Talk

Advanced search

Does this look right?

(12 Posts)
Modestandatinybitsexy Fri 10-Aug-18 23:29:02

I asked for the 1st pic and got the 2nd - cut only. My hair has a tendency to frizz so I didn't want staggered layers, I wanted more of a choppy cut. I was hoping it went well and I'd book in for a colour if it did. But I don't think I'll be going back there again.

I'm booking in for a balayage in a place a friend goes to. I'm thinking of a re cut. But what do I ask for to get this cut?

dudsville Sat 11-Aug-18 09:18:20

I always ask for what you want and I always get what you received. My hair responds the same way to that kind of cut as yours and we have the same hair length. I've tried so many salons and been so disappointed each time that I've finally taken matters into my own hands and bought some hair dressers scissors and watched many, many you tube videos. I got compliments at work after my first try. As for the balayage, the colour distinction isn't great enough is it. I hope your friend's salon can help with that. You have lovely hair.

SleepingInYourFlowerbed Sat 11-Aug-18 10:55:01

Your hair is a very different texture to the picture so it's hard to tell. Also the colour in the picture has been done to highlight the cut so again it's hard to compare

holycityzoo Sat 11-Aug-18 10:59:53

Is your photo after you've washed it or is that now the salon sent you home?
It's not easy to get it to look like picture one and you would need to be a really good blow drier.
You might be able to get it similar with big barrelled tongs and then pulling out a lot of the curl.

PrimeraVez Sat 11-Aug-18 12:53:34

I think the first picture is just a really good blow dry and use of curling tongs. I think that structurally yours is right, it just looks a bit fluffy and needs to be sleeker.

PETRONELLAS Sat 11-Aug-18 12:56:49

No expert but the contrast between light and dark is greater in pic 1. Only thin bits of hair have light blonde on. Without the nice blow dry it would look a bit stripy and not natural.

Mmmmdanone Sat 11-Aug-18 12:57:03

Use straighteners or tongs to curl the ends a bit then put some serum from mid to end.

Modestandatinybitsexy Sat 11-Aug-18 15:02:05

The photo's taken straight after I got home and the salon's only over to road. I thought it was a bit dodgy when she dried it and then kept cutting a bit more. Then she swept the mirror as in "there you go".

My hair does fluff which is why I wanted a choppier cut, if it's more separate my hair curls a bit but if it's a whole chunk together it tangles an frizzes.

The colour is my old highlights grown out, which looks ok from the front but this pic made me realise I need something to fix the back.

I know the first pic is highly styled and dyed well but I did expect my hair to look slightly better.

KickAssAngel Sat 11-Aug-18 15:10:08

There's a LOT of product & styling in that first one. It's hard to tell if your hair would look like that after having the same done to your hair. Quite possibly it would. Highlights/balayage would help, but you'd also need to put on product (I don't know what, but some anti-frizz thing), straighten, then gently curl the lower third, and spray into submission.

SleepingInYourFlowerbed Sat 11-Aug-18 15:11:17

The salon hasn't styled yours well at all so I wouldn't trust them to colour it well either

makeupmaven Sat 11-Aug-18 15:12:31

It's not bad - the light part is emphasising the cut more I think. If it were highlighted or not coloured, it would be more blended.

I would do a gentle wave on the ends, so it looks more the pic. And look into a balayage, the colour looks a bit grown-out and less intentional atm.

Lucked Sat 11-Aug-18 15:13:52

I agree there is loads of product on the photo you have shown, it almost looks greasy.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: