Talk

Advanced search

Lipstick Challenge January 2019.

(386 Posts)
SapphireSeptember Tue 01-Jan-19 00:13:30

I'm calling it! You know the rules, wear a different lipstick every day this month. (I love this and look forward to it every year.) Has it been a year already? shock I've been buying make-up (again) and have some lippies I need to get through! I'm not wearing anything at the moment, that will change come morning though. smile

AnotherPinkiePieStory Tue 01-Jan-19 08:37:26

Hi again!
I was just thinking of you yesterday. So glad you posted. Yes again for the challenge. I’ve found the most amazing liquid lipsticks that stay alllllll day so very pleased to share my lip looks all month (will start when get up!)

SapphireSeptember Tue 01-Jan-19 17:54:51

Hello PinkiePie!
Aww, shucks. blush Thank you. smile Ohh, what are they?

The lipstick (well, lip cream as it's described by NYX) I've been wearing today was one of the Cosmic Metals in Solar Energy. Isabella from Musings of a Muse has pictures here...
I'll take a picture of myself wearing it in a bit, currently on my laptop. smile

Isleepinahedgefund Tue 01-Jan-19 18:03:37

I tried to keep up with this last year but petered our half way through the month 😬 will give it another go this year. I really want to use up a whole lipstick this year!

Didn't wear makeup today so no lipstick. Tomorrow I start! I got a fab smashbox lipstick set for Xmas I need to explore in more depth.

SapphireSeptember Tue 01-Jan-19 18:13:35

Oh, I can take pictures on my laptop! (the quality is still dire, though.)

SapphireSeptember Tue 01-Jan-19 18:18:20

hedgefund Welcome! Glad to have you back. 😁 Ooh, that Smashbox set sounds fab! I think it might be the one I nearly bought in the Black Friday sales but talked myself out of.

Isleepinahedgefund Tue 01-Jan-19 19:15:51

Check out the packaging! So nice.

SapphireSeptember Tue 01-Jan-19 19:23:58

That's really cool! smile

RiskIt4Biscuit Tue 01-Jan-19 19:28:57

I'd love to join - it was great last year, both as inspiration for new colours, but also as a way to use what I already have and learning what I like and don't really like to wear.

I'm due in a week, but I'll give it a go anyway, or at least until baby arrives - I don't know if I'll be wearing much makeup after baby arrives.

Today, I'm wearing Charlotte Tilbury Confession.
I bought it during the Black Friday sale and I really like it. It's more shiny (and has shimmer in) and warm/brown-toned than what I'd usually wear, but it is very comfortable and I think it looks great. It's a colour that I'm finding very easy to wear.

Lottapianos Tue 01-Jan-19 21:17:09

Here I am grin that's a lovely colour Sapphire

StatisticallyChallenged Tue 01-Jan-19 21:21:12

bumping over from other thread too

I'm on maternity leave and barely manage to get out of PJs most days, but I have a HUUUGE lipstick collection which I hardly wear, so I'm in.

Today was Becca glow gloss in Foxglove which is lovely, a bit darker than a nude but a very wearable every day shade on me (winter colouring, make casper look tanned!)

SapphireSeptember Tue 01-Jan-19 22:01:04

Biscuit That lipsticks looks pretty! And good luck with your new arrival!

Lotta Yay! You're here! grin Thank you. Isabella said she finds them sticky but I don't find them sticky, they feel thick but more in a gel way (unless my hair gets stuck in it and drags it all over my face, not a good look, especially with bright blue!) I love NYX, they have a fantastic range of funky colours.

Statistically How many lippies do you own? I'm well over a thousand now. blush I had roughly 950 this time last year and have bought more since. I'm going to need a cull sometime soon! I don't know if I should be proud or ashamed of my collection, I'm never quite sure!

MrsElbadrama Tue 01-Jan-19 22:05:35

I'm in! Not wearing anything today but will start tomorrow. I don't think I have a different one for every day of the month though - I've been good clearing all my old makeup out!

StatisticallyChallenged Tue 01-Jan-19 22:21:13

Wow, that makes my collection look small. I don't know how many I have tbh, comfortably in to 3 figures and I'm waiting on a few sale bargain sets to arrive which won't help matters - given it includes a set of 20ish clinique chubby stick minis. I try to keep it under control by having a thing for nice storage so I have a revolving storage doo-da on my dressing table which is completely full, plus a few palettes and the new ones. And the ones scattered in bags, make up bags, work suitcases...

I have a fair stash of eyeshadows too.

This is what I bought on a trip to Florida a couple of years ago...

Lottapianos Tue 01-Jan-19 22:29:42

Sapphire, I love NYX matte lipsticks. Amazing colours and totally non drying

BusterGonad Wed 02-Jan-19 04:37:58

I'm in but currently on holiday and haven't brought any make up with me as I've learnt that I never actually wear it (on holiday!) I'm back on Saturday so will make a start at the weekend!

Lottapianos Wed 02-Jan-19 08:55:03

Buster! Was hoping you would join us smile enjoy the rest of your holiday

MAC Lady Danger for me today. Classic, lovely colour, but like all MAC mattes, so flipping drying. I have to do regular sneaky lip balm applications when I wear it

princessbear80 Wed 02-Jan-19 09:12:59

I only own about 5 lipsticks so I can’t wear a new one every day, but I will wear lippie every day and follow along for inspiration!

AnotherPinkiePieStory Wed 02-Jan-19 12:45:50

So pleased we’re back! I’m studying for miserable exams so this group is going to be my escape! I have really gone bonkers with lipstick purchases since our last thread. Not in thousands but def hundreds and mainly thanks to great recommendations on here (hello Revlon Red!). My new year resolutions are to sort out my stash to get rid of ones that just don’t work! I have a job with long hours and my personal goal is longevity and vibrant colour.

The current win is Maybelline Superstay Matte Ink. Oh so amazing. Lasted 13 hours with eating, drinking and wearing a mask. Am planning on replacing all my longwear lipstick with these and will test out my current stash and pass on those that don’t make the grade!

Apologies that I never posted yesterday. My lipstick was (eventually) a Bite lipstick in liquorice (that came from US Sephora before they stopped posting to UK, which I am gutted about. Amazing colour but intense and darker than I’m used to. Would try more in range though. DH was freaked though!

Today I’m wearing Marc Jacobs Slow Burn liquid lipstick. Great colour but doesn’t last and not worth the cash. Swanky packaging and looks lovely but really don’t rate it.

Lottapianos Wed 02-Jan-19 12:57:05

Pinkie, that Marc Jacobs colour is gorgeous but what a shame it doesn't perform well, especially for such an eye watering price!

princessbear80 Wed 02-Jan-19 12:59:16

I like the maybelline matt ink too. I’m wearing it in shade Lover today. Too hastily applied for a photo as mainly hanging out with my toddler at home.

That Marc Jacobs one is lovely!

RiskIt4Biscuit Wed 02-Jan-19 16:22:51

Thank you SapphireSeptember

Today I'm wearing Charlotte Tilbury Pillow Talk. It's a nice enough lipstick, but I don't really get why it is so hyped - I don't think the colour is unique, it doesn't feel nicer than any other lipsticks and it doesn't last any longer either.
I've almost used this one up though, but it is a fairly non-offensive pinky nude that is easy to wear - I do like that type of nude lipstick.

SapphireSeptember Wed 02-Jan-19 18:44:04

Statistically Ooh, that's an excellent haul! ❤

Lotta Agreed!

Buster Yay, you're here! grin Where are you holidaying?

princess Welcome, and we hope we inspire you!

PinkiePie I'm claiming credit for Revlon Red, as I think it was one of mine. grin Looked up the Bite lippie and think it looks lovely, the Marc Jacobs one also looks lovely, but they're far too expensive for me. shock I think my bank account would go on strike!

Biscuit You're welcome! I personally don't get the Charlotte Tilberry hype. I was in a John Lewis with a big make up department, (the Smashbox area is a shop in it's own right!) looking at MAC and Urban Decay (lots of loud colours) and the CT display looked so bland in comparison. Each to their own, I know some people love nude shades of lipstick, I'm just not one of them! They just don't work for me, I'm far too pale.
In that vein of thought, today I wore Revlon matte balm in Striking and Rimmel stay matte liquid lipstick in Shadow. I forgot to take a picture of Striking but it's lovely. Shadow looks lovely, but it's sticky for ages and then sort of flakes off in chunks. It's also not as grey as it looks in the tube, it sort of went blue-grey once I put it on. True greys are quite hard to find.
myexquisiteworld.wordpress.com/2014/07/07/revlon-colorburst-matte-balm-striking-review-swatches/
www.allintheblush.com/review-rimmel-london-stay-matte-liquid-lip-colour/

StatisticallyChallenged Wed 02-Jan-19 18:52:34

Another pale girl who has to be careful with nude shades here - I need something with a bit more life to it

Wearing Anastasia Beverly Hills matte stargazer today - it's not bad (DH complimented it) but it was part of a mini set and is a total ballache to apply as a result. It's the bottom right in this set, but on me they all look pinker/less berry toned.

Greyhound22 Wed 02-Jan-19 19:00:16

Oh can I join in? Feel a bit crap at the mo this might cheer me up. Not sure I have that many lipsticks as I had a clear out not too long ago but can't be far off....

RiskIt4Biscuit Wed 02-Jan-19 19:20:33

Charlotte Tilbury is very conservative and somewhat natural. Even the red/brighter colours are very classic and not very exciting, unlike some of the colours from Mac, Urban Decay, Smashbox, Bite Beauty and Colourpop.
I must admit that the conservative/classic style is my kind of thing (now I'm a bit older), but I also get why it is seen as a bit boring.

The issue with CT lipsticks IMO is however that the quality is all over the place - some of the lipsticks perform pretty well (read: like any other lipstick), while others are downright terrible; patchy, wear unevenly, skip areas on the lips and bleed into lines.

That Anastasia BH lipstick is gorgeous (frankly, they all are in that picture)!
I really like the MJ Slow Burn lipstick too - I have it, but I don't remember it as being particularly bad, but it has been a while since I wore it last. It doesn't set on the lips like some other liquid lipsticks do, but I like that because it doesn't feel dry on the lips.

Lottapianos Wed 02-Jan-19 19:21:45

Welcome Greyhound22! Don't worry about how many you have, just pick one at random for as much of January as you can manage

Re Charlotte Tilbury, I think she has some great colours in her range which are really unusual- Bond Girl and Hot Emily come to mind. The formula of the mattes is fairly good, not too drying, but not wow either. The non mattes last about 10 minutes on me before fading- very disappointing

Lottapianos Wed 02-Jan-19 19:23:48

Cross post about CT, Risk! That's exactly it - some are fine, some are downright awful. All are way overpriced for the quality if you ask me. I have had way better quality for less than a tenner from the high street

StatisticallyChallenged Wed 02-Jan-19 19:46:44

Found a better picture - the first one is more what they were meant to be like, the second is a bit more accurate. They're all just a shade louder! The little mini sets are great for trying things though as, let's face it - how often do you finish a lipstick (like, never in my case!)

I've not actually tried Charlotte Tilbury, I really need to at some point.

I counted up and (some being minis) I'm waiting on 27 lipsticks/glosses arriving blush plus DH got me an hourglass set for xmas, and I have a new YSL sitting waiting to be used too.

I may have a problem...grin

BusterGonad Thu 03-Jan-19 02:44:44

Sapphire I'm in Bali at the moment (on the islands) I've got 2 boat trips to do today then flying home tomorrow. I have bought 2 Maybeline lipsticks actually but I don't wear make up on holiday so I'll get in board on my return.

SapphireSeptember Thu 03-Jan-19 09:37:23

Statically You and me both! grin Those ABH lipsticks look lovely!

Biscuit I'm definitely not CT's target audience then! I'm a bit out there in my appearance. smile And I still baulk at paying over £20 for anything make up related unless it's a decent set (that's individually, I spend quite a lot on make up in general. £20 is nothing, but I did get ten lipsticks for that recently so it can go a long way!)

Hello Greyhound!

Oh Buster, that sounds fabulous! Hope you've had a lovely holiday.

AnotherPinkiePieStory Thu 03-Jan-19 11:10:27

Love the look of those ABH lipsticks. I can never resist a mini either! Currently watching some Huda minis on eBay. Anyone tried them?
Agree about CT. really disliked the nudes I tried and I have a gorgeous blue-red (So Marilyn I think) but bleeds terribly and not worth it. Keep meaning to give it away but then look at the fab packaging and it stays. blush

Great lipstick by the way sapphire. You’re my inspiration to try more vivid shades.
Agree biscuit maybe I’m expecting marc jacobs to dry and it’s not meant to!

Today is Rimmel provocalips in Kiss me you fool. Great colour and lasts. Not sure 16 hours though!

StatisticallyChallenged Thu 03-Jan-19 13:44:34

I have some of the Huda liquid lipstick minis - the sets of 4. They're very good, very long lasting.

Greyhound22 Thu 03-Jan-19 14:12:59

Got NYX Indie Flick on today.

Not really used any of theirs but it seems nice. Perfect orangy red that I was looking for.

Any recommendations for a more pinky orange?

princessbear80 Thu 03-Jan-19 14:53:16

Thanks for the welcome sapphire.

Another I really like that Rimmel one. Might add that to my list.

Here is my offering for today - my everyday lippie. It’s a discontinued one from L’oreal - color riche beamy plum.

It’s quite hard getting a selfie of just your lips isn’t it?!

TheCag Thu 03-Jan-19 15:01:01

I love this thread, although it cost me quite a lot of money last year ;). Hopefully I’ve got enough lipsticks for the month this time!

My due date for dc3 is tomorrow so I’ll be using this thread to try and look glam post partum.

I’m in minimal, nude mode currently, mac mehr yesterday and Mac viva glam 2 today. I’ll go for something more bold tomorrow and take a pic.

MotherTruckerHere Thu 03-Jan-19 15:04:59

I LOVE this thread! I love lippy and wear it whenever I can. Used to be scared of colour but my absolute favourite is my matte red Armani lippy and matching liner. Stays on all day and doesn’t make your lips dry out. Pricey but worth it 💋

StatisticallyChallenged Thu 03-Jan-19 18:22:54

Today's lippy - ysl volupte liquid colour balm in shade 2 (expose me rose)

Subtle and soft but feels lovely on.

RiskIt4Biscuit Thu 03-Jan-19 19:13:34

Nice lipsticks you're all wearing today!

I'm wearing the Alexis Ren x Colourpop Ultra Matte Lip liquid lipstick in Little Weapon.
It's a very bright orange-red (any picture I've seen makes it look like a fairly normal red - to me, it's far brighter), which I really like, but it is so hard to apply.

I'm useless with a doe foot applicator, so usually have to use a brush to make it look decent, but with the type of liquid lipstick that dries down and sets on the lips, I find it so hard to get to look good.
Which tricks am I missing?

dahliaaa Thu 03-Jan-19 20:01:21

princessbear that lipstick is lovely. Real shame that it is discontinued. Have you found a similar one you will replace it with ?

Lottapianos Thu 03-Jan-19 20:08:16

Hi all, today I had Lancome satin lipstick in Rose. Lovely blue toned pink, and lasts well, but the formula is a bit drying and bleeds on my upper lip despite prepping with lipliner first. NOT what you expect for £25. Disappointing and I don't think I would bother with Lancome lipsticks again

Lucked Thu 03-Jan-19 20:13:26

I took a couple of days off mumsnet and missed this thread starting, don’t think I kept going for the full month last year but will try this time as I have enough lipsticks! I think I wear the brightest lipsticks in my friendship group but it is still pretty conservative. I am pale and a bit of colour brightens my face and makes me look healthier.

My favourite posted so far is the Rimmel kiss me you fool although google images hints that it might be brighter than it looks in pinkies picture.

Summary of January so far
1st Clinique colour pop matte in blushing pop. Thought I would try a nude as I was sorting my lipsticks. A bit greige on me with not enough pink. Okay wear. I can’t wear mattes everyday as I get dry lips.

2nd Estée Lauder pure colour envy in Rebellious Rose. Part of Christmas gift set and awesome colour on me. Lasts a good length of time without been drying. I may have to buy more of these (got three in the set). Weirdly I have been wearing double wear for so long but have never tried any other Estée Lauder make up

3rd l’oreal Infallible lipstick in born to blush. First purchase of the new year and a massive mistake. Reminds me why I have to avoid long wear lipsticks, had to reapply at lunch anyway and now my lips feel ruined. They feel so sensitive and starting to peel.

Tomorrow may be a tinted balm if my lips are no better.

Lottapianos Thu 03-Jan-19 20:22:53

Lucked, do you think that EL Pure Colour envy are worth the money?

princessbear80 Thu 03-Jan-19 20:46:04

Hi dahliaaa unfortunately no I haven’t found a replacement. I did track down 3 on eBay from Canada, but despite looking identical in the tube, it seems a little warmer in tone so not as nice on me.

I like the look of the EL rebellious rose one mentioned above. Some swatches on Pinterest look similar. Any chance of a photo please lucked?

Lucked Thu 03-Jan-19 21:01:35

I’ve got Vaseline on my lips at the moment but will try and do one at the weekend.

I think they are good lots of pigment and lasted about 5 hours and it didn’t bleed at all. The other two shades are also great on me so I was delighted at Christmas. Disclaimer I expect to reapply lipstick as I have sensitive lips and need moisture I wear a lot of Chanel coco rouge as they are so comfortable but I admit they wear off quickly.

Lottapianos Thu 03-Jan-19 21:05:50

Thanks Lucked. I have dry lips that need moisture too so might try Pure Colour envy. They're a bit of a shocking price which has put me off so far

SapphireSeptember Thu 03-Jan-19 21:37:51

Greyhound I am stumped, I'm looking at my vast stash knowing that the pinky orange lipsticks I do own are no help (Revlon Strawberry Suede, Maybelline Coral Beams, both discontinued, and some that I've got from the two Makeup Revolution advent calendars I've had.) I think Max Factor do one, but also suggest looking at Maybelline, Revlon, NYX and L'Oréal and Make Up Academy, none of which are terribly expensive (Kiko as well, if you can get to one of their shops). I also think Poundland have one in their make up range! Also, find an image of the colour you want and take it lipstick shopping with you.

Thank you Pinkie! I live by the motto "Life is too short to wear boring make up". grin

You're welcome, princess.

Welcome to Cag, Mother and Lucked! So glad you could join us. smile

My lipstick today was Urban Decay Frostbite, part of their vintage collection (they re-released some things they did in the 90s.) It's a sheer, shimmery denim blue colour. I like it, but I don't love it. Felt nice to wear though, even though it didn't last very long!
www.temptalia.com/product/urban-decay-vice-lipstick/frostbite/

MotherTruckerHere Fri 04-Jan-19 00:20:06

I wore a red Chanel one to work tonight. Dentist in the morning so will be a lopsided Carmex day for me tomorrow!

ichifanny Fri 04-Jan-19 00:36:10

Excited to do this obsessed with lipstick , bought so many trying to find the perfect mid toned bright rosy pink colour . Today it was colourpop satin lips Kathleen lights lipstick in Rever today an orangey red liquid lipstick .

Lottapianos Fri 04-Jan-19 08:10:56

Ichi, that looks like an amazing colour on you!

Today for me it's Bare Minerals matte liquid lipstick in Bo$$ - lovely nude colour and very comfortable to wear

princessbear80 Fri 04-Jan-19 08:50:28

ichi that colour looks great. Did you ever find your perfect rosy pink?

Ok so I started this thread with only five lipsticks. I’ve just doubled my total blush

I’ve ordered this set from Debenhams with a gift voucher I had. It’s got the rebellious rose lipstick mentioned early plus four others to try. All full size and a bargain at only £36. Can’t wait for it to arrive!

Lottapianos Fri 04-Jan-19 09:31:28

Serious bargain, princess! Well done grin

INeedAWittyNameChange Fri 04-Jan-19 10:26:04

Bit late to the party but can I join in? Although I'm working from home today so have no make up on!
My latest bargain was a Mac Creme sheen lipstick in the shade Crème in your coffee. I saw it on ASOS and as I had points to spend it only actually cost me £1.75. I've never tried that type from Mac before but really like it so far.

Lucked Fri 04-Jan-19 10:41:31

princess I also have envious from that collection and it is a very wearable red and I don’t suit many, it is slightly muted rather than in your face. I have found the lipstick casings in gift sets not as high quality as when you buy individually but I don’t mind as long as it closes properly and the product is the same.

Today is Rosie for Autograph I Love you so Much. A discontinued mid cool pink which is semi opaque. I wear it lots to work if wearing navy to add colour. I really like the quality of the Rosie lipsticks but they have discontinued the bright colourful ones, it’s all nudes, deep colours and reds. They also didn’t add anything new last year and it is starting to feel a bit forgotten about.

BollocksIsNoACompleteSentence Fri 04-Jan-19 10:55:44

Eeek I'm late to the party as well! blush Have been on previous lipstick threads. Thank you for starting it!

Have been struggling recently as have a really dry mouth/lips (I have Sjögren's syndrome) so have only been using lip balms. I look even more corpse like without any colour though so have been looking for good tinted ones, so far the best have been the trusty Burts Bees. None tinted best one has been PawPaw.

Any recommendations gratefully received and sorry if it's slightly off topic. I love the photos here btw. You all have lovely lips <okay that sounds a bit creepy> grin

BollocksIsNoACompleteSentence Fri 04-Jan-19 10:56:19

Should have said I have been on previous threads under various NCs.

princessbear80 Fri 04-Jan-19 11:01:35

Today’s look is an ancient Dior high shine in backstage rose applied over nyx matt liner in São Paulo to try and give it a bit of staying power.

Greyhound22 Fri 04-Jan-19 12:05:23

It's hard isn't it sapphire you always get in your head what you want. I saw a woman wearing the shade I was after in a shop in our village in the summer. I wish I had just asked her what it was.

Today I am wearing Dior Addict Ultra Gloss 363 Nude. DSIL bought it me for Christmas.

StatisticallyChallenged Fri 04-Jan-19 13:09:53

Today's is a newbie I'm testing out - Becca Liquid Crystal Glow Gloss in Opal x Jade

It's very light and subtle on its own, but I think it will make an amazing topcoat for a whole bunch of brighter/darker and more matte lipsticks.

OyWithThePoodles Fri 04-Jan-19 13:19:47

Just remembered this thread from last year – great to see it back! Got quite a few new ones at Christmas and this will encourage me to try them, and not hoard. Today I’m wearing Studio 10 Lip Perfecting Balm Gloss in Bellini – from the M and S Advent Calendar. Thought it would be meh, but I really like it and am encouraged to check out the brand now.

loveisenough Fri 04-Jan-19 13:57:31

This is just what I need - some incentive to use up the many lipsticks I have collected! My photo is not great but today I am wearing Bourjois Rouge Velvet 02

ichifanny Fri 04-Jan-19 14:47:49

@princessbear80 Rose matter by jeffree star is a close for my perfect rose colour also the one I’m wearing today which is the maybelline Matt ink in Inspirer one of the new colours it’s pretty perfect for my skin tone , nude pinks either pull too brown or super purple dead looking on me for some reason but this one is great .

SapphireSeptember Fri 04-Jan-19 17:32:28

Greyhound I had this problem at the end of 2011/start of 2012. I wanted a proper bright orange lipstick, not coral, orange. Could I find one? Nope, but there was loads of bright orange-corals. Then came the spring/summer releases and orange was everywhere! I ended up with loads and it became one of my favourite lipsticks shades. (Started off with GOSH Flirty Orange... I don't think they make it anymore. sad )

Not wearing anything at the moment, not working today and I was going to go out but couldn't be bothered. (My night owl self didn't get their arse in bed until 6:00 am!) Might try one of the lippies I got from the advent calendars I had as I haven't tried them all yet... Will update later. smile

ichifanny Fri 04-Jan-19 17:44:55

Gosh flirty orange was amazing I had one and loved it but lost it and it’s discontinued

RiskIt4Biscuit Fri 04-Jan-19 17:49:29

Marc Jacobs Slow Burn today - the classic lipstick, not the liquid lipstick. It's a little mini, and it's so cute smile
I have a feeling that it's not exactly the same colour as the liquid lipstick version - this one seems lighter, but I'll have to check properly.

Lottapianos Fri 04-Jan-19 18:07:08

Does anyone know of an orange lipstick that brightens your teeth and doesn't make them look yellow? MAC Lady Danger isn't bad but any others?

SnailorSwift Fri 04-Jan-19 18:16:51

@Lottapianos MAC So Chaud is a great orange, I prefer it to Lady Danger.

Love this thread. Can't wait to join in tomorrow!

ichifanny Fri 04-Jan-19 18:23:57

lottapianos the maybelline Matt Ink In heroine is a great bright orange red and makes my teeth look white , it stays on all day too .

ichifanny Fri 04-Jan-19 18:24:34

Leans more red but it’s lovely will try get a picture tomorrow .

Lottapianos Fri 04-Jan-19 18:28:10

That looks lovely Snailor

Ichi, amazing colour but is it very drying?

ichifanny Fri 04-Jan-19 18:37:04

It’s a strange texture slightly tacky but doesn’t budge or transfer if you put it on nice prepped lips and don’t get tempted to add more on over it later it’s perfect all day . I’ve full on snogged husband and ate burgers and it’s still been on .

StatisticallyChallenged Fri 04-Jan-19 19:07:26

Now I just want to go try some Maybelline matt inks. I do not need more!

Lottapianos Fri 04-Jan-19 19:34:51

'I’ve full on snogged husband and ate burgers and it’s still been on .'

Wow grin

Sigh81 Fri 04-Jan-19 19:38:24

I am in! Don't have enough lipsticks to last a month so will need to repeat but what a lovely idea smile

BollocksIsNoACompleteSentence Fri 04-Jan-19 19:46:26

"I’ve full on snogged husband and ate burgers and it’s still been on"

That sounds like a great day, I want one like that! grin

AnotherPinkiePieStory Fri 04-Jan-19 22:21:38

Yep Maybelline survived snogging here too! Win!
Such great colour chat too and my to-try list is growing. So cool to see so many folk sharing lip pics (is that a thing?!?)
I got the EL gift set too and love the lipsticks. Case has mirror too which makes it an extra win!
bollocks I love Charlotte tilbury lip balm. Wouldn’t bother with her lipsticks but balm turned around my dry lips within 24 hours.

Today was Sephora own range lipstick in ?( rubbed off but beach design on tube). Love this range but seem to lose them regularly which is annoying as always holiday purchases. Satin finish almost glossy.
Excuse spotty cheeks, took foundation off but wanted to show you guys the lips!

Lottapianos Sat 05-Jan-19 11:58:31

No7 Soft Paprika today, one that was colour matched for me. I love No7 lipsticks- good pigment, lasts well, nice range of colours and only a tenner

Greyhound22 Sat 05-Jan-19 12:24:48

Just off to a soft play party 😬

So haven't gone over the top colour wise so have picked Mac's Please Me. I haven't really been going for pinks - more reds and neutrals but I do quite like this.

Lucked Sat 05-Jan-19 12:45:59

Realised I am going to have to wear a lot of reds at weekends as I don’t normally wear them to work so need to make sure I am not wearing any work friendly lipsticks on the weekend.

Guerlain KissKiss in Rouge Kiss today. Lots of primer on so it’slooking Quite muted. Will add a photo but quality is rubbish, I haven’t worked it out yet.

AnotherPinkiePieStory Sat 05-Jan-19 12:55:05

Lovely colours guys. I am going to try to wear more pinks as those above look great.
Instead I’m wearing Clinique pop (in Poppy Pop!). Recommended on here last year as a good orange-red and it is! Thanks whoever it was!

Lottapianos Sat 05-Jan-19 12:57:49

I used to wear that Pinkie, not sure if o recommended it. It's a great colour

loveisenough Sat 05-Jan-19 14:43:10

Clinique Colour Pop in Sweet Pop 09 for me today.
It's a really cheerful pink, nice texture and does stay put. Loving the inspiration for new colours on here.

INeedAWittyNameChange Sat 05-Jan-19 15:23:05

A first photo from me ( need to master the art of lip selfies!).
This is Mac's Lustre Lipstick in the shade 501 Capricious

princessbear80 Sat 05-Jan-19 18:23:58

I went out shopping in London today and didn’t wear any, as I wanted to be able try some on. I bought MAC Captive, the first one I tried. It’s a pinky purple, very buildable, so looks a different colour with two coats. Pic attached (Pinterest). I don’t have enough to wear a different one every day, so will be wearing it at some point in Jan and will do a selfie.

Have to say I love this thread but it’s costing me a fair bit of money wink

princessbear80 Sat 05-Jan-19 18:24:26

Would help if I attached it!

ichifanny Sat 05-Jan-19 18:42:54

Urban decay vice liquid lipstick in Brat today quite drying but one of my favourite pinks

ichifanny Sat 05-Jan-19 18:43:41

I like the look of captive @princessbear80

Lucked Sat 05-Jan-19 19:19:41

princess I got captive for Christmas last year, so versatile..until I put it through a wash. Ruined some clothing too.

Lottapianos Sat 05-Jan-19 19:44:46

Ooh, lovely colour princess!

princessbear80 Sat 05-Jan-19 20:26:21

Oh no lucked!

RiskIt4Biscuit Sat 05-Jan-19 21:19:54

Mac Captive is a lovely colour - I will put that on my wishlist!

Today, I’m wearing Mac Fanfare - a warm pink. It’s a cremesheen, so it is a semi-glossy finish and very comfortable to wear, but it obviously doesn’t last as well as a matte lipstick. I really like it.

SapphireSeptember Sat 05-Jan-19 22:55:48

I wore Revlon Boss Lady today, a nice bright pink. smile thelipstickduchess.com/2018/08/01/revlon-boss-lady-and-blushed-lipsticks/
And because I forgot to take a picture (again) here's someone else's. Seems like everyone is wearing pink today!

Lottapianos Sun 06-Jan-19 08:34:15

Love that colour Sapphire!

ichifanny Sun 06-Jan-19 09:49:46

Like the boss lady nice and bright

Lucked Sun 06-Jan-19 10:38:28

I’m in pink today too

L’oreal Matte Strike A Rose. Paler than it looks in the rubbish photo.

MaryBoBary Sun 06-Jan-19 11:31:38

Bollocks - I’ve recently bought the Nivea shine lip balm in watermelon. It’s lovely, really smooth and almost slippy feeling on lips, without being sticky, and leaves a lovely shimmery pink colour without glitter. I will definitely be stocking up - best tinted lip balm I’ve found.

princessbear80 Sun 06-Jan-19 12:01:53

I’m bucking the pink trend and going for a red (albeit a pinky one!). Bobbi Brown Roseberry.

BollocksIsNoACompleteSentence Sun 06-Jan-19 13:48:46

Thank you Mary that looks really good! And it looks the exact shade of my hair, I like to be co-ordinated! grin

I have decided to put some lipstick on for a change today as the matte ones here have looked so good. Went for Sleek Matte Me in Bittersweet, it's not drying and doesn't feel like you are wearing lipstick. Good for a cheapie. Not brave enough for a selfie today but here is an internet pic.

RiskIt4Biscuit Sun 06-Jan-19 14:27:56

Today I'm wearing Dior lip glow in matte raspberry. It's very nice and comfortable, but matte.

loveisenough Sun 06-Jan-19 17:04:27

Today I'm wearing Pillarbox by No7 which was in my 2016 advent calendar. It's a lovely matte reddish coral but did fade after a while leaving an outline.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »