Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

Is there a cheaper alternative to Bobbi Brown Skin foundation?

(6 Posts)
ShivD Fri 07-Dec-18 18:02:54

I really love Bobby brown skin foundation but i’d Like something a bit cheaper if such a thing exists. So light, a bit glowy, not scented.

Any recommendations? I’m not very good at make up!

WindinTheWillowsLover Fri 07-Dec-18 19:03:14

Depends on your skin tone; some MNs suggest Bourjois Healthy Mix, but I find it too dark. Revlon Colour Stay is about the same consistency as the BB one- slightly more coverage but not especially glowy.
What about L'Oreal Colour match?

ShivD Sat 08-Dec-18 01:42:42

Thank you @windinthewillowslover I use colour 2.5 so quite pale. I have a Superdrug nearby who stock all 3 of those brands soi I’ll try tomorrow.

WindinTheWillowsLover Sat 08-Dec-18 09:11:56

@ShivD Also look at Boots No 7! They are good quality but for me, even Calico is too dark - pinky ttoned- but they have a lot of foundations- and you could well find one to suit.

Bombardier25966 Sat 08-Dec-18 12:26:18

It's the healthy mix serum foundation you're looking for, not the normal one. Your BB shade is not particularly pale so you should be fine with Bourjois.

ShivD Sun 09-Dec-18 11:41:11

I’m going to try the Bourjois one. I found a website that tells you what shade to go for in different brands based on stuff you usually use so hopefully I’ll get the right shade.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: