Talk

Advanced search

BERGHAUS

(7 Posts)
MonkeyfromManchester Mon 13-May-19 15:58:51

Off to Ireland in July. I’m not a waterproof kinda gal but I reckon I’m going to need a waterproof jacket. Years ago - slimmer, fitter, going out with a 6ft 6 rock climber (yes, indeedy) - I had a BERGHAUS jacket which was very durable and managed to look stylish. Well, I was 19!
I am now a size 14, I get wearing layers - merino t, fleece, topped with a kagoule. Do I need to get a 16 to fit those layers under? I’m not spending a fortune as I’ve found a nearly new one on eBay?

Teddybear45 Mon 13-May-19 16:00:30

It depends on your body shape. I am pear shape so I often have to size down in Berghaus.

MonkeyfromManchester Mon 13-May-19 16:22:45

Thank you. I’m an apple who needs to get back to the core after trying on bikinis this morning. Not for Ireland! Greece in June.

stucknoue Mon 13-May-19 16:23:39

Mine is the same size as my clothing, but try them on

MyFamilyAndOtherAnimals1 Mon 13-May-19 16:25:29

I'm between sizes, so if I know that I'm going to be layering up then I'll get the larger size. Also, if it's a very fitted jacket, then I'd go up a size- there's nothing worse than having a jacket that's too small.

LaDameAuxLicornes Mon 13-May-19 16:51:03

I'm a 10 but bought a Berghaus walking jacket in a 12. I would ask the seller for measurements and if in doubt size up.

Bazzill Mon 13-May-19 17:31:01

I find them true to size but if you're wearing a fleece under it then maybe size up. I find with wearing layers that even if it fits okay around the torso it's sometimes the arms and shoulders where you need that extra space.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »