Talk

Advanced search

Come and tell me that I was right to spend madly on clothes for me whilst picking up flowers for babysitters!

(19 Posts)
RubyRioja Wed 27-Jun-07 11:18:59

Popped out to pick up some flowers to thank babysitters and bought

new handbag
2 new tops
new jacket
new sandals

In my defence I did not mean to, I have a period and need cheering up, one of the tops was in the sale and the sandals are nice and don't hurt.

So, am I wicked to keep them or should I return them all and put family budget back in the black? [pleading emoticon]

MaureenMLove Wed 27-Jun-07 11:21:21

I think you've answered your own question! Why don't you compromise, take 2 things back and keep the other 2!

RubyRioja Wed 27-Jun-07 11:23:15

But I want them all [building up for tantrum ]

themaskedposter Wed 27-Jun-07 11:23:48

keep 'em all!
as you said, you didn't mean to ...

RubyRioja Wed 27-Jun-07 11:26:05

Thank you tmp. . That is what I wanted to hear!

And the sandals may actually get me out my crocs!

MaureenMLove Wed 27-Jun-07 11:27:11

Well, if you didn't spend that much and it doesn't mean your kids will starve for the rest of the month - sod it! A happy mummy is worth thousands imo!

themaskedposter Wed 27-Jun-07 11:28:59

"Hear, hear"

RubyRioja Wed 27-Jun-07 11:32:54

Spend about £150 , so will not put us on breadline (quite). And I do look like a sack of spuds today and so need them really

RubyRioja Wed 27-Jun-07 12:56:43

One top looks vile so being returned, but did find new lipstick and nail polsih

OrmIrian Wed 27-Jun-07 13:08:28

Weellll... .what the hell? If your kids start to starve they can always eat the sandals . Assuming they were leather .....

Anyhow food is very overrated. Most of it seems to poison you or make you fat and my children have waaaay too much energy anyway .

NKF Wed 27-Jun-07 13:11:45

As I see it, the only thing you did wrong was not buy a skirt or a pair of trousers to go with the tops and the jacket.

RubyRioja Wed 27-Jun-07 13:11:48

Good point - reducing their intake would be a spiritual lesson for them!

RubyRioja Wed 27-Jun-07 13:12:07

NKF - I had better get back to the shops!

OrmIrian Wed 27-Jun-07 13:13:06

Having said that and given you absolution, I am quite that you had that much to spend........

Trying to save up to pay for our holiday atm <<<<<sulks>>>>>

RubyRioja Wed 27-Jun-07 13:37:28

Tis from savings . Should probably be to pay for college for the dds, or a new boiler.

MaureenMLove Wed 27-Jun-07 13:50:37

I've just been out to buy household essentials and I came home with another pair of flip flops. That's 4 pairs I've bought this year! I blame you entirely. I ummed and arrred about it and thought, I wonder what Ruby would have done! Lovely flip flops, but I've got nothing to clean the bath with!

NoodleStroodle Wed 27-Jun-07 13:53:21

Well done you.

I did similiar few weeks ago - went out for a tube of paint and came back with rather nice dress and matching shoes...

Makes you feel really good and anyway you should buy things when you see them - I spend 5 hours shopping on Monday and there was NOTHING in the shops!

tassis Wed 27-Jun-07 13:54:51

"I didn't mean to"

great line

must remember that one!

RubyRioja Wed 27-Jun-07 14:30:00

thank you.

Maureen, if I recall correctly on Maslows's hierarchy of need, flip flops rate as highlyas other physiological comforts such as food and warmth .

Seriously, it is depressing to look scruffy, and it would be bad for my mental health wouldn't it? Which would be bad for my children's wellbeing. So really, I am being selfless!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now