Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

Make up remover recommendations please.

(16 Posts)
SimonBridges Fri 10-Aug-18 18:25:48

I don’t wear much make up, foundation, eye shadow and mascara. I’ve been using Lush Ultrabland for a few years but I’ve noticed that it’s starting to stain my bed sheets.

I don’t want to use wipes, I use my current stuff with a flannel.

So, any suggestions?

QueenOlives Fri 10-Aug-18 18:40:56

If you after cruelty free/ vegan similar to Lush, I've just found one in Superdrug that seems good. B range, stubborn make up remover.

Seems good so far.

SimonBridges Fri 10-Aug-18 20:05:04

Cruelty free is a must.
I’ll look out for the Superdrug one.

70isaLimitNotaTarget Fri 10-Aug-18 20:14:55

Cruelty Free here too.
I don't wear make-up often but DD does.

I like BodyShop Camomile butter, she likes the liquid one.

I've tried the Superdrug hot cloth cleanser (nice , bit menthol smelling) the Aldi one and the Liz Earle C&P

I have a Superdrug B micellar water which is good but I wouldn't take eye make-up off with it .

I don't like oils so I wouldn't use almond or coconut oil on my face . The Camomile one is a very light oil when it melts but not greasy.

Good Things Manula Honey cleanser is CF but not vegan ( honey) but it smells like heaven grin

Summerfalls Fri 10-Aug-18 22:53:20

I use the Superdrug brightening hot cloth cleanser and have done for years, I have strayed to others but have always came back to this. It does a good job at removing my make up and also cleansing without make up too. I always remove eye make up / mascara first, I have extremely sensitive eyes and have tried so many eye make up removers but the all made my eyes red, sore and dry including micellar waters. I recently discovered Nivea micellar gel and it’s brilliant first eye make up remover product that I have tried in years that doesn’t aggravate my eyes at all grin

IsTheRainEverComingBack Fri 10-Aug-18 22:54:49

Cruelty free here too. I use Superdrug, an oil on cotton pads first to get the main off and then a cream cleanser afterwards.

CakeNinja Fri 10-Aug-18 23:02:50

I use a combination of LE cleanse and polish, am elemis cleansing balm and Balance Me smooth cleanse and smooth balm, all of which I use with a Muslin cloth and hot water.
I don’t use miscellar waters, I don’t rate them at all.

CakeNinja Fri 10-Aug-18 23:03:58

Oh, forgot my favourite cleanser of all time, Sunday Riley slip clay cleanser, absolutely lovely but hard to get hold of at the moment sad

Radiosheep Fri 10-Aug-18 23:05:39

A friend of mine used the Boots own brand and was shocked to find that it took her nail varnish off too so wouldn't recommend that one for your face!

FlotSHAMnJetson Fri 10-Aug-18 23:09:20

Caudalie Micelar Cleansing Water.

My skin has improved no end since u started using this, it's not cheap but it lasts for ages, against animal testing, organic and paraben free (okay, I just read that all off the label 😂)

SimonBridges Sat 11-Aug-18 00:02:21

I don’t know much about this kind of stuff.
What actually is micelar water?

cupcakesandglitter Sat 11-Aug-18 00:03:15

Clinique take the day off!!

Casmama Sat 11-Aug-18 09:28:09

I’ve just bought my second bottle of this and it’s brilliant.

IsTheRainEverComingBack Sat 11-Aug-18 09:51:05

@SimonBridges micellar water is water with oil drops suspended in it. Basically feels like water though. Very good for getting off make up, use on a cotton pad. Superdrug do one in their own brand and it’s cheap. I use either micellar water or a cleansing oil (depending on how I’m feeling) for make up removal and cleansing.

Onthebrink87 Sat 11-Aug-18 10:17:39

Coconut oil here!

Notadrill Sat 11-Aug-18 10:23:05

Another vote for coconut oil! Melts off make-up, just massage on, leave for a bit and wipe off gently with a hot cloth. Even takes off mascara. (Or any simple oil to be honest - almond oil is also good. Don't waste a really expensive one as you'll be wiping it off not letting it sink in)

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: