(200 Posts)
charmkin Thu 12-Jul-07 18:48:36

yes or no?
my 2 year old ds never had a haircut
still patchy hair but what there is is long and thick
people ask me when i getting it cut
i like it

GreengottsTheGoblinBank Thu 12-Jul-07 18:51:01

mine both have long page boy hair, it's blonde and smooth and beautiful, and it suits them. I do get the odd derisive sneer or ignorant look from the "crew-cuts and camos the minute they turn 2" brigade, but frankly I couldn't give a leper's handshake.

redtoenails Thu 12-Jul-07 18:59:21

don't like it personally !

lou33 Thu 12-Jul-07 19:02:51

mine have short hair but ds2 (6) wants to grow it out and become a rock dude (his words)

i dont have a problem about it

FillydoraTonks Thu 12-Jul-07 19:04:22

i quite like it. Ds's hair is sometimes like that, then we get it cut to a medium proper "boy" cut IYKWIM. Then wait a few months. I do like to get my moneys worth

I CANNOT stand crew cuts on little boys. It always makes me kind of to see such a thing. Then chuck in a pair of combats and a t shirt with a "I'm a cheeky delinquent who likes guns" on it.

CristinaTheAstonishing Thu 12-Jul-07 19:05:53

DS had long, blond, curly hair till he was about 2.5. We had to cut it when it started looking like Peter Stringfellow's.

jo25 Thu 12-Jul-07 19:06:23

my ds 4.8 has really long hair, when washed it comes down between shoulders. It is however red and curly! he loves his curls and whenever we brush it ( about once every 2 months, usually when dredlocks appear ) he hates it and always tells the hairdresser not to cut of his curls!!!! so he has about 1cm cut off all over. I tink its great, his best friend also has long hair.

quadrophenia Thu 12-Jul-07 19:06:25

I have one long haired, one short haired boy.

quadrophenia Thu 12-Jul-07 19:08:02

picture on my profile

FillydoraTonks Thu 12-Jul-07 19:09:14

jesus have just noticed that ds's hair is longer than dd's.

but my kids do actually resemble charlie and lola

GreengottsTheGoblinBank Thu 12-Jul-07 19:09:53

LOL, so do mine (but mine are both boys )

zoeuk1 Thu 12-Jul-07 19:16:27

up until last week my 8yr old boy had waist length hair. he decided he wanted it cutting though, so it all got chopped off! he looked great with it long.

Peachy Thu 12-Jul-07 19:17:32

ds1 (7) has ahir thatr eaches below collar when wet, although it curls to just above (very loose ringlets) when dry

its fab, he loves it

Carnoodleusfudge Thu 12-Jul-07 19:20:42

DS (11) has not had hair cut since April and only wants it cut at end of summer holiday. Looks like some sort of rug - very thick.

schneebly Thu 12-Jul-07 19:27:59

I think it looks cute but DH doesn't like it. Mine both have quite short hair but not sure they would suit it longer anyway tbh.

meandmyflyingmachine Thu 12-Jul-07 19:31:21

Ds's hair is, um, bushy when left to grow. Smooth and beautiful it isn't. He has it reasonably short to control the volume, but not too short because he has ears like Yoda and I prefer not to frame them . If he had lovely smooth hair it would be long for sure.

Carnoodleusfudge Thu 12-Jul-07 19:32:44

Realised "small boy" so discount previous post - DS is big and smelly

Crazydazy Thu 12-Jul-07 19:34:15

My DS has a cowlick so unable to grow his hair long. I do like little boys with longish hair though, they look like little surfer kids

Rantmum Thu 12-Jul-07 19:35:51

If it is looking a bit straggly you could get a trim without losing too much length, just to neaten it all up. I dislike crew cuts and my ds (2.5) has beautiful blonde curls - I like to keep his hair long enough that you can see the curls, but I do take him for the odd cut so that at least it looks under control and neat.

DoubleBluff Thu 12-Jul-07 19:36:50

DS2 is 4 and has long blond hair.
Everyone says they love his hair, he looks so cute.

Troutpout Thu 12-Jul-07 19:37:55

if it suits him yes Charmkin.
Most boys at ds's school have short hair apart from the all of the lentil weavers children...indeed, i believe you aren't allowed to join the lentil weavers gang unless your boys have long hair

nooka Thu 12-Jul-07 19:40:28

I think it depends on the child and the hairstyle. Suits some, looks silly on others. ds has loosely curly hair which looks pretty cool long, and he has had quite a bush in the past. But it gets very hot and sweaty so on the whole he prefers it shorter. It doesn't look good very short, as his head is a bit squiffy. I'm not keen on the crew cut look personally (looks a bit convict like to me).

TinyGang Thu 12-Jul-07 19:41:01

Not keen on long hair for boys.

It reminds me of that 70's 'Charlie and the Chocolate Factory' boy.

But my ds is only 5 and not said he wants to grow it. I guess I would let him later if he really really wanted to.

But (sob) I have enough problems with tangles and wrestling with hair with my two dd's. He's so easy; I just give him 'dust' and he's off.

hana Thu 12-Jul-07 19:41:49

not a fan here

sweetcat Thu 12-Jul-07 19:44:22

My DS (20 mths) had long hair past his collar and looked very cute. I was reluctant to get it cut but finally took him because he couldn't see!

The barber took one look and when I asked him to just cut the fringe he tutted and said "oh, these mum's who want little pop star lookalikes!" and proceeded to cut the back. I was but once he'd started it was too late.

I am now letting it grow and won't be going back there.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now