Talk

Advanced search

Hush Christmas - its a slipper-y slope and a ding dong meryl-y on high :)!

(1000 Posts)
Alwaysasparklymoment99 Fri 23-Nov-18 11:14:03

www.mumsnet.com/Talk/style_and_beauty/a3418441-Here-are-the-Hushistas-counting-down-for-a-Very-Meryl-y-festive-season?msgid=82793854#82793854

Welcome everyone one!!!

Nearlyadoctor Fri 23-Nov-18 15:03:18

Love the Fairisle jumper @Always - may stalk Hush’s for a return.

Ilovecherries having read about your move at least one thing is definite I’m not pregnant, so whenever we get moved that will be a bonus grin

SoyYo Fri 23-Nov-18 15:39:48

Nearly forgot to say Hi 👋 nice to read you again smile
I do wish your move goes ahead soon and that you have a very happy “homecoming” in early Dec.

twosoups1972 Fri 23-Nov-18 16:12:10

Is the Meryl jumper completely sold out now?

I am always late to the party!

twosoups1972 Fri 23-Nov-18 16:22:38

Boden have some nice knitwear with 30% off today if anyone is interested.

Laska3Meryl Fri 23-Nov-18 17:22:58

Hi there , thanks for the very Meryly new thread Never grin

so Hush doing a 25%? I have never known them do a random 25% before, does this mean that they are not doing so well? (I wouldn't actually be surprised as quality on some things is well down but prices are not!).

But I have only spent £16.87!! halo and that was reordering the ruddy Charcoal LL Tank which STILL is on back order.. (but i thought I might as well get it at the lower price!).. I might have been tempted at the charcoal BF Cashmere jumper if they had had one in stock esp as I have a £20 code.. But Nope , all gone it seems ! (they had it in JL but it would have been the extra £20 from Hush mention me which would have swung it for me)

Am Not too gutted at the velvet puffa being in there , as i have worn mine loads already ! and had a £20 code for that also .

soy thanks for your Pm.. I will peruse.

Ellapaella Fri 23-Nov-18 17:25:54

Both Boden and Other stories have very good Meryl dupes with better discounts than Hush are offering. I am quite tempted by Boden today but holding off as I am just about to set off for a bit of late night shopping!
Will report back...

Ellapaella Fri 23-Nov-18 17:51:17

My Sainsbury's Tu dress
Love it 💕
So thanks Len for pointing me in the right direction..
It's perfect for Christmas nights out as it has stars on and it's not fitted so I don't have to breathe in all night!

Ellapaella Fri 23-Nov-18 17:52:18

Closer up..
Sorry about crap lighting. It's dark outside and I'm on my landing.

Ellapaella Fri 23-Nov-18 17:52:41

I can see you in this Never - I think you'd like it.

SoyYo Fri 23-Nov-18 18:27:54

Oh Ella it honestly looks beautiful on you! smile

laska your velvet puffa love persuaded me to give it a go...I’ll probably end up returning but had to at least see what it looks like on me as it looked fab on you. Glad you got my pm x

SoyYo Fri 23-Nov-18 18:29:05

I’m going to stop spending money on myself and go have a look for family presents 🎁

twosoups1972 Fri 23-Nov-18 18:55:54

@ellapaella that looks gorgeous on you smile

Does it have a built in under layer?

Ellapaella Fri 23-Nov-18 19:01:46

@twosoups1972 yes it does. I'm really pleased with it, thinking of getting some knee high boots to wear with. Actually at shops now so having a good browse.

dontcallmelen Fri 23-Nov-18 19:08:44

Ella 😄👍🏼

Alwaysasparklymoment99 Fri 23-Nov-18 19:38:27

Ella that is stunning on you. I love it. Absolutely gorgeous. Pity I don't have anything to go to or I would buy one myself. It REALLY looks amazing on you.

Alwaysasparklymoment99 Fri 23-Nov-18 19:39:35

Should I change my name back to never?

ilovecherries Fri 23-Nov-18 19:42:21

I still think of you as never. Maybe NeverTooMuchSparkle?

Ellapaella Fri 23-Nov-18 19:50:02

Yes go back to Never as that's who you really are to me! grin

Ellapaella Fri 23-Nov-18 19:54:30

I have been shopping (dangerously I have a small retail park just down the road).
It was functional really as I needed a strapless bra for a dress I'm wearing in a couple of weeks and had to pop to boots.
I went into Outfit and tried on three jumpers I thought would be perfect with the coated skinnies or faux leather leggings and settles on one from Wallis that has a hint of sparkle.
Tomorrow I'm going to order the Hush coated jeans to try.
There are loads of Merylly type jumpers around, saw loads in TopShop and H&M.
I got a long charcoal grey cardigan in H&M tonight as well, it's 20% off everything today.

neveradullmoment99 Fri 23-Nov-18 20:04:35

hello, im back.

NotAnActualSheep Fri 23-Nov-18 20:42:06

That's absolutely lovely Ella. It really suits you, and looks so much more expensive than it is...really hush-esque. There are actually loads of nice things there at the moment. I didn't notice that dress when I was in there earlier, but I did pick up a lovely cord skirt in a sort of Paisley pattern in really rich reds/ purple/navy. And also a nice looking lightweight navy jumper with a sort of pinky fair isle pattern with a little bit of sparkle (which I didn't buy as I don't need any more jumpers and I only saw it as I was going out of the door but looked very pretty).

Oooh, soups - you're quoted in the mumsnet "swears by" email!!! You've made it. I feel like when I see someone I know on the telly grin.

Yay - never's back!

NotAnActualSheep Fri 23-Nov-18 20:47:16

This is the skirt. It's much nicer in real life...much more subtle and deeper colours. And the mismatching panels aren't so obvious...

Ellapaella Fri 23-Nov-18 20:53:14

That skirt is lovely Sheep

neveradullmoment99 Fri 23-Nov-18 21:07:09

There are quite a few bargains on the TU website. I have spent enough though.

Ellapaella Fri 23-Nov-18 21:07:19

What does everyone wear under their cardigans in winter? I mean I have a wardrobe full and I've just bought a long Sabrina looky likey one from H&M and now debating whether to get the two face tee that Never has to wear with it.
I do this all the time though - but lovely cardigans and then not know what to wear underneath.

This thread is not accepting new messages.