Hushistas watching the snow fall

(1000 Posts)
ilovecherries Thu 17-Jan-19 13:30:03

New thread. My nerve was cracking!

SoyYo Thu 17-Jan-19 17:17:20

Industrious with your pairingconfused
I meant painting!

Laska2Meryls Thu 17-Jan-19 17:22:08

...Poo! But my sky is the best colour of all the photos Soy !! still v clear so its ruddy cold though

Laska2Meryls Thu 17-Jan-19 17:23:29

Ella that looks like Seaton Carew? (where 'canoe man' lived? )

Laska2Meryls Thu 17-Jan-19 17:25:15

Or Whitley Bay?

SoyYo Thu 17-Jan-19 17:27:00

never no sorry no idea on the Samantha trousers, the reviews are a bit mixed.
cherries do you size down to S in the Ivy? (Vaguely tempted to try) and I assume it’s not tent like? Just hanging straight off boobs? This is why I’ve never tried this type of Hush dress shape I’m just worried it’ll make me look shapeless due to boobage. But if you’re reordering maybe I should give it a go...

SoyYo Thu 17-Jan-19 17:30:51

Yes the sky was very blue hmm 😂
Meant to ask you laska did you get the zebra joggers? I vaguely remember you ordering a pair. I really like mine and glad I got on the sale, would be tempted by the other print but sadly all ooo now in S. For this time of year perfect loungewear/homeworking trousers 👍

dontcallmelen Thu 17-Jan-19 17:30:54

Laska actually the sky is very pretty in your picture <hoping that makes you feel better>, it’s clear here as well but has got really cold possible -4 tonight, but on the upside have chicken casserole in the oven for dinner.

twosoups1972 Thu 17-Jan-19 17:33:55

Soy thank you, that made me laugh. When do you want them in Miss? grin

Ellapaella Thu 17-Jan-19 17:37:21

@Laska2Meryls very close to Whitley Bay! I'm in Tynemouth and this is our beach, Longsands. It's a 5 min walk from my house.

twosoups1972 Thu 17-Jan-19 17:37:40

cherries the knit tunic looks lovely and has good reviews. I agree about winter, some cold weather ahead I think. Nice the days are getting slightly longer though. I actually do like winter clothes, love the feel of cosy soft wool and faux fur.

Ellapaella Thu 17-Jan-19 17:38:40

If anyone's worked out who I am in real life don't tell anyone 😂

twosoups1972 Thu 17-Jan-19 17:38:59

ella you're so lucky, I'd love to live near the sea. My mum tried to move from London to Bournemouth when I was a child but it never worked out sadly.

neveradullmoment99 Thu 17-Jan-19 17:41:06

@cherries, I have the black ivy on atm! Its very comfy. I got the xs this time and it fits fine. I had the small and it was fine too, just a bit more generous. I think its a great throw on piece.

dontcallmelen Thu 17-Jan-19 17:41:51

Yy beautiful spot Ella I’m always daydreaming about living by the sea I like looking at it, just hate being on it I get sea sick on a pedelo 🤢

hendricksy Thu 17-Jan-19 17:47:05

@Talisin .. they are only doing one at the mo I think . I've had a bales and papin but sold both because they were really too long . I've bought a cropped one now which works better for my height ( or lack of ) .

Ellapaella Thu 17-Jan-19 17:47:25

I've lived here for ten years now.. grew up in the Cotswolds, met DH and moved all over the UK for a while with his work but now settled up here in the NE where he is from.
We have this beautiful coast but also a vibrant, cosmopolitan lively town with an abundance of restaurants, night life and some brilliant schools. Short metro ride into Newcastle and of course within an hours drive of Northumberland and only a bit further to the lakes. I love it here.
I did my training In Bournemouth but lived in Weymouth at the time and loved living by the sea. Think once you've done it it would be hard to move away again.

SoyYo Thu 17-Jan-19 17:51:30

I think Newcastle city is fab ella and yes to living by the sea. We had a holiday once when DC were small in Warkworth a cottage near the castle and the whole Northumberland coast is magnificent (also not far for a day out in Edinburgh by train).
Glad to read you’re feeling brighter today.

Talisin Thu 17-Jan-19 17:52:47

@hendricksy it’s the Papin I lust after. Never tried it on and quite possibly it wouldn’t suit me, but what if it did? I’d never be able to let it go and I can’t afford it! Better to live in ignorance...

ilovecherries Thu 17-Jan-19 17:52:47

Not the ivy dress never, the Ivy coloured knit tunic. This one.

I did recognise where your picture is, Ella, as have been there with dog a few times. In fact, thought I recognised you there once a few weeks ago, but thought it might just be too creepy to approach you! Different wigs every day always gives me a bit of incognito. Although I did also post my photo on fb and someone said ‘oh, you’re at xxx!’

twosoups1972 Thu 17-Jan-19 17:55:38

ella dd has applied to Newcastle university, she loved it at the Open Day. It's just so far from home though!

Laska2Meryls Thu 17-Jan-19 17:56:24

I used to live sort of up that way Ella in Durham DS was born there but I left about 24 years ago now!.. ive also lived in north Wales and just out side Brighton (for many years ) although am originally a Hampshire lass .. now I am (a couple of miles ) offshore!! IOW not far from the Needles. This is our bay ( but its 10 mins walk from my house , I cant see the sea but can hear it , there's a 300ft cliff about half a mile south of me

hendricksy Thu 17-Jan-19 17:57:24

It was lovely @Talisin but just too long for me and .. I got it for £260 in the sale and sold it in eBay for pretty much the same money. Keep you eyes on the sale , jl often have stock when AS don't .

Laska2Meryls Thu 17-Jan-19 17:58:36

That tunic cherries is the same as the Nnana from last year only longer.I think it used to be called the Jada tunic?

I have the green Nana .. havent worn it recently but now is the time to do so ..must go look for it ...

Ellapaella Thu 17-Jan-19 17:58:36

Looks beautiful Laska - lovely sort of the world. We used to live in Saltburn by the Sea when we worked at the hospital in Middlesbrough so had many friends out Durham way at that time.

Cherries you should have come and said hello! Would have been lovely to meet you in real life

Ellapaella Thu 17-Jan-19 17:58:59

Lovely part of the world I meant!

This thread is not accepting new messages.