Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

I sound like the PR for Bravissimo, but blimey, their vest tops with bra are marvellous!

(67 Posts)
Aloha Tue 19-Jun-07 14:39:06

Mine arrived this morning and it is so fab. Really supportive, bosom were it used to be 20 years ago, and you can bend over without fear. I did a Pilates class in mine, and several young men said hello when I wandered over the road for a coffee. And that hasn't happened for a while!
Bravissimo has taught me that if the bra is right, you don't really need the straps to hold you up, the bra does it.
Also, I thought because I was tall, I needed to extend the bra straps to their fullest extent. I now realise I only had to do this because my bra was the wrong size so my norks were inches lower than they should have been. With norks in the right place, straps are much shorter! Hooray.

bundle Tue 19-Jun-07 14:40:27

lol @ young mayaaaaaaaaan

Aloha Tue 19-Jun-07 14:45:04

Yes, indeed, more than one young maaayaaan! It's not a top, it's a bleedin' miracle

Quattrocento Tue 19-Jun-07 14:46:34

You have inspired me aloha. Which is more than work has today. Hang it all. I'm going to go to Bravissimo this pm to get measured up.

bundle Tue 19-Jun-07 14:46:49

should be on the NHS

along with Boots' Protect & Perfect

and mojitos

daisyboo Tue 19-Jun-07 14:47:01

i've ummed and ahed about one of those for ages as they are quite dear....think you've helped me make up my mind!

bookthief Tue 19-Jun-07 14:49:51

Oh yes I do love these and have 4 - all marvellous. Unfortunately they're all too small for me at the moment .

Was a bloody revelation the first time I tried one on. I hmm'd a bit at the padding but it all works and they're amazingly comfortable too.

CuttingCod Tue 19-Jun-07 15:43:25

i liek it but it dind tsuit me os the fit was ok but the lok bad
chubby upper arms

SueW Tue 19-Jun-07 15:46:00

Yes they are superb! I have two - and I love them.

Cod you can wear them under something!

Wears per £ - they are top value.

JackieNo Tue 19-Jun-07 15:47:04

I'm amazed that anything underwired was comfortable enough to wear for a pilates class. They must be good.

TheApprentice Tue 19-Jun-07 15:47:35

Yes, they are great, expecially if you go to the sale section on the website. About a third off the usual price.

CuttingCod Tue 19-Jun-07 15:48:05

if under summat i jsutw ear a bra
but yes

SueW Tue 19-Jun-07 15:54:24

Under cardi or similar

Aloha Tue 19-Jun-07 15:58:40

I think would be nice with little cardigan over too. Upper arms not perfect, but hoping Pilates (with hand weights) will sort that.

Piffle Tue 19-Jun-07 16:01:04

ok am tempted but how norkularly big are you lasses that have got them?
Am 32 GG and wondering if this is one wish too many

wishingfourgotone Tue 19-Jun-07 16:01:52

I love bravissimo they the best they cost that bit more but there undies make me feel really sexy an special!!!
i got my cossi from them an its fab been swimming loads since

TheApprentice Tue 19-Jun-07 16:02:06

Ah Piffle, am only DD!

Aloha Tue 19-Jun-07 16:02:38

Piffle, mine's a 30F (what a ridiculous size!) and they go up to J (!)

wishingfourgotone Tue 19-Jun-07 16:03:33

Piffle -try there website im 34gan they fit me they go up to j in most things and recently have some k bras too
http://bravissimo.co.uk

TootyFrooty Tue 19-Jun-07 16:03:52

Sounds fab. Will check them out.

p.s. 32GG - that's norkilicious!

Piffle Tue 19-Jun-07 16:04:42

I know aloha I've been lumping around with 36F bras for 20 years as no decent big cup sizes under 36 until last few yrs
Am breastfeeding now and prob for next year at least but I like to have time off in an underwire just so that my tummy adn tits can be separated even if briefly

Heathcliffscathy Tue 19-Jun-07 16:05:41

worry a bit about vests with built in as they sort of just squish your boobs with no shape...

CuttingCod Tue 19-Jun-07 16:06:51

no they are tow sdistinct cups

SueW Tue 19-Jun-07 16:07:34

No sophable, not Bravissimo ones.

You have to try to believe it

Get yourself to a shop ASAP!

Aloha Tue 19-Jun-07 16:08:21

Bravissimo ones are a proper proper bra with a vest attached. Tis wondrous!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: