Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

What foundation do you use ?

(37 Posts)
LardLizard Wed 05-Dec-18 14:35:15

Currently use Bobbi brown skin and think I might try something but heavier as this is very v light

Lottapianos Wed 05-Dec-18 14:39:25

What sort of skin do you have OP and what sort of finish so you want - dewy? Matte? Light, medium or full coverage?

Ohyesiam Wed 05-Dec-18 14:43:45

Chanel Vitallumiere. It’s invisible and very flattering.
I’m aging though and have just got a tester of Chanel perfect velvet, which is less dewy but still invisible and very flattering.
They don’t seem cheap at around £45, but I wear foundation every day and a bottle lasts me a year. So less than £1 a week to look 50% better than without. Bargain.

HildaZelda Wed 05-Dec-18 19:09:43

I like Estee Lauder Double Wear, but it's a bit heavy for everyday. Currently using Rimmel 25 hour (the one with the red top) as my everyday one (ELDW as my going out one) but I like Mac Studio Fix as well.

coffeekittens Wed 05-Dec-18 19:12:00

I’ve just started used Rimmel wake me up. I’d say it’s medium coverage however is very buildable. I’m 29 weeks pregnant and my skin has become dry and flaky, this is the only foundation I’ve found that will last all day and not irritate my skin.

feverbee Wed 05-Dec-18 19:14:01

I use urban decay all nighter foundation, it's full coverage.

Mondaytired Wed 05-Dec-18 19:14:50

I just bought some Bobbi brown not realising how light it was 😌
I used to use this great Clinique dewy one but they stopped making - booo. And nothing matches it at all.
I now use bourjois... the one with a red lid... mixed with a bit of Bobbi brown and some rimmel.
I’m going to keep an eye on this thread for ideas too Op!!

DavetheCat2001 Wed 05-Dec-18 19:16:17

I've just bought Bobbi Brown Skin foundation and love it. It is fairly light /mediumcoverage though, although I believe it's buildable.

Haven't worn it out yet but out for a drinks party this Friday so looking forward to wearing it then.

Oly5 Wed 05-Dec-18 19:18:51

Clinique beyond perfecting after seeing good things said about it on here. I love it

Flowers12345 Wed 05-Dec-18 19:23:31

No 7 Stay Perfect from boots, brilliant coverage and doesn't feel heavy. Easily lasts the whole day / night out dancing!

MrsChollySawcutt Wed 05-Dec-18 19:24:42

BareMinerals BarePro liquid foundation, light and natural whilst still providing good coverage and evening out my patchy skin tone.

Sparkletastic Wed 05-Dec-18 19:26:07

Glossier Skin Tint. I find full coverage very ageing. Ok if you are in your 20s of course.

Nakedavenger74 Wed 05-Dec-18 19:28:51

Chanel sublimage. When I first got it I thought it was awful and it's was daft expensive but hell the stuff is amazing. Everything else just seems too thick, drying or settles in pores. Totally sold on it.

GetOffTheTableMabel Wed 05-Dec-18 19:30:32

YSL Fusion Ink cushion or Charlotte Tilbury Light Wonder.
Agree with Ohyesiam that Chanel Vitalumiere is v good. I find the Perfection Velvet Lumiere a bit drying.
You could get some Cover Fx drops to amp up the coverage of an overly light finish....

NotquitewhatImeant Wed 05-Dec-18 19:32:48

I’ve just started using no7 match made and I love it. I mix it or use a little straight up in top of fresh moisturiser well blended if that makes sense. I’d used Bobbi Brown skin foundation, Nars tinted moisturiser or Dior forever before over the last year and this is definitely my preferred winter one. I saw it recommended here actually as I’d never bought no7 before

RaininSummer Wed 05-Dec-18 19:35:47

Max factor lasting performance.

madmum5811 Wed 05-Dec-18 19:39:17

Elizabeth Arden flawless finish mixed with collection liquid foundation, gives good coverage when mixed brushed on and blended with an egg sponge.

fashiondevotee Wed 05-Dec-18 19:40:15

For reference, I have oily skin.

My favourite high-end foundation is Bare Minerals BarePro Performance Wear (it's a regular liquid one - not their usual mineral powders).

My favourite cheap foundation is L'Oreal Infallible 24H Matte.

Honourable mentions: Nars Sheer Glow, Bourjois Healthy Skin.

Pretamum Wed 05-Dec-18 19:56:31

I use Mac Studio Fix. I absolutely love it, its the first foundation I've actually been loyal to. Great coverage, blends really well and a bottle of it lasts me 6 months. But after reading this I am now tempted to try Chanel Vitalumiere...

stoplickingthetelly Wed 05-Dec-18 20:58:37

I don't really like heavy foundations. At the moment I'm using bourjois healthy mix serum foundation and really like it. I've tried more expensive ones, but this is easily as good.

youvegottobekidding Thu 06-Dec-18 13:15:41

I'm 45 & have normal to dry-ish skin. As I've got older I've found I don't need a foundation that's too heavy as it can 'age' me. I have fair freckly complexion, that can be prone to a bit of redness.

I've been using a bb 'cream' for the last 8 months which I love, but it was Boot's Seventeen - which has been discontinued. I tried Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum recently & after trying it twice it broke me out in spots. So I use L'Oréal Infallible Total Cover. It covers quite well without being too heavy and I only need the tiniest amount. Sometimes I get away without using a primer as long as I use a moisturiser underneath. I was using the lighter shades, but I noticed in a couple of photographs how pale I looked, almost ill-like so I've tried a couple of shades darker & amazingly I'm not orange or anything.

eurochick Thu 06-Dec-18 13:18:11

Armani Face Fabric. The texture is unlike any other foundation I have tried.

madmum5811 Thu 06-Dec-18 13:48:22

The L`oreal infallible is excellent, but I blob it on the Elizabeth Arden flawless finish, work it in with a brush, spread on then sponge through. Does anyone else mix foundations, or am I weird??

star8 Thu 06-Dec-18 14:02:19

i use veryyy full coverage beacuse of acne scaring and just like that type coverage. used to be an este lauder double wear user but now use Huda beauty foundation. best full coverage ive used everrrrr. no jeed for concealer either its that full

Quassia Thu 06-Dec-18 14:26:40

Chanel Perfection Lumiere Velvet.

While I'm very happy with the lightweight coverage, I have very oily skin with giant pores, so if anyone has the same I'd love to hear what you're using!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: