Talk

Advanced search

Help me choose a piece of jewellery for my birthday.

(16 Posts)
Christie Mon 11-Jun-07 21:08:58

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

pistachio Mon 11-Jun-07 21:28:18

2boysmacca Mon 11-Jun-07 21:36:37

Have you considered the Pandora bracelets? Modern take on a charm bracelet with beautiful charms. pandora

scatterbrain Mon 11-Jun-07 21:40:13

Or a troll bracelet - pic of mine on my profile if you want to see one ? £100 would get you a chain, a clasp and about 4 charms ? Then you could build it up every birthday, anniversary etc.

You can see all the beads here http://www.fabletrading.co.uk./ and you can mail order them from a fab shop in Winchester - they post them free and are really great ! (can give you number if you are interested !)

Christie Mon 11-Jun-07 22:16:54

JackieNo Mon 11-Jun-07 22:23:32

I think the Pandora charms will fit on a Trollbead bracelet, but if you buy a Pandora bracelet, the trollbeads won't fit on it.

bewilderbeast Mon 11-Jun-07 22:25:15

if you want a piece that remains special for a long time you should choose something classic that won't age

MerryMarigold Mon 11-Jun-07 22:31:05

yes, lovely as the troll beads and pandora's are, you may not want to wear them when you're 80 and your grandaughter may not want to inherit them! go for a gem i reckon!

miggy Mon 11-Jun-07 22:31:17

oh scatterbrain thats lush! Thats my xmas and birthday sorted for the next few years!

Christie Mon 11-Jun-07 22:32:21

scatterbrain Tue 12-Jun-07 13:01:35

Hmmmm - are you saying that my troll beads are not a classic that anyone will want to inherit !

My dd wants it already - so much so that I ahve bought her a cheap version of her own !

Honestly - the cheek of some people !

The difference between Pandoras and Trolls as far as I can discover is that the Pandora bracelet has three sections and the beads are designed to screw over the dividers - it just means that they don't all slide together - which the trolls so. I think the troll beads have a wider bore - so fit both Pandora and troll bracelets - whereas the pandora beads only fir the pandora bracelet.

I went for trolls as I felt they were more flexible !

bewilderbeast Tue 12-Jun-07 19:02:59

I would suggest a plainish silver bracelet, the timeless sort that looks good with everything but is heavy enough to look reassuringly expensive something like this (depending on your taste) perhaps http://www.ernestjones.co.uk/webstore/detail/R/5571855/

Christie Tue 12-Jun-07 22:30:58

Christie Thu 23-Aug-07 12:46:20

welshdaz Sat 31-Oct-09 20:39:38

Message withdrawn

MortaIWombat Sat 31-Oct-09 21:21:58

hmm Third thread you've resurrected to promote your web site. Shouldn't you be paying for advertising like everyone else?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now