Talk

Advanced search

washing woollens

(4 Posts)
doughnuts Wed 11-Jul-07 16:59:27

ok, so I have a wardrobe full of mis-shapen,stiff cardis - how often (ie how many wears - given that the garment is worn over a t shirt/top, so not sweated on - eew- sorry) would you wash them and how ? I thank you.

Idreamofdaleks Wed 11-Jul-07 17:04:21

wash when they need it - ie they are visibly dirty or smell less then fresh or have gone out of shape

I use my machine's hand wash cycle, most survive this!

MrsBadger Wed 11-Jul-07 17:08:46

when they need it, usually after, er, about 10 days as outerwear? Or more if I've only (eg) worn it to get to work and taken it off once there. If something gets spilt on it I'll sponge it rather than wash the whole thing.

Generally I don't buy wool things as they're such a pain to look after - I do have one delicious black angora jumper but can count on one hand the number of times I've washed it in the seven years I've had it. Usually it gets hung on the washing line to air and comes in smelling fresh enough to put away and wear again.

doughnuts Wed 11-Jul-07 17:10:50

oh I have an angora one which I dread having to wash - I generally hang things up tpo air overnight before putting away -

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now