Talk

Advanced search

Please help me to style this dress so it doesn't look like a dressing gown.

(9 Posts)
MartinRohdesBellybuttonFluff Fri 07-Dec-18 17:58:31

I was doing some internet shopping (after a gin or two) the other night and bought this.

It ticks a lot of boxes for me (flattering v neck for bosom and wrap effect for not so flat tummy) but I awoke in the early hours when the gin was wearing off and feared that it might be a bit like a dressing gown.

Is there any way I could style it to help veer it away from looking like nightwear or am I just being paranoid?

Thank you fsmile

Pondering1 Fri 07-Dec-18 17:59:45

I think it looks lovely! Wearing heels will keep it glam x

drquin Fri 07-Dec-18 18:01:11

Looks lovely - where's it from if I may ask?!

GinandGingerBeer Fri 07-Dec-18 18:11:45

Try a belt with it, it'll break it up a bit, (not the one off your dressing gown though wink). Some kind of animal print in grey/black/white would work well.

MartinRohdesBellybuttonFluff Fri 07-Dec-18 20:59:48

Thanks drquin. It's a Twist & Tango dress currently in the sale at House of Fraser.

I will try a belt because that big old elasticated waistband is exactly what it is (so comfortable though fgrin). It might glam it up a bit if I do that. I am also a tempted to take up the sleeves a teeny bit, maybe wear it with opaques and high heeled boots?

As long as I am not wearing furry slippers and carrying a mug of cocoa I hope it will look ok! Internet shopping while under the influence can be a bit dangerous gin

DontCallMeCharlotte Fri 07-Dec-18 21:58:08

Internet shopping while under the influence can be a bit dangerous

I bought my favourite ever evening dress online when I'd had a few. Completely forgot I'd ordered it until it arrived! You've done well!

DontCallMeCharlotte Fri 07-Dec-18 21:58:55

What about a metallic belt?

fabulousathome Fri 07-Dec-18 22:10:27

Statement necklace and cuff bracelet.

Bloodynorthernrock Fri 07-Dec-18 22:54:33

It's gorgeous and agree that a belt will really make it

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: