Talk

Advanced search

Another period pants thread - thanx v modibodi

(5 Posts)
Notcontent Mon 03-Jun-19 15:51:33

I first read about thanx a while ago and was really taken with the idea of period pants, particularly the fact that they might prevent leaks, especially at night. Later I realised that there are other brands out there and have bought some modibodi pants for dd. Dd hasn’t tried them out yet (she hasn’t got her period yet!) but having examined them, they do look useful, but it seems to me that there is still a chance of leakage outside of the padded area (sorry if this is TMI, but e.g. the classic lying down and blood up your bum crack scenario!).

When I initially read about thanx I thought the whole thing was leakproof. Is that right?

OP’s posts: |
justaperson Mon 03-Jun-19 17:10:42

I use these as backup for leaks - they're not absorbent enough on their own, but if you have a tsunami at work or a night time leak they are good enough for that and have saved me a few times!
www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01H6MZGF8/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?psc=1&tag=mumsnetforu03-21&ie=UTF8

MyNameIsCharlesII Mon 03-Jun-19 17:17:20

I use the cheeky wipes pants and they’re padded all up the back. Not like a nappy padded or anything but the same thin absorbent layer as the gusset. Amazing things.

TwirlyWitch Mon 03-Jun-19 17:41:51

The back padding goes way up to the bum crack in modibodi. I’ve yet to leak in them at all- quite a surprise as they don’t seem thick enough.

maggiemay1982 Thu 30-Apr-20 06:14:44

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in