Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

Plus size maternity

(4 Posts)
TheOneWithTheBaby Fri 10-Aug-18 17:36:21

Hi, this is my first venture into style and beauty.

I am now 8 weeks pregnant and while my clothes still fit, I can definitely see they won't be for long if my boobs continue to grow blush

I'm a size 20/22 and work in a school. I normally wear dresses for work, rarely wear trousers but don't dislike them. Work is quite active and I prefer cotton over manamade fibres. I obviously don't mind elastics etc but I don't like whole dresses made out of polyester or whatever. I just end up getting so stuffy!

Does anyone have suggestions where I can look for maternity clothes? There are such lovely maternity clothes out there but I am struggling due to my size.

littlepooch Fri 10-Aug-18 19:36:59

Asos have a good maternity range and im sure go up to plus sizes - i bought all my maternity clothes from there as the returns are so easy too.

Congratulations on your pregnancy!

MrsCrankypants Fri 10-Aug-18 19:52:31

I found some great stuff in Next, Dorothy Perkins, Debenhams, online on Yours Clothing and I got some great stuff on eBay that hadn't been worn. Hope you find some nice things, you should find plenty of jersey dresses at least

TheOneWithTheBaby Sat 11-Aug-18 10:23:51

Thank you both for your advice! And thanks for your well wishes @littlepooch.

Asos only go up to a 20. Of I don't gain loads that will be fine, but I'm worried it might not fit around my ever growing boobs.
I will have a look at all of them and see what I can find. Maybe order a few things and try them on and see what I like.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: