Talk

Advanced search

What are Mumsnetters buying this week? Find out with our weekly Swears By email

Thanks! You're now subscribed to Mumsnet Swears By

Please enter a valid email address

If you wash your face at night...

(48 Posts)
Sausagefingers9 Thu 24-Jan-19 08:18:20

Do you wash it again with face wash in the morning?

Sarahjconnor Thu 24-Jan-19 08:20:47

I double cleanse at night and cleanse first thing in the morning. (I use retinol and sometimes AHA acids so it is important to remove everything)

MyBreadIsEggy Thu 24-Jan-19 08:21:02

I do the Oil Cleansing Method at night, and then a quick swish around with a clean flannel and some water in the morning

WinterHeatWave Thu 24-Jan-19 08:30:33

Splash of water at night.
Soap and water in the shower in the morning.

kaldefotter Thu 24-Jan-19 08:33:07

Yes. Proper cleanse in the evening, then in the morning I use a creamy face wash in the shower. I don't think water would be adequate at removing the products I applied at night, and I want a clean face for applying daytime products.

anotherwearytraveller Thu 24-Jan-19 08:34:14

Yes foaming face wash morning and night plus again in the day after exercise
Use a v gentle one but it doesn’t feeel clean unless I use proper wash and water.

greenelephantscarf Thu 24-Jan-19 08:35:21

soap (from a bar) & flannel at night.
just warm water & flannel in the morning.

TheHodgeoftheHedge Thu 24-Jan-19 08:45:03

Facial wash in the evening, quick wipe around the face with some cleanser on cotton wool in the morning followed by a swish of toner.

TheDowagerCuntess Thu 24-Jan-19 08:45:04

Double cleanse at night, and then water and face cloth in the shower in the morning.

HeronLanyon Thu 24-Jan-19 08:47:01

Hot water and face cloth night and morning. Followed each time by simple hydrating moisturiser. Never use anything else. Seems to work (people don’t run away in terror) grin

DonnaDarko Thu 24-Jan-19 08:50:20

I don't always remember to cleanse at night, but I cleanse every morning, regardless

I have oily skin so I really should cleanse at night!

MinesaPinot Thu 24-Jan-19 09:09:45

Eye makeup remover, then micellar water then cleansing balm in the evening.

Micellar water only in the morning

artemisdubois Thu 24-Jan-19 09:49:25

I double cleanse and moisturise at night, but I don't do anything to my face in the morning before applying my makeup.

I'd like to be able to cleanse in the morning, and I'd like to be able to add extra products into my routine, but I spent all of my mid-twenties battling acne and I find that doing anything more than the bare minimum to my skin always causes it to flare up again.

NiteFlights Thu 24-Jan-19 09:58:57

No, only with water in the shower (don’t tell Caroline Hirons).

LinoleumBlownapart Thu 24-Jan-19 10:08:30

Shower and wash my face with Dove soap and then moisturize at night. Splash cold water and moisturize in the morning.

MeetOnTheledge Thu 24-Jan-19 10:27:26

No, just water in the shower. Hot cloth cleanser at night then night cream, so there isn't much to remove in the morning.

JinglingHellsBells Thu 24-Jan-19 10:30:17

I never wash my face.
We have hard water here and it makes my skin taut.

I use a cleansing balm and a hot flannel at night sometimes using micellar water first to remove make up.

In the morning I use micellar water- you'd be amazed at how grubby the cotton wool pad is when you've just been asleep all night.

JinglingHellsBells Thu 24-Jan-19 10:31:40

Slightly envious of people who can get away using soap and water for their faces in the shower. Mine would be red raw, dry and lined.

UserThenLotsOfNumbers Thu 24-Jan-19 10:35:28

I wash my face in the morning with simple soap, and moisturise with Clinique moisture surge if wearing no makeup or Olay sensitive beauty fluid if wearing make up.

I wash my face at night in the same way if I've been wearing make up, but sometimes don't if I haven't been wearing make up.

ScarlettDarling Thu 24-Jan-19 10:35:59

Sounds like I do the same as lots of others on here. I remove my makeup thoroughly at night with a hot cloth cleanser. In the morning I just use water on my face, followed by moisturiser.

BlingLoving Thu 24-Jan-19 10:37:35

Proper cleansing at night to remove make up and general daily grime, then micellar water in the morning. I exfoliate once or twice a week, and do that in the shower in the morning.

BlingLoving Thu 24-Jan-19 10:38:16

And just to say, washing and moisturising your face at night as the single most important thing you can do for your skin, IMO.

sherrysfortea Thu 24-Jan-19 10:44:21

Proper wash in the evening and then in the morning I spray toner onto cotton wool and wipe my face

IamTheMeg Thu 24-Jan-19 10:44:49

I double cleanse at night before products. I don't do anything at all in the morning, I have lush line free skin if I do say so myself! grin I read somewhere once this was the best thing to do, I can't remember why!

MeetOnTheledge Thu 24-Jan-19 10:49:53

Slightly envious of people who can get away using soap and water for their faces in the shower. Mine would be red raw, dry and lined.

That's what happens to mine if I use micellar water.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: