Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

Wooden worktops with wooden units - too much wood?

(8 Posts)
Tinkjon Mon 09-Jul-07 17:53:02

We have oak kitchen units and are getting laminate worktops (I know, I know, laminate sucks, but it's our only option). Do you think that an oak-effect laminate for worktops would be too much wood? I think that any other type of wood laminate would clash but if it was oak to match the units, I wondered if it could blend in nicely, better than, say, a marble-effect? Any opinions gratefully received, many thanks!

tissy Mon 09-Jul-07 17:54:06

no, we've got some kind of dark wood worktop ontop of our beech units, and it looks fine.

snowleopard Mon 09-Jul-07 17:55:16

We have birch worktop and units so totally matching, but we love it.

newgirl Mon 09-Jul-07 19:52:41

prob ok but you could try a dark gray speckly laminate top - ive seen that and it looks pretty good esp if floor is grey

BBBeeRose Mon 09-Jul-07 19:56:57

think it wouod look weird IMO

we have laminate floor and then white cupboards and then wood wworktop.

poppy34 Mon 09-Jul-07 21:20:31

wood worktops a pita to care for - would definitely go for another finish if i'd had my choice ((were here when we moved in)

WotzaGirl2do Mon 09-Jul-07 21:21:02

yes

Kitsilano Mon 09-Jul-07 21:25:57

def too much wood

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: