Talk

Advanced search

Dove Pro-age body lotion, worth it or not? I approve of their advertising and it's making me consider it. Or is the one you use better?

(15 Posts)
WideWebWitch Tue 17-Jul-07 13:08:52

I usually buy E45 lotion body lotion which is non greasy and quickly absorbed (get me, I sound like an advert myself) but tempted by Dove's ads featuring real women I am considering their body lotion. Is it any good? It's £5 which doesn't compare favourably to £2.19 for E45 but is it worth it?

I am that particular kind of consumer who doesn't mind spending £20 on a mascara as long as it's good. TIA for any views and recommendations of alternative body lotions. I cannot stand those that mean you have to hang about waiting for hours for them to dry btw, I haven't got time in my life for that.

JackieNo Tue 17-Jul-07 13:15:05

I've got one of them (there are 2 different versions) and I'm not hooked. It's OK, but you need to be quite sparing with it, or you feel greasy for ages. Having said that, once you've got the quantity right, it's pretty good. But I don't think I'll be buying it again. Will probably last for ages though. I'll just go upstairs and check which one I have...

JackieNo Tue 17-Jul-07 13:18:27

OK - I have the Beauty body lotion rather than the Body cream oil because I liked the sound of AHAs. (I'm a marketing man's dream.)

JackieNo Tue 17-Jul-07 13:26:23

By the way - they do advertise samples, but they're only of the deodorant and shampoo and conditioner, unfortunately.

WideWebWitch Tue 17-Jul-07 13:30:52

Sounds like not for me then if it's greasy, ty jn.

LaCerbiatta Tue 17-Jul-07 13:55:17

I have the neutrogena one and it's not greasy at all, absorbs really quickly. It's ok but not amazing, but if you don't have very dry skin then maybe it's good enough.
IMO the best ones are the body butters from Body Shop. My favourite one is the mango, but there are different ones for different skin types. They're a little bit expensive but worth it. You can buy the small travel pot just to try.

Sorry, my answer has nothing to do with the Dove lotion, does it?....

TootyFrooty Tue 17-Jul-07 13:57:36

Stick with the E45 imho. The Dove pro age stuff smells a bit odd.

JackieNo Tue 17-Jul-07 13:59:05

I'm not that keen on the smell either, though it's not unpleasant. But <sniffs arm> it doesn't seem to linger.

batters Tue 17-Jul-07 14:08:22

Apparantly Palmer's coco butter is the best thing you can buy www . Comes top in lots of surveys. And it is on special offer at Superdrug at the moment, under £2 a bottle I think.

Have just bought some for the first time and I smell nice and feel soft. It absorbed quickly too.

puddle Tue 17-Jul-07 14:11:56

I have been using Loreal nutrisoft for years and I really really rate it. My skin is quite dry - this absorbs really quickly.

LaCerbiatta Tue 17-Jul-07 14:54:13

Palmer's coco butter is very nice, but I don't think it absorbs that well. It really takes some effort to rub it in. Also the novelty of the chocolate smell wears off after a couple of weeks and then becomes quite annoying. I couldn't wait to finnish it

RGPargy Tue 17-Jul-07 15:22:58

I use Nivea Soft Intensive Moisturising Cream in the big pot and i have to say it's by far the best one i've tried yet. It's about a fiver too, but it's not greasy and very easily absorbed!!

ediemay Tue 17-Jul-07 15:30:17

Neal's Yard rose body cream - pricey but lasts for ages and smells mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
rich but not slimy
mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
can you tell I don't get out much?

Birdly Tue 17-Jul-07 15:51:44

I like the Vaseline Aloe Fresh body lotion. It's got a subtle fragrance and soaks in quickly. I think it's about £4 for 400ml - I buy loads when it's on special offer!

electra Thu 19-Jul-07 20:30:07

I think it's horrid - really gloopy texture. I use Nivea Q10 which is one of the better cheap ones imo.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now