Talk

Advanced search

Royal style & gossip: more gowns, less frowns

(994 Posts)
QueenOfTheAndals Thu 06-Dec-18 07:30:59

Link to previous thread.

And once again, let's keep this good-spirited. Spiteful comments are about as welcome as Fergie at Prince Philip's birthday party!

AhoyDelBoy Thu 06-Dec-18 10:55:27

I have to respectfully disagree with whoever called PC a silver fox fshock

BettyBoo I’m guessing the bikini shots were pre-babies? She’s probably suffering ‘Mum bum’. I remember after I had my DD I was looking into this phenomenon. I was very confused as to why my bottom was so flat all of a sudden confused. The pelvis tilts forward during pregnancy to compensate for the bump and only being 7 mo postpartum she probably hasn’t realigned properly yet. I can’t belive she is only 7 mo PP!

pisspawpatrol Thu 06-Dec-18 10:57:53

I didn't get chance to comment on the last thread, but that photo of Kate and Charlotte at the theatre looks to me like Charlotte is wearing a party dress. I bet she insisted on dressing up and Kate just went with it to avoid the screaming ab-dabs.

Really loving Kate's outfits from the last few days too. She looked lovely in the evening dress in particular. I think the silvery grey really suited her well. I know what people mean about bolder colours but I think this one was a vast improvement on the state banquet and the Lover's Knot didn't actually look out of place this time. As for the trouser and blazer combo! Fabulous, she looked so business like. Is it the first time she has attended that type of event in trousers?

QueenOfTheAndals Thu 06-Dec-18 11:16:26

I agree re Charlotte, and when you're chauffeured to and from the theatre then there's not much chance of her getting cold anyway!

CrookedMe Thu 06-Dec-18 11:20:57

Apart from when they nipped into a random pub to use the loo, according to <whisper> the DM.

CurlyWurlyTwirly Thu 06-Dec-18 11:29:17

Fab new thread, thanks @Queen. We must be into double figures by now. And no deletions apart from a few random spam promos.

I just have to comment on the Silver Fox quote. PC no, King Felipe - totally. But a Grand Duke Henri, not sure which pp said it but can’t get Nigel Farage out of my head now!

RosinaAlmaviva Thu 06-Dec-18 11:53:26

Copying Kate today in black boots, a red plaid circle skirt and this black sweater.

The magazine covers in M&S made interesting reading. Hello is gushing about Kate's joy over Baby Sussex while Grazia is going with the feud angle.

BTW, as I mentioned on a previous thread, I met Charles briefly a few years back, and he is a total silver fox! Very charismatic in person. grin

beanaseireann Thu 06-Dec-18 12:26:46

Thank you Queen

AhoyDelBoy Thu 06-Dec-18 12:31:49

Right folks, I hope this works (and apologies if it doesn’t) Links to ALL the threads for those interested..
RS&G: Kate, Meghan, Bea, Euj, Maxima, Mary, Letizia, Victoria
RS&G: Thread 2
RS&G: Thread 3

RS&G: Kate’s back, Euj gets hitched, Megs heads Down Under!

RS&G: The Sussexes Down Under; Meghan is glowing
RS&G: Monochrome Megs, colourful Kate, the whacky hats of Max
Princess Eugenie’s wedding: The sartorial highs and lows. Plus Fergie’s back, bitches!

RS&G: the frocks, the rocks, the shocks

RS&G: Tiaras galore and more!

RS&G: No time to think of a snappy title!
RS&G: What do we want? Frock shots! When do we want them? Now!
RS&G: From maximum Maxima to minimalist Meghan
RS&G: Give us this day our daily tiara

AhoyDelBoy Thu 06-Dec-18 12:32:36

Argh crappy formatting but it worked, phew 😅

AhoyDelBoy Thu 06-Dec-18 12:34:00

We’re up to thread 14! 👏🏻 Queen for starting such a popular thread.

CurlyWurlyTwirly Thu 06-Dec-18 12:40:11

Wow @AhoyDelBoy well done on getting all those links up and running.
We will have to link back to this thread to find them all.
I can’t believe it’s 14 threads already!

BlingLoving Thu 06-Dec-18 12:42:09

Just place marking for later!

Laiste Thu 06-Dec-18 12:42:18

TracyBeakerSoChristmas so did I! Dream of DoC that is. It was one of those dreams where you're dreaming of someone and sometimes you're watching them and sometimes you are them iykwim? I felt slim and lovely as the DoC drifting about in this big house and you know what, upon awakening it inspired me to get back on the diet. (i was doing well but ran out of motivation) I've already turned down cake today!

This thread works in mysterious ways ... grin
<as you all were>

AhoyDelBoy Thu 06-Dec-18 13:05:14

I was up to date with the thread and sick of AIBU grin I’m just glad it’s not a jumbled mess crown

katekat383 Thu 06-Dec-18 13:06:47

Spiteful comments are about as welcome as Fergie at Prince Philip's birthday party!

Is that not a spiteful OP?

Lelivre Thu 06-Dec-18 13:42:01

I’m one of your lurkers and unlikely to post again but want to say please keep this all up. Such a welcome distraction!

Seeing as I’m here...I love almost everything MM wears tends to be my colours and I’m a similar build, its fashionable in a pared down modest way that’s the only reason why I started viewing your threads, I didn’t expect all the fun!

Kate looks great and she is so classy but I would love her to be a bit more current.

MM is so much more interesting but imagine having a SIL that perfect, so so slim with such fabulous hair, very poised and never puts a foot wrong. How annoying!!!

QueenOfTheAndals Thu 06-Dec-18 14:02:08

CPV has got herself a Meghan green dress, although I prefer it without the belt. And definitely not over the trousers - that's a look only seen on Trinny Woodall these days!

TheDistantSky Thu 06-Dec-18 14:08:57

I did love Kate's outfit yesterday. Smart and professional without looking about 20 years older than she is.

Wish the 'feud' would stop being reported and commented on. Everything DoS does is portrayed in a bad way, it must be so stressful.

Spudlet Thu 06-Dec-18 14:15:00

Bloody hell, just read that BBC story about the drooling Nazis. Yeep.

I love that Charlotte got all dressed up for her special trip to the theatre, she's clearly her mother's daughter (and great-grandma's great-granddaughter too). Bit naughty / thoughtless of someone to post a pic to social media though.

itswinetime Thu 06-Dec-18 14:16:55

Afternoon coffee and a royal round up from Instagram. For the brits a second photo of Meghan yesterday still not showing much. I think she is hiding her bump maybe so it's harder to guess when she is due.

The Wessexs are out on the job today to lovely colour on Sophie I think.

And in Spain they are out too love the red on Letizia but not keen on the girls dresses/capes

CurlyWurlyTwirly Thu 06-Dec-18 14:25:18

Reindeer invited to Clarence House by Camilla She rocks!

CurlyWurlyTwirly Thu 06-Dec-18 14:28:30

I couldn’t see the Spanish Princesses that clearly in the instagram post.
I think the capes look fine. Maybe it’s a Spanish aristo thing.
Letizia always looks fab in red.

Prince Edward in the headscarf. There are no words.

itswinetime Thu 06-Dec-18 14:29:42

Camillia being such a grandma there watching the antlers to make sure the little girl isn't knocked out. Love it! Great clip Curly

CurlyWurlyTwirly Thu 06-Dec-18 14:30:40

Beautiful birthday portrait of Sofia of Sweden. 34 today.
(Another one with gorgeous hair)

itswinetime Thu 06-Dec-18 14:35:44

Mary out and about today not a fan of this look

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »