Talk

Advanced search

Gap kids/slim fit jeans for girls

(16 Posts)
SueW Mon 16-Jul-07 08:19:36

Nottingham's Gap Kids is never brilliant but it's going rapidly downhill.

DD wants a pair of slim-fitting jeans and Next have completely sold out. She's slim round the waist and I'd hoped we'd be able to pick some up in Gap but there's nothing in store.

Can someone recommend:

- a great GapKids with a large selection of jeans and/or

- another shop which has good jeans which will fit a slim 10yo?

Cheers

indiasmum Mon 16-Jul-07 08:24:33

i dont know if they have sold out or not but boden do slim/skinny fit jeans for girls, and their sale is on. worth a look???

MintyDixCharrington Mon 16-Jul-07 08:28:59

I second the boden slim fit ones, they are excellent.
alternatively we have an outlet centre near us that has a ralph lauren - you can often get girls jeans there for about £15 (instead of the usual £50! ). They are FANTASTIC for skinny girls with long legs - they fit my 9 year old like a dream....
I don't think I've ever found a pair that fit her properly in Gap I must say

SueW Mon 16-Jul-07 08:30:24

Thanks but Boden are also sold out

They have super-slim fit in the Autumn preview which I think DD will like but 4 weeks wait and we could do with something for the summer holidays since shorts seem not to be an option due to appalling weather.

MintyDixCharrington Mon 16-Jul-07 08:32:36

hmmmm.
trip down the m40 to bicester village outlet centre?!!

MintyDixCharrington Mon 16-Jul-07 08:33:28

what age is she? I may be going to my outlet centre this afternoon, I could have a look and see if they have her size and what price if you like. be happy to send them to you...

SueW Mon 16-Jul-07 08:39:47

A trip to Bicester could well be in order - we are a week into school hols and need some shopping trips

Minty if you are popping out, I'd be really grateful if you could have a look. She's still in bed but I'll measure her when she gets up (or dig around my diary, it may have fairly recent measurements).

We have only found Gap jeans to fit when in the US because the range of sizes out there is so much bigger than here. They fit beautifully on her waist and bottom and no elastic.

SueW Mon 16-Jul-07 08:40:33

Oh she's 10, btw.

sugarmatches Mon 16-Jul-07 08:42:03

The denim jeans at H&M kids are fantastic right now. The do a really cute skinny jean too.
Worth a look
My dd also loves slim jeans and I think the GAP version run too big anyway.
And on a plus note, Boden is doing the skinny jeans again in the autumn and the book goes out in a few wekks.

MintyDixCharrington Mon 16-Jul-07 09:30:48

will do!
actually I second H&M - haven't bought jeans there but have bought really nice cotton trousers etc which are skinny fit and fit well...

SueW Mon 16-Jul-07 18:18:13

Sorry - she slept in and we had to rush out for appointments - and then on for lunch and Harry Potter. Just got home. Did you have any luck?

What's the best day to do Bicester? For the next few weeks we're limited to Mon or Fri (I loathe travelling north on Friday afternoons) but thereafter it's any day.

Wisteria Mon 16-Jul-07 18:21:01

Sue, if you're in Nottingham have you tried MacArthur Glen, just off J28? Or the East Mids Shopping Outlet as I believe it's been renamed.....

SueW Mon 16-Jul-07 18:27:11

I didn't know it had been renamed. We haven't been since Gap opened - I don't rate it, tbh. I don't think I've ever bought anything there except from the Thornton's cafe!

DrunkenSailor Mon 16-Jul-07 18:35:02

Message withdrawn

Wisteria Tue 17-Jul-07 08:29:45

They've got a next clearance outlet now which may have the jeans you mean. I know what you mean, I don't rate it either for myself but my 13yrdd1 seems to find loads of things!

tuppy Tue 17-Jul-07 16:00:30

One other idea -M&S. Usually the fit is huge on my 8.5yo dd who has skinny long legs. However she is wearing a pair of their skinny fit atm and they fit very well (age 9). Plain darkish denim with pink stitching, but otherwise unadorned. Will come back with product code if these sound useful !

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now