Talk

Advanced search

Cleanser for pre teen skin?

(9 Posts)
Celia2 Sat 07-Jul-07 13:44:46

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

fairyjay Sat 07-Jul-07 14:00:46

Celia
My dd is now 14, but has needed to treat her skin for several years. She is currently using Lancome - I buy this for her, as I would rather she used something 'good'.
Our gp has prescribed some cream for spots for both ds and dd. Neither of them suffer terribly, but he - thankfully - feels that it should not be necessary to cope with spots at all!

EnidJane Sat 07-Jul-07 14:02:05

dermologica

Gingermonkey Sat 07-Jul-07 14:59:03

how old is your dd?

Radley Sat 07-Jul-07 15:04:01

To be honest, I would try and stay and steer clear from anything too harsh/with chemicals in etc.

how about trying Simple

Gingermonkey Sat 07-Jul-07 15:11:01

just had a look on your profile page - she's 10 then. I'd try aveeno - no harsh chemicals and they do an acne range aimed at younger folk, with a cleansing bar (like a soap) and a face wash too, as well as toners and moisturisers (if she's washing her face I'd use a moisturiser even if her skin is a little oily, it will help balance it out). HTH

Celia2 Sat 07-Jul-07 18:13:32

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

lilolilmanchester Sat 07-Jul-07 18:26:17

My DS (yes, DS!) uses good old Clearasil, which I used as a teenager many moons ago. Still works! use it myself sometimes when I have a break out. Perhaps use something really gentle, like Simple, most of the time, and use Clearasil/similar just on the really spotty areas?

Gingermonkey Sat 07-Jul-07 19:39:35

you'll probably need to go online for aveeno - but it is very very good (a bit more expensive but gentle on young skin).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now