Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

Purple shampoo

(21 Posts)
Whydididothatfuckingthing Sat 11-Aug-18 11:10:59

Hi,

I have natural blond hair with some bleach highlights, these are starting to look a bit yellow. I’ve read that purple shampoo is good for this, can anyone recommend one please and where to get it? also will it have any effect on the natural blond...

Thanks

BasicUsername Sat 11-Aug-18 11:16:01

https://www.boots.com/touch-of-silver-brightening-shamp-200ml-10210464

This one is great. However, it says to use twice a week, but I only ever needed to use it once a week when I had blonde hair. If you over use it, it can tint your hair lilac!

DailyMailcanfuckthefuckoff Sat 11-Aug-18 11:17:02

The John Frieda one is really good - available in any supermarket and/or Boots etc, can often be found on offer 3 for £10 with all JF products. There's a Schwartzkopf one which is also good, called (I think) 'A Touch of Silver'.

titsbumfannythelot Sat 11-Aug-18 11:17:12

The fudge one is good, I buy from amazon

userofthiswebsite Sat 11-Aug-18 11:18:19

I'd recommend L'oreal professional purple shampoo (comes in a grey bottle). I tried Provoke Touch of Silver first as it was so cheap but it's not as effective at clearing the brassy tones and it left my hair much drier than the L'oreal does.

DailyMailcanfuckthefuckoff Sat 11-Aug-18 11:19:23

X-post and I got the brand wrong! Oops grin

I agree with Basic, I used that one once a week and never left it for 5 mins as it tinted my hair lilac. It does the job though and is a decent price.

Whydididothatfuckingthing Sat 11-Aug-18 11:23:10

Thanks for the quick responses I’m just about to hit the shops so will look at these, do you use the conditioners as well? Or is it the shampoo that makes the difference.

I’ll be careful with it though a girl I work with do over use and her hair has a gree, blue tinge. That she’s desperately trying to get rid off.

Thanks again 👍

nipersvest Sat 11-Aug-18 11:27:05

I use the John Frieda one most of the time, as others have said Touch of Silver can be quite harsh and dry your hair out, another one which is really nice but a bit pricey is Lush, Daddy-O.

ronniemipperton Sat 11-Aug-18 11:28:09

The Philip Kingsley stuff is amazing but £££

teta Sat 11-Aug-18 11:46:20

The purple shampoo in the ‘Bleach’ range in Boots. Much better than others.

applepineapple Sat 11-Aug-18 11:53:35

Definitely Bleach London Silver Shampoo. Really brightens and lifts my blonde hair smile

Peoplemaynoticeus Sat 11-Aug-18 12:17:36

I'm using fanola shampoo and mask it's a very bright purple, I also use pureology shampoo and conditioner which is more of a pale blue. Once a week I use John Frieda brilliantly brighter treatment.

PeppyPiggy Sat 11-Aug-18 12:20:19

FANOLA - no orange. Look up the vids of people using it. works so quickly. I've had one for a couple months it's great my hair is nice and ashy

Knowivedonewrong Sat 11-Aug-18 14:35:40

Phil Smith has just bought one out.
Though I've not tried it yet as the huge Sainsbos I work in hasn't got it in yet.🤔
Maybe a larger store,or you can get it direct from his salon in Salisbury.

smurfy2015 Sat 11-Aug-18 14:44:02

Just a tip, Ive got the John Freida one from Poundland in the past so have a look in there save some money

CutesyUserName Sat 11-Aug-18 16:50:55

Another vote for Fanola. Have used quite a few of the others, but none are as good as Fanola.

SuperstarDJ Sat 11-Aug-18 17:37:10

I’ve found the Bleach London one to be the best. Am not keen on Touch of Silver.

Peoplemaynoticeus Sat 11-Aug-18 19:57:12

The fanola no yellow is the one I have and even though it's quite expensive it lasts ages.

LaMainDeFatima Sat 11-Aug-18 19:58:35

B and M sell one called something like silver lining

EmmaC78 Sat 11-Aug-18 20:23:24

Fanola. You can get it on Amazon. A bottle lasts ages.

Moomicorn Sun 12-Aug-18 04:58:12

These shade shots by Josh Wood are good. You need to mix it with a Conditioner/Mask. I just used a mask I already had, didn’t buy the matching one.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: