Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

Too old for Air Force 1s?

(9 Posts)
TheIsland Sat 11-Aug-18 10:10:24

Ive suddenly decided that I really really need some nike Air Force 1s. I’m 32. Is this too old?

Currently wear superga or toms, but looking for something else.

holycityzoo Sat 11-Aug-18 10:56:53

No way. I'm forty and I love them but my heart has been stolen by a pair of airmax grin

ToftheB Sat 11-Aug-18 10:57:24

Well, I’m 32 and I like em!

TheIsland Sat 11-Aug-18 11:00:05

Thanks, that’s good to hear. I almost bought them and then doubted myself so it’s encouraging that others have them.

NoTeaNoShadeNoPinkLemonade Sat 11-Aug-18 11:09:33

31 here and love the hi tops, I'll be wearing them in the nursing home. grin

rightknockered Sat 11-Aug-18 12:02:26

Absolutely not, they're a classic

cakeisnotaproperbreakfast Sun 12-Aug-18 09:37:27

Ooh, what’s the sizing like?
I’ve read they run half a size bigger than others (air max, air Pegasus) & I’m wanting to order online.

thedevilinablackdress Sun 12-Aug-18 10:22:05

Well over 40 and no-one has laughed out loud at me wearing mine. Not even DH who has occasional form...

TheIsland Sun 12-Aug-18 16:25:20

I tried on some yesterday and then bought some online at home. Sizing seems pretty straightforward, but they are quite wide, which is great but may be an issue if you have narrow feet.

I got 5.5, usually wear a 6 in superga and a 5 in Toms.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: