comfy dress and be good for the in between days when warm for jeans but not warm enough for beach type dress! Perhaps I should just embrace the midi trend! Thank you for your kind words. I always think everyone on here looks amazing!

The shoes are comfy arent they!? This is my third year wearing them and they are looking a little worn but I cant bear the thought of trading them in yet!

twosoups1972 Tue 18-Jun-19 16:26:31

@cake I really like it on you! I also used to stick to shorter dresses but I'm on the hunt for some longer dresses this year.

@SoyYo if you're not sure about the jumper I would return it. I'm trying to have a policy of only keeping things I love.

Ellapaella Tue 18-Jun-19 16:40:15

Soyo love all of it - really like the marina skirt, the red skirt and the Aster culottes. All looks super, love the pale denim jacket with the red skirt.
Only thing I'm not so keen on is the blue T-shirt with the camel on but it's not you it's me 😁

@CakeInMyFaceI like the dress - looks lovely.

Ellapaella Tue 18-Jun-19 16:40:56

@SoyYo I love the pink jumper, I think it looks super, love the colours.

SoyYo Tue 18-Jun-19 17:02:57

Waves to MrsC nice to read you! You know I thought about some of our old thread posters recently and your name popped into my head...I wonder if MrsC is still around? And here you are soys telepathic powers but unfortunately can’t help with your conundrum...sorry! Hopefully someone will be along soon to do so.

cake yes I’m the same as you re silver trainers. Clark’s stopped doing them and they’re my comfy precious silver feet sad keep the dress it’s a great length and easy style (AND looks great)

soups the jumper quality is honestly fabulous and the mix of textures/colours make it so unusual but yes that crew neck is not for me. DH agrees too. I need a v neck/scoop neck or boat neck with my chest. And you’re totally right I don’t keep anything these days I don’t love and know will wear 👍

SoyYo Tue 18-Jun-19 17:04:57

Oh thanks Ella! That jumper would actually look marvellous on you.
The camel T is going back (the Marina I’ve had for a while but I have better T’s to match it to then the camel for sure 👍)

twosoups1972 Tue 18-Jun-19 17:28:04

My living room has been taken over by teenage girls! The prom venue is close to our home so I said dd could invite her friends over to get ready here. Me and one other mum will drop them off soon. It's a hub of activity, long dresses, high heels, make up and hair! Shame the weather is rubbish hmm

SoyYo Tue 18-Jun-19 18:13:49

Happy Girly Chaos soups!
Take plenty of pics (they’ll thank you one day) and a well deserved wine when they’ve been dropped off at the prom venue.
I’m excited for them and don’t even know them other than via you but have this vision in my head of overexcited beautiful young girls in their glad rags. What Fun!!

SoyYo Tue 18-Jun-19 18:15:27

Is glad rags the correct term for pretty frocks? If not forgive my English as a second language faux pas smile but that’s what I meant to convey...

This thread is not accepting new messages.