Talk

Advanced search

Best cashmere?

(8 Posts)
Musicforsnorks Fri 18-Jan-19 13:20:00

I need to update a few woollies and can’t decide where to purchase my cashmere. I’m in the market for both crew and/or v necks, relaxed fit but not longline, in navy and black.

have one grey cashmere from M&S here that is 4 yrs old and in really good shape but colour no longer suits me. Wondering whether to go back there as the quality was nice, but not sure I want a fitted hemline......

Love the look of the boyfriend jumper at Hush, but seen some images on a pic search where it looks thin and Creasy, so possibly over-priced?

Love Toast, but nothing left there apart from the fitted styles.

Any suggestions? Budget roughly £200 but don’t want to pay that if the M&S are still best option.

Quality and true navy colour most important, and do not want to dry clean. Thanks!

Musicforsnorks Fri 18-Jan-19 13:22:44

Oh, also, I don’t get along with uniqlo at all, had too many issues with hand washing in past with both merino and cashmere - never again.

PinkDrink Fri 18-Jan-19 13:38:05

I've had some lovely things from this company. Just had a quick look at the site now and they don't seem to have that much in at the moment, probably because it's between seasons - end of the sale and before the start of spring/summer, but it's definitely worth having on your list of possible sources.

cashmereandcotton.co.uk

Also, if you have a TK Maxx near you, it's always worth looking in there. I find their website useless, but the shop always seems to have a good range in, mostly priced at 59.00 for really lovely quality cashmere.

Musicforsnorks Fri 18-Jan-19 14:07:08

Thanks pinkdrink - true that most stock is low at the moment. I always choose the wrong time!
Will check out the link.
Our to maxx is dreadful, and a fair distance from me, so no hope there.

ToftheB Fri 18-Jan-19 14:13:34

I’ve got a couple of Brora cashmere jumpers (from eBay because I can’t afford them new) and they’re genuinely very very good.

queenofarles Fri 18-Jan-19 14:23:03

the best mid range cashmere brands I've tried are j.crew and to some extent chinti and parker the majority is a bit twee in design, but they occasionally have some nice plain.
sales are still on, you can find some nice things,

higgyhog Fri 18-Jan-19 14:27:07

Brora sale is still on, theirs is the best apart from vintage Scottish you can find on Ebay.

teta Fri 18-Jan-19 15:15:50

I like Scott & Scott cashmere from Brand Alley. I have several of their jumpers in the v neck loose slouchy style. They wash well and get less bobbly than all my other Cashmere. Much better quality than the cheap Tk Maxx ones. However Brora is meant to be the best for wear. But their styles are a bit too traditional for me. Pure Collection is ok in the sales.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »