Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

calling lawyers, accountants and anyone who has to dress smartly but conservatively for work and is an apple shaped 16....

(9 Posts)
bossykate Tue 19-Jun-07 12:50:47

please help! i need some more work clothes, incl. at least one suit...

where can i get something stylish and elegant?

TIA

bossykate Tue 19-Jun-07 12:51:29

not next or m&s pls - sorry

MrsWobble Tue 19-Jun-07 12:53:23

don't know about size/shape but presumably you've tried the usual - Hobbs, Austin Reed, LK Bennett, Whistles, Jigsaw

might be worth a personal shopper somewhere?

bundle Tue 19-Jun-07 12:53:35

hi bk
I was pleasantly surprised by the designers at debenhams range recently, particularly the betty jackson diffusion range, black (bought some thickish fabric wide leg trousers that hid a variety of bumps )

MrsBadger Tue 19-Jun-07 12:56:24

also Reiss.

If you are near a MacArthur Glen or similar factory outlet they are always worth a look for otherwise unaffordably expensive brands inc those mentioned by MrsWobble.

bossykate Tue 19-Jun-07 13:44:04

thank you everyone

there's no way a hefty size 16 will fit into anything from Reiss more's the pity!

LK Bennett, Jigsaw & Whistles - slightly too snug.

Hobbs & Austin Reed - fine size wise

Like the Betty Jackson stuff...

thanks again and keep the suggestions coming

bossykate Tue 19-Jun-07 13:45:00

yes, a personal shopper is a good idea. the lead times tend to be horrendous though and i am getting a bit desperate!

Aloha Tue 19-Jun-07 13:46:31

YOu can often get a place quickly in JOhn Lewis or Peter Jones, esp in summer when peopel have their summer clothes sorted and it's too early to htink about autumn. Also try SElfridges. Honestly think it is the answer. YOu waste less money.

barristermum Tue 03-Jul-07 14:51:09

Try this link - the shop is in Chancery Lane in London and I have just spent nearly £300 in the sale - saving over £300 in the process which is the better way of looking at it. The Oska range is brilliant for the more upholstered lady like myself whose weight constantly fluctuates and all the more so now pregnant! http://www.madham.co.uk/index.php?category=7

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now