Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Quick factual question about hairbands on girls?

(15 Posts)
Countingthegreyhairs Wed 18-Jul-07 09:57:34

Hi everyone. I've done a (quickish) search but sorry if I've missed the answer to this.

At what age (roughly speaking) can a girl be relied upon to keep a hair band (elasticated fabric one, or plastic variety) in place?

Tia!

Enid Wed 18-Jul-07 09:59:44

Countingthegreyhairs Wed 18-Jul-07 14:04:24

LOL Enid!

But is it about four or five or six (or later)? Have serious reason for asking. Trying to cover up prominent strawberry birthmark.

MaloryTowers Wed 18-Jul-07 14:05:12

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

OhNo40 Wed 18-Jul-07 14:07:41

I was hoping to read everyone saying "3" but judging by where I found it yesterday when I collected from nursery, I doubt that is the case.

bozza Wed 18-Jul-07 14:08:25

Older than 3. DD had a hairband on at ballet (to keep the new fluffy hair in place, she also had a pony tail) and said hairband spent most of the ballet lesson around her waist.

Maybe I am just that she can actually get her hairband round her waist.

WigWamBam Wed 18-Jul-07 14:09:02

Dd is 6, and can't/won't keep hers in place - even when she chooses to put it on herself in the first place.

bozza Wed 18-Jul-07 14:10:34

I ditched the band the next week and she took out her clip and fiddled with that and then put it back in again at a strange angle and in a strange place. Do you think she does not have the attention span of one hour.

Tamum Wed 18-Jul-07 14:10:36

At last I find something to brag about- dd could do this before she was 3. Hurrah Elasticated much easier than hard ones IME; good luck!

ShrinkingVenomousTentacular Wed 18-Jul-07 14:10:53

depends on how much hair and what type of hairband - all my three DDs have thick hair, and the plastic-type hairbands with grippy teeth inside styed on from around 2 - 3. Plastic ones without teeth from around 5. The stretchy material ones have never ever stayed on anyone (maybe the DDs have weird shaped heads tho

bozza Wed 18-Jul-07 14:28:39

DD has pretty elasticated ones, but will not wear. She has very fine, fluffy, wavy hair which refuses any hairstyle. And her crown is at one side which means that she ends up with the hair sticking up at that side.

sallystrawberry Wed 18-Jul-07 14:29:31

sleepycat Wed 18-Jul-07 14:31:37

chevre Wed 18-Jul-07 14:36:34

i have had moderate success with the headscarf/headband ones. basically v. thick at the top (good for keeping sun off) and elasticated bit at the bottom. suspect this relies on large amount of hair to stay in place. dd is 3 1/2

Countingthegreyhairs Wed 18-Jul-07 15:15:41

Gosh, thanks for all responses!!

DD is 4 - hair thick but fine and hair slides keep falling out. She's attending a ballet class five mornings week after next - need to use something and birthmark gradually flattening as she ages but still fairly visible. Thanks again.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now