Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

Double chin treatment with NuFACE device

(9 Posts)
anyunusedpassword Fri 10-Aug-18 12:19:56

Has anyone tried the NuFACE device? Does it do anything?

XingMing Fri 10-Aug-18 13:48:00

I have the mini version and use it to tighten my ageing slackening skin; I doubt it would erase a double chin. I think that's diet territory, as weight seems to be lost first off the face.

anyunusedpassword Fri 10-Aug-18 14:13:06

I am a very trim and fit size 12 so doubt if my double chin is through excessive weight. My neck just seems to be saggy and drooping. Do you think the machine tones the skin?

XingMing Fri 10-Aug-18 14:33:31

I think it helps: exactly how much is hard to say. I am fairly sure that their products are probably not necessary; I declined to replace the samples provided and bought 500ml of hyaluronic gel to use instead.

And apologies if you thought I was suggesting you were overweight; any weight loss shows first on the face in my experience.

Face yoga might be an option? Some folk seem to think it works.

anyunusedpassword Fri 10-Aug-18 15:21:49

Thanks for your message. I will have a look at face yoga and will be considering the device.

princesstiasmum Sat 11-Aug-18 09:39:03

I have a Nu Face mini, and i dont think it has made any difference whatsoever, although i dont have a double chin, mine is more just saggy underneath, the middle bit
I have had it for about 10 months and still use it every day, but i really cant see any difference
My daughter went to see a plastic surgeon about getting rid of her double chin and he just advised her to lose a bit of weight, even though she didnt really need it everywhere else
In the end she had liposuction, which worked but left it a bit lumpy and apparently takes a while to settle,
I dont think it looks much better, but cant really say so to her

XiCi Sat 11-Aug-18 10:18:41

I know what you mean, not a double chin but slight sagging there from age that has nothing to do with the weight you are. In fact I imagine weight loss would make it more noticeable! I don't think the LED treatment would help but facial exercises are fantastic and if you can be bothered to do them every day really work. Have a Google. There are plenty of books and videos available.

anyunusedpassword Sat 11-Aug-18 11:53:22

I think you are right about the weight loss. I have dropped two dress sizes over the last couple of years. I’ve had a look at the face yoga videos on google and they look hysterical but worth trying so will look into getting myself a recommended video.
Thanks to everyone who has taken the time to post information/ advice.

princesstiasmum Sun 12-Aug-18 09:38:58

You could try the Rio, 60 second neck exerciser,i have had one for ages but only recently started using it again,
Reviews on Amazon are mixed, and it works by 9 volt battery, some say the battery doesnt last long, but i find it ok,
You can actually feel the muscles being tightened, and its not too expensive, [about £29-99]

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: