Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Where is best for school shirts if your DS has a big neck ?

(12 Posts)
schneebly Wed 27-Jun-07 14:19:55

Bless him - he is built like his daddy! Thanks.

schneebly Wed 27-Jun-07 14:24:42

anyone? Is my child the only big-necked one?

foxinsocks Wed 27-Jun-07 14:27:05

can't help you on the neck thing - we are a family of Big Heads and most polo shirts have been OK (as long as buttons undone).

Sweatshirts are more problematic imo

schneebly Wed 27-Jun-07 14:28:36

big heads here too foxinsocks! I am just worried because he starts reception in SEpt and has to wear shirt and tie and I am just not sure they will fasten without choking him!

foxinsocks Wed 27-Jun-07 14:29:52

oh a proper shirt rather than a polo shirt? hmmm, I dunno. Have you tried M&S? How does a 4 yr old do up a tie?!

schneebly Wed 27-Jun-07 14:31:24

I know! I wil try M & S. I think the ties may be on elastic though which is good because I am not great at ties myself!

Peachy Wed 27-Jun-07 14:32:14

DS2 has a big neck, M&S and BHS best I find

FIS our school ahs elasticated ties LOL- although I stopped them wearing them after a plyground strangualtion attempt and nobbody said anything tbh.

foxinsocks Wed 27-Jun-07 14:33:31

oh yes, have seen those I think. I wonder when they start doing neck sizes for shirts. I guess it must be once they are big enough to fit into a man's size!

If you have no luck with M&S or the supermarkets, perhaps try one of the uniform outfitters (you know, those places that do the private schools) - quite often they have a big range for different sizes and shapes.

foxinsocks Wed 27-Jun-07 14:34:20

lol peachy

yes, I imagine they would be great for strangulation games!

schneebly Wed 27-Jun-07 14:35:10

M & S it is then! I think they have an offer on too.

foxinsocks Wed 27-Jun-07 14:36:48

yes, it's 3 for 2. Worth getting shorts now because if it's hot in September, you won't see neither hide nor hair of them (almost certainly not in the colour or size you need!).

Ladymuck Wed 27-Jun-07 14:39:10

I find that traditional uniform shops stock by collar sizes - both of my children needed 11.5 shirts for reception due to the top button. The issue seems to come around size 12.5 which is a fairly typical collar size for 6 thorugh to 10 year olds, and then you need to find places which have different collar/chest sizes. M&S shrts for the 7 -10 age group all have 12.5 collar size but different shirt sizes. John Lewis/Peter Jones will also sell by collar sizes and they will possibly have the greatest selection of shirts ime. All of these shops will be staffed mainly be students at present so you might want to look out for/ask for a more seasoned hand.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now