Talk

Advanced search

Man waxing

(12 Posts)
babalon Mon 18-Jun-07 14:28:43

My DH is very, very hairy! He is quite self concious about it during the summer. We are due to go on holiday in just under 2 weeks and he has said he'd like his back and shoulders waxed before he goes.

What I'd like to know is.
Is it to close to the holiday now, worried about sensitive skin post wax!

Will it bleed/scab?

How much do you think it will cost?

How will theyknow when to stop waxing him, I repeat he is very hairy?

wurlywurly Mon 18-Jun-07 14:49:51

have never known it to bleed or scab. Not sure how much it will cost,sorry i'm not much help am i

babalon Mon 18-Jun-07 15:05:46

Thank Wurly, only worried about scabing as it's such a large area.

Anyone else?

babalon Mon 18-Jun-07 21:11:49

bump

Anyone?

babalon Tue 19-Jun-07 23:00:28

seriously help!
I need to book it soon or not at all!

Or are you all secret hairy man lovers

pooka Tue 19-Jun-07 23:03:14

dh has his back waxed. Not sure how much it costs (about £20 - 30).
Doesn't bleed but is a bit sensitive s worthwhile having it done asap. The more it's done, the less it hurts.

pooka Tue 19-Jun-07 23:04:06

Oh - one tip is that if he is super hairy, he should go over it with clippers first to get rid of the really really longs hairs. Make the job easier and more effective (less patchy).

babalon Tue 19-Jun-07 23:07:47

arrhh was wondering about that ,

thanks pooka

babalon Wed 20-Jun-07 20:16:02

It's booked for tomorow!
It can't hurt anymore then a infected vasectomy wound can it??????? I hope not that was about as much self pity as I could take

pooka Thu 21-Jun-07 11:52:39

LOL.
Get him to take a nurofen about an hour before if you think he's got a low pain threshold. May help.
Is definitely worth it. DH also looks much slimmer after he's had it done for some reason.

babalon Fri 22-Jun-07 11:45:56

Yes It hurt but DH has beautifully smooth back!!

Very pleased with the results

pooka Fri 22-Jun-07 18:23:30

Don't know why more men don't do it. Poor DH - it runs in his family. Wierd because I have hairier arms than him. But less back hair

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now