Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

Wedding guest accessories help

(15 Posts)
Wanderlustnearorfar Fri 10-Aug-18 00:38:26

Hi, all
I've been struggling to find a dress for a wedding I'm attending, I finally brought one and it's a burgundy colour Bardot style dress any idea which colour accessories and should I go for a fascinator? Colour shoes etc I'm blonde if that helps

OlennasWimple Fri 10-Aug-18 00:50:24

No to a fascinator, but depending on your hair style a nice hat or a lovely head piece would finish off the outfit nicely

Any chance you can link the dress?

What's your budget and what sort of shoes do you like to wear to these sorts of events?

starsandstuff Fri 10-Aug-18 01:07:30

Gold is lovely with burgundy. Gold strappy sandals, long earrings are good with a Bardot neckline, a chunky ring and a small clutch. Is your hair long or short? I wouldn't go for a fascinator but you can get beautiful hair accessories depending on how you're planning to style it.

Wanderlustnearorfar Fri 10-Aug-18 01:33:26

Hi, all thanks for the input wine I will try to link the dress, I'm fairly tall so struggle with heel, I have long hair and would plan on wearing it down

OlennasWimple Fri 10-Aug-18 02:09:10

Yes to metallics with the dress!

If you don't want a hat, I'd go with a hair clip like this or more modern like this. The point of a bardot neckline is to show off your shoulders, so you'll probably look better with your hair up or half up

scatteredglitter Fri 10-Aug-18 04:09:27

Yes to Metallics with burgundy
Hope these pics attach
Love the gold bag and sandals
Burgundy is quite a strong colour so I don't think you need too much by way of accessories

Love the way the velvet texture of the YSL bag in the second pic keeps with the burgundy colour palette but introduces texture

Have attached the Carolina Herrera photo of shirt blue belt and burgundy skirt to show how a blue can really stand out

I would be tempted to go for
Nude or gold strappy sandals
Velvet burgundy bag
And blue turquoise broach on bag or blue turquoise stone on bracelet / wrist or in earrings (one of them not all!)

DianaT1969 Fri 10-Aug-18 04:43:35

@scatteredglitter
Wow! I love your styling tips. Will be copying these.

Wanderlustnearorfar Fri 10-Aug-18 14:34:51

Wow thank you so much to everyone!! @olennasWimple those are beautiful 😍
And @scatteredglitter thank you so much for going out of your way with the ideas and attaching photos too 🙌🏻

Wanderlustnearorfar Fri 10-Aug-18 14:43:18

I'm also looking at another option just in case it doesn't come together and I'm after some more advice . I have this dress in the wardrobe and it's a peplum dress I've attached a picture it's not identical mine is just blue would his be appropriate if the other dress looks rubbish

Grumpasaurus Fri 10-Aug-18 15:06:15

I much prefer the blue dress.

The burgundy one looks cheap to me.

Wanderlustnearorfar Fri 10-Aug-18 17:33:27

@grumpasaurus in what way do you think it looks cheap? In the style or material?

Clionba Fri 10-Aug-18 19:43:19

Don't wear a fascinator, they're very dated now, and rarely look good. Are you wearing a shawl or taking a jacket? I prefer the blue dress but it depends on your colouring.

Wanderlustnearorfar Fri 10-Aug-18 21:05:20

@clionba I am fair and have blonde hair and I will probably wear a shawl

Clionba Fri 10-Aug-18 21:10:10

Either dress will look lovely, my preference is the blue, but definitely metallic accessories. If you're wearing a shawl do you want to wear a hat as well? A small neat hat would be chic. Not too fussy.

Wanderlustnearorfar Sat 11-Aug-18 15:52:12

Thank you
All for your help and suggestions

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: