Talk

Advanced search

Is there such thing as a non greasy facial spf 50?

(36 Posts)
RoastNuts Tue 14-May-19 07:15:19

This is absolutely gorgeous. You should be able to get a free sample at any Clarins counter.

LaBrujaPiruja Tue 14-May-19 07:15:03

Heliocare 360• Gel Oil-Free
Best spf 50 ever.

eurochick Tue 14-May-19 07:06:29

Another vote for watery essence. Suncream normally brings me out in spots on my face and feels horribly greasy. This does neither. It's brilliant stuff.

Zurisee Tue 14-May-19 06:53:17

I’ve started using Eucerin Oil Control they do an SPF 30 and 50. It feels more like a gel and has a mattifying effect, almost feels more like a primer than a suncream.

MistyMinge2 Tue 14-May-19 06:51:43

Biore watery essence is amazing. I got some off amazon. I put it on after moisturiser, but before make up. Not greasy at all. My skin has actually improved and has a better texture on the days I wear it.

Google Sali Hughes non greasy suncream. She did an article in the Guardian.

I've seen a bodyshop one recommended quite a lot too.

JoyceDivision Tue 14-May-19 06:48:41

I know body shop have thespf50... Haven't invested in it yet, reviews online look good and people here usually give it a mention.

UserAlice Tue 14-May-19 06:47:51

I’ve been using this for the last 10 days in Crete on my very acne prone skin. It’s great - no huge breakout like I usually get. Still the odd blemish but that’s normal for me.

www.boots.com/nivea-sun-uv-face-suncream-spf-50-shine-control-50ml-10242721?cm_mmc=bmm-buk-google-ppc-_-PLAs-_-(GB:Whoop!)+NIVEA+Sun-_-(GB:Whoop!)+Boots+Shopping+-+Category+-+Health+and+Pharmacy+-+Mobile&gclsrc=aw.ds&&gclid=CjwKCAjwq-TmBRBdEiwAaO1en0083I4Jzv4dIL726CgDiyH_IMaBdmHgTtzI2XgYWu6MZP2h1vBB8BoCYroQAvD_BwE

cptartapp Tue 14-May-19 06:46:47

Seconding Biore watery essence. Buy it online. About a tenner. Completely non greasy.

ParadiseLaundry Tue 14-May-19 06:42:40

I also have acne prone skin and like you really struggled to fine something suitable. I feel that spf makes my skin awful.

This isn't answering your question at all but I wear my normal moisturiser (spf 15) and foundation (spf 17) and avoid being in the sun as much as possible and wear a hat all the time when out in the sun. On a very sunny day when I know I will be out a bit more I use a factor 30 bb cream which doesn't seem to aggravate my skin, a Korean brand, Skin79. It is still quite greasy looking though.

LesserBohemian Tue 14-May-19 06:41:43

I was vexed by the same issue and suffered horribly with cystic acne trying to protect my skin from the sun with various products.

Then I found Biore watery essence. It’s wonderful. It dries matt and I’ve had zero spots when using it every day for near on two years now.

You still need to make sure you double cleanse at night to fully remove it though.

Troton Tue 14-May-19 06:29:30

If so what is it!?
ive tried ultrasun, cetaphil moisturiser spf 50 and CeraVe spf 25. Theyre all really greasy.
I have acne prone skin so desperate for a high spf that doesnt clog pores or look shiny and greasy

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »