Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Boden velvet-trim v neck/jersey tops generally are too F***ing short on me.....

(22 Posts)
pollypeachum Wed 27-Jun-07 14:47:27

They stop at the top of my belt (when wearing them wtih jeans)thus highlighting the lovely muffin top lurking beneath. They also look boxy on me. My ideal top would skim over said muffin and cover my belt completely, elongating my dreadful torso not making it look squat lke my Boden v does. I am not super tall (5 foot 7 probably). Does anyone else have this problem and if so where do you find tops that are long enough in the body? I have one from Fat Face last winter which is nice but I cant go on with only one top!!!

BikeBug Wed 27-Jun-07 14:51:35

I wish I knew. I have exactly the same problem with tops generally and Boden especially. Bump, for more advice from those who know (ps I'm only 5'5'', so not by any means super tall).

dramaqueen Wed 27-Jun-07 14:52:26

I have this problem and I'm 5'4". Will watch with interest to see if anyone has any recommendations.

meandmyflyingmachine Wed 27-Jun-07 14:52:30

Cannot wear Boden tops. They are designed for short squares IMO.

southeastastra Wed 27-Jun-07 14:55:12

i got some really nice longer tops from topshop. and even tesco did a few that were longer but they seem to have stopped atm. i really dislike those waist skimming tops too.

Verso Wed 27-Jun-07 21:19:39

I have this problem too - also 5'7" or thereabouts...

Roobie Wed 27-Jun-07 21:32:32

Yep - if anyone knows of any nice longer tops let me know too. I no longer waste my cash on those naff Boden tops for odd shaped women.

Gingerbear Wed 27-Jun-07 21:35:08

H&M tops are longer in the body.

Lio Wed 27-Jun-07 21:36:15

Putting my name in so that it comes up in 'threads I'm watching'.

pollypeachum Wed 27-Jun-07 21:37:50

To compound the problem with Boden tops, I'm sure they shrink.
I haven't run a controlled experiment to prove it though and its always possible its my washing machine so please Johnny don't sue.

pinkspottywellies Wed 27-Jun-07 21:38:03

I have the same problem as tops have so much bust to cover before they can get down to covering tum! Don't know the answer but will also watch with interest

paolosgirl Wed 27-Jun-07 21:40:36

As a statuesque 5' 1", I find they are just perfect, and if anyone wishes to donate any of their shrunk-in-the-wash Boden kit, I will happily take it off their hands!

We have a Fat Face outlet here - it's LURVE-LEY

Dinosaur Wed 27-Jun-07 21:41:45

oh me too pollypeachum

I bought a blue one last winter, it is the most unflattering garment I currently possess

cloudberry Thu 28-Jun-07 07:09:57

Try Gap or Cottonbods - quite pricey Aussie label but very long - or Metalicus, another Aussie label.

cloudberry Thu 28-Jun-07 07:15:06

Sorry Metalicus and Cotton bods are the same thing, brain not fully awake yet.

lemonaid Thu 28-Jun-07 07:58:21

Kew generally have some longer tops.

I have the same problem (haven't tried Boden because I keep seeing threads like this one, but with tops in general) and I'm 5'6".

florenceuk Thu 28-Jun-07 10:13:09

Pretty much all the high st shops have longer length tops this year - Gap, Topshop, Miss Selfridge, Jigsaw. Most smock tops are quite long. Kew has come up a bit short for me in the past (not sure about this year).

pollypeachum Thu 28-Jun-07 10:15:35

Well thank goodness I'm not alone in this. Was getting depressed looking at the Boden Autum preveiw thread and knowing I could never join in! Thank you for suggestions - will look at all.
Paolosgirl - I'm jealous!!!

pollypeachum Thu 28-Jun-07 10:17:02

Those of us for whom tops are too short - do you all have big boobs? I do, 34DD, maybe thats part of the problem.

SueW Thu 28-Jun-07 11:02:38

ISTR there were comments in the Boden Autumn preview thread that at last there are some longer length tops coming from Boden.

Agree Fat Face stuff is gorgeous. Need to shed a few pounds personally as doesn't look so good on rounder me!

SilentTerror Thu 28-Jun-07 16:29:56

Where are the Fat Face outlet shops?
I think Boden jersey tops shrink too,but get on ok with the shirt/woven top ones.

brimfull Thu 28-Jun-07 21:29:16

I have the same problem with boden,am 5'4.
Think their tops are too recognisable aswell.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now