Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Definative answer please...layers....easy care or hours of styling?

(37 Posts)

Hairdresser booked tomorrow but I am getting conflicting messages re layers in my hair. Overall length would probably be just below my shoulders.

Will I have to blow dry every day?
Could I get away with finger drying 2-3 times a week?
Will I have to straighten?

?

CorrieDale Mon 25-Jun-07 18:21:48

I have found layers to be a real pain, but I think that's because I have very thick hair and lots of it, so I tend to end up looking like a wedge unless I blow dry it every day.

Whats a wedge?

MrsFish Mon 25-Jun-07 18:24:03

First of all - do you NEED to wash it everyday?

I had my hair layered from all one length just after xmas, had 8 inches taken off and it is now just past my shoulders. I love it, gives me so many more options for styling, but I only need to wash it twice a week. My hair goes quite curly if left so I tend to straighten it, but if you hair is thick and fairly straight, finger drying should be fine

CorrieDale Mon 25-Jun-07 18:24:28

My head looks like a triangle. A very untidy one at that. Not a great look.

MrFish - sounds a bit like me.....I normally wash twice a week... and it can be quite curly so I am worried I would need to straighten. Also I will be going from bum crack length to just below shoulders so taking the weight off will probably encourage it to curl more.

How often do you straighten?
How long are your shortest layers? If I had the layers cut in and didn't like it could I get the layers cut away to leave a decent length bob IYSWIM.

MrsFish Mon 25-Jun-07 18:40:53

My shortest layer is 8 inches which comes to just the base of my skull. I always straighten after I have washed as I don't like it curly this length. When it was longer the weight used to pull it down into nice loose curls, now it is shorter and layered it doesn't look right.

Why don't you have longer layers to start with and see how it goes, you can always go shorter afterwards

Mommalove Mon 25-Jun-07 20:41:52

Message withdrawn

final bump before I head off....

MrsFish Tue 26-Jun-07 09:16:02

Have you decided what you are going to do?

Noooooo...

I have 1hr 35 mins to decide...

It is either this or a 'boring always used to have a bob'...

Some nice pics (celebs maybe) could be helpful if anyone time..

hockeypuck Tue 26-Jun-07 09:44:43

layers are a pain.

My hair has tendency to curl and layers make it worse necessitating long times with straighteners. But have just discovered that it looks better in a choppy bob with tons of layers that is washed rough dried and straightened every day and I WILL go to those lengths to have good hair days.

hockeypuck Tue 26-Jun-07 09:46:43

mine is like weathergirl claire's hair

I quite like Penny's new cut..if I go for a bob

I loooove this but think it will be too hard to care for

MrsFish Tue 26-Jun-07 10:12:36

That is really nice. If you only have to wash twice a week like me, its not such a big problem to straighten is it? Mind you I have GHD's they are the best straightners ever, I leave my hair to dry naturally, then I spritz with a hair straightner protector, it then takes me 10 mins to get it completely straight

MrsFish Tue 26-Jun-07 10:13:47

The fringe would annoy me greatly though, I can't stand it being over my eyes.

I have to say the fringe would have to be adjusted.

Do you only straighten after washing then? I assumed it would be a daily occurance.

MrsFish Tue 26-Jun-07 10:16:15

Nope, I only have to straighten after I was, it then lasts till the next wash.

What straightners do you have?

I went through loads before the ghd's they are expensive but the best money I have ever spent.

NOne

I can't bloody print that image to show hairdresser as it is bloody copyrighted...

MrsFish Tue 26-Jun-07 10:18:59

Well then, GHD's are your new best friend , I think mine were about £85 off the net about two years ago, they are probably cheaper by now, honestly you will wonder how you ever coped without them, if mine broke today, I would be buying a new pair straight away

MrsFish Tue 26-Jun-07 10:20:32

I can get it off as a jpg and email it to you if you like

Its OK...have just screen dumped it to word

How can you get it off as a jpeg...it won't let you right click?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now