Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

Has anyone tried Clarins Beauty Flash Balm?

(10 Posts)
justwanttolookgood Sat 11-Aug-18 12:44:36

Any thoughts?

I've just placed a bid on some (sealed)

I'm looking for a base/primer that'll keep my make up in place envy

Nivea sensitive shave balm made my make up slide off.

Benefit didn't look nice, just clogged my pores

Smash box seems to greasy in texture?

InfiniteSheldon Sat 11-Aug-18 12:51:05

I use it overnight as a mask and as a primer I love it

SinglePringle Sat 11-Aug-18 12:54:23

I love it as a special occasion primer. You have to be careful how you apply it. Dot it across your face and gently smooth out - don’t rub in. Lisa Eldridge said to think of it like a net that your joining together across your face - if you rub it, you break the ‘net’. She’s got a video about it (years ago).

chatwoo Sat 11-Aug-18 12:59:51

I've used it for years. Not every day but on top of moisturiser when I am on need of a pick me up for the face!

JDSTER Sat 11-Aug-18 14:49:09

I personally find it too oily/sheeny. If youve got good skin with no obvious open pores I think it can give a good look otherwise I’d steer away from it.

LyingWitchInTheWardrobe Sat 11-Aug-18 14:52:01

I like it. I like this better though - Estee Lauder - Clear Difference - Advanced Blemish Serum. Instant results for me.

Westwing1 Sat 11-Aug-18 14:58:50

I like the flash balm, I don't use it as a primer, I just dab it on my cheeks to brighten them, look a little fresher, either on top of make up or without make up. Laura Mercier primer is good for under make-up. My skin is combination.

Ellapaella Sat 11-Aug-18 16:37:51

In all honesty when I used it I didn't see that it did anything at all. I was very disappointed but maybe I was expecting too much. It literally didn't make any difference at all to my skin.

justwanttolookgood Sat 11-Aug-18 19:02:04

Thank you for the reviews!

I went into Boots today and picked up some Lanacane (apologies for spelling) anti chaff gel. Apparently it's good and a dupe of Smashbox?

My next purchase will have to be Laura Mercier. I've seen a few comments about that primer now

woodhill Sat 11-Aug-18 19:04:20

I like using it and think it is a good product

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: