Talk

Advanced search

Celebrity Style & Gossip

(743 Posts)
CurlyWurlyTwirly Fri 30-Nov-18 21:56:33

Following on the success of the long running Royal Style & Gossip threads, I am starting a companion thread, for us to still chat about frocks and indulge in a bit of non spiteful gossip. In the spirit of the other naice threads, please keep this fluffy too.

To kick off, please let us admire Richard Madden of the Bodyguard channeling 007 on the cover of GQ

QueenOfTheAndals Fri 30-Nov-18 22:49:14

Can I make a request now that we stick to A-list stars and NEVER EVER discuss any members of that infamous family whose surname starts with K??

BettyBooJustDoinTheDoo Fri 30-Nov-18 22:49:25

A few more

CurlyWurlyTwirly Fri 30-Nov-18 22:49:41

.... wait for this @Ahoydelboy
Britney & Justin did double denim.
It looks like a Halloween costume, but sadly they wore it for the America Music Awards, 15 years ago!

BettyBooJustDoinTheDoo Fri 30-Nov-18 22:50:48

I agree Queen please A listers only, standards darlings standards!

Butterymuffin Fri 30-Nov-18 22:50:53

Hopping over from the royal thread! Two for the price of one.

Love Amal's outfits. Her wedding ensemble is the modern day version of Bianca Jagger's in my book. Looks so cool.

Have just remembered the final line of Out Of Your Mind was VB's 'This tune's going to punish you'. Ah, back in the day..

CurlyWurlyTwirly Fri 30-Nov-18 22:53:11

@BettyBoo, I was just loading up an SJP retrospective.
I know she is a bit marmite but I think she is awesome; she puts combinations together which shouldn’t even work and then puts on fabulous shoes and looks amaaaazing !

QueenOfTheAndals Fri 30-Nov-18 22:53:57

I love SJP - say what you like about her but her outfits are never boring!

CurlyWurlyTwirly Fri 30-Nov-18 22:54:07

I’ll second that @Queen.
Strictly A list on this thread.

AhoyDelBoy Fri 30-Nov-18 22:57:25

X-Post Curly grin
OMG that link to VBs fashion was hilarious Queen grinshock I actually gasped at a few of the outfits! Oh and you read my mind about the K family. I’d literally Had that thought minutes prior ‘oh I hope this doesn’t go down the K family route’ glad we’re all on the same page! smile

CurlyWurlyTwirly Fri 30-Nov-18 22:57:32

I’m with you @ButteryMuffin

Bianca Jagger. Exquisite

BettyBooJustDoinTheDoo Fri 30-Nov-18 22:58:35

I agree Curly awesome is the right word, she just oozes style and it just seems innate.

QueenOfTheAndals Fri 30-Nov-18 23:00:41

Bianca was stunning. I follow Jade Jagger on Instagram and she seems to have a fab life. She is actually a gran but has a little son who's younger than her granddaughter. But then that's normal for the Jaggers - Jade's grandchild is a few years older than Mick's youngest son!

CurlyWurlyTwirly Fri 30-Nov-18 23:18:29

SJPs shoe line. This one is not terrifying high and I love the sparkle.

She has even brought out high heel wrapping paper

CurlyWurlyTwirly Fri 30-Nov-18 23:37:25

Emily Blunt Style dans Mary Poppins in Harper’s Bazaar.
I think she has a touch of Kate Winslet about her...

ItsNiceItsDifferentItsUnusual Sat 01-Dec-18 06:38:04

Wow, Emily Blunt is seriously beautiful.

TipseyTorvey Sat 01-Dec-18 06:40:55

What a lovely surprise to wake up to ! Well done for setting up this sister thread Curly. Now I'll never get anything done😂. Off to dig out pictures of Amal now...

AhoyDelBoy Sat 01-Dec-18 06:48:05

Thanks for the link to VBs fashion fails over the years Queen I’ve been chuckling about them all day grin Tipsey were you the Amal fan from RS&B? I’m also a fan.

ItsNiceItsDifferentItsUnusual Sat 01-Dec-18 06:52:53

I love Naomi Watts. So chic.

ItsNiceItsDifferentItsUnusual Sat 01-Dec-18 06:53:37

I want this jumper!

CurlyWurlyTwirly Sat 01-Dec-18 07:04:06

@Itsnice
love that last Naomi Watts dress. Is it Chanel?
I'm totally into the colour blocking. That jumper is not too ott

CurlyWurlyTwirly Sat 01-Dec-18 07:04:50

You're welcome @TipseyTorvey.
Amal away!

ItsNiceItsDifferentItsUnusual Sat 01-Dec-18 07:12:15

It's Dior! But very Chanel-ish, I agree.

Roystonv Sat 01-Dec-18 07:18:26

Love Emily Blunt and beautiful clothes and styling on that shoot.

QueenOfTheAndals Sat 01-Dec-18 07:26:47

Cate Blanchett is one of my style icons. Always looks fabulous and gets away with outfits others couldn't.

And let's not forget Nicole Kidman, although I wish she'd go back to darker red hair and lay off the Botox.

QueenOfTheAndals Sat 01-Dec-18 07:53:17

@CurlyWurlyTwirly I think Emily was touted as the new Kate Winslet when she first emerged on the screen. I'm guessing Florence Pugh is going to be the next "new Kate". And Kate herself isn't even that old - only early forties but she's been around for about 25 years!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »