Talk

Advanced search

Lipstick Challenge January 2019.

(386 Posts)
SapphireSeptember Tue 01-Jan-19 00:13:30

I'm calling it! You know the rules, wear a different lipstick every day this month. (I love this and look forward to it every year.) Has it been a year already? shock I've been buying make-up (again) and have some lippies I need to get through! I'm not wearing anything at the moment, that will change come morning though. smile

princessbear80 Fri 04-Jan-19 08:50:28

ichi that colour looks great. Did you ever find your perfect rosy pink?

Ok so I started this thread with only five lipsticks. I’ve just doubled my total blush

I’ve ordered this set from Debenhams with a gift voucher I had. It’s got the rebellious rose lipstick mentioned early plus four others to try. All full size and a bargain at only £36. Can’t wait for it to arrive!

Lottapianos Fri 04-Jan-19 09:31:28

Serious bargain, princess! Well done grin

INeedAWittyNameChange Fri 04-Jan-19 10:26:04

Bit late to the party but can I join in? Although I'm working from home today so have no make up on!
My latest bargain was a Mac Creme sheen lipstick in the shade Crème in your coffee. I saw it on ASOS and as I had points to spend it only actually cost me £1.75. I've never tried that type from Mac before but really like it so far.

Lucked Fri 04-Jan-19 10:41:31

princess I also have envious from that collection and it is a very wearable red and I don’t suit many, it is slightly muted rather than in your face. I have found the lipstick casings in gift sets not as high quality as when you buy individually but I don’t mind as long as it closes properly and the product is the same.

Today is Rosie for Autograph I Love you so Much. A discontinued mid cool pink which is semi opaque. I wear it lots to work if wearing navy to add colour. I really like the quality of the Rosie lipsticks but they have discontinued the bright colourful ones, it’s all nudes, deep colours and reds. They also didn’t add anything new last year and it is starting to feel a bit forgotten about.

BollocksIsNoACompleteSentence Fri 04-Jan-19 10:55:44

Eeek I'm late to the party as well! blush Have been on previous lipstick threads. Thank you for starting it!

Have been struggling recently as have a really dry mouth/lips (I have Sjögren's syndrome) so have only been using lip balms. I look even more corpse like without any colour though so have been looking for good tinted ones, so far the best have been the trusty Burts Bees. None tinted best one has been PawPaw.

Any recommendations gratefully received and sorry if it's slightly off topic. I love the photos here btw. You all have lovely lips <okay that sounds a bit creepy> grin

BollocksIsNoACompleteSentence Fri 04-Jan-19 10:56:19

Should have said I have been on previous threads under various NCs.

princessbear80 Fri 04-Jan-19 11:01:35

Today’s look is an ancient Dior high shine in backstage rose applied over nyx matt liner in São Paulo to try and give it a bit of staying power.

Greyhound22 Fri 04-Jan-19 12:05:23

It's hard isn't it sapphire you always get in your head what you want. I saw a woman wearing the shade I was after in a shop in our village in the summer. I wish I had just asked her what it was.

Today I am wearing Dior Addict Ultra Gloss 363 Nude. DSIL bought it me for Christmas.

StatisticallyChallenged Fri 04-Jan-19 13:09:53

Today's is a newbie I'm testing out - Becca Liquid Crystal Glow Gloss in Opal x Jade

It's very light and subtle on its own, but I think it will make an amazing topcoat for a whole bunch of brighter/darker and more matte lipsticks.

OyWithThePoodles Fri 04-Jan-19 13:19:47

Just remembered this thread from last year – great to see it back! Got quite a few new ones at Christmas and this will encourage me to try them, and not hoard. Today I’m wearing Studio 10 Lip Perfecting Balm Gloss in Bellini – from the M and S Advent Calendar. Thought it would be meh, but I really like it and am encouraged to check out the brand now.

loveisenough Fri 04-Jan-19 13:57:31

This is just what I need - some incentive to use up the many lipsticks I have collected! My photo is not great but today I am wearing Bourjois Rouge Velvet 02

ichifanny Fri 04-Jan-19 14:47:49

@princessbear80 Rose matter by jeffree star is a close for my perfect rose colour also the one I’m wearing today which is the maybelline Matt ink in Inspirer one of the new colours it’s pretty perfect for my skin tone , nude pinks either pull too brown or super purple dead looking on me for some reason but this one is great .

SapphireSeptember Fri 04-Jan-19 17:32:28

Greyhound I had this problem at the end of 2011/start of 2012. I wanted a proper bright orange lipstick, not coral, orange. Could I find one? Nope, but there was loads of bright orange-corals. Then came the spring/summer releases and orange was everywhere! I ended up with loads and it became one of my favourite lipsticks shades. (Started off with GOSH Flirty Orange... I don't think they make it anymore. sad )

Not wearing anything at the moment, not working today and I was going to go out but couldn't be bothered. (My night owl self didn't get their arse in bed until 6:00 am!) Might try one of the lippies I got from the advent calendars I had as I haven't tried them all yet... Will update later. smile

ichifanny Fri 04-Jan-19 17:44:55

Gosh flirty orange was amazing I had one and loved it but lost it and it’s discontinued

RiskIt4Biscuit Fri 04-Jan-19 17:49:29

Marc Jacobs Slow Burn today - the classic lipstick, not the liquid lipstick. It's a little mini, and it's so cute smile
I have a feeling that it's not exactly the same colour as the liquid lipstick version - this one seems lighter, but I'll have to check properly.

Lottapianos Fri 04-Jan-19 18:07:08

Does anyone know of an orange lipstick that brightens your teeth and doesn't make them look yellow? MAC Lady Danger isn't bad but any others?

SnailorSwift Fri 04-Jan-19 18:16:51

@Lottapianos MAC So Chaud is a great orange, I prefer it to Lady Danger.

Love this thread. Can't wait to join in tomorrow!

ichifanny Fri 04-Jan-19 18:23:57

lottapianos the maybelline Matt Ink In heroine is a great bright orange red and makes my teeth look white , it stays on all day too .

ichifanny Fri 04-Jan-19 18:24:34

Leans more red but it’s lovely will try get a picture tomorrow .

Lottapianos Fri 04-Jan-19 18:28:10

That looks lovely Snailor

Ichi, amazing colour but is it very drying?

ichifanny Fri 04-Jan-19 18:37:04

It’s a strange texture slightly tacky but doesn’t budge or transfer if you put it on nice prepped lips and don’t get tempted to add more on over it later it’s perfect all day . I’ve full on snogged husband and ate burgers and it’s still been on .

StatisticallyChallenged Fri 04-Jan-19 19:07:26

Now I just want to go try some Maybelline matt inks. I do not need more!

Lottapianos Fri 04-Jan-19 19:34:51

'I’ve full on snogged husband and ate burgers and it’s still been on .'

Wow grin

Sigh81 Fri 04-Jan-19 19:38:24

I am in! Don't have enough lipsticks to last a month so will need to repeat but what a lovely idea smile

BollocksIsNoACompleteSentence Fri 04-Jan-19 19:46:26

"I’ve full on snogged husband and ate burgers and it’s still been on"

That sounds like a great day, I want one like that! grin

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »