Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

Help me fix my hair please!

(8 Posts)
hungryheinz Thu 09-Aug-18 22:36:40

I really need help with my hair. I'd like it to be shorter and not needing much maintenance and cut in more of a "style" that suits me. I'd love to have smooth, shiny, non-frizzy hair but I have no idea how to achieve that. I don't even know anything about products or styling tools. Any help gratefully received!

Jupiter9 Fri 10-Aug-18 00:11:34

Get some hair straighteners, your hair looks a lovely colour and must look great up.

Coco2891 Fri 10-Aug-18 00:29:52

If it was my hair I'd have 2-3 inches chopped off -have some highlights put through and let it dry naturally with some Argan oil or something similar , your hair looks like it has a natural wave so that bit shorter with some lighter highlights through it will look beach babe x

Fang2468 Fri 10-Aug-18 20:23:51

I would say a long wavy bob with a side fringe would look good. I’d go for about 5/6 inched off.

Labradoodliedoodoo Fri 10-Aug-18 20:25:01

What’s your face shape?

littleskittle Fri 10-Aug-18 20:31:08

Look up 'Jenna Dewan- actress with a great short wavy bob. I had my hair cut that way recently and I love it. I leave it damp and scrunch a bit with mousse or salt spray to create beachy waves- your hair looks like mine before so I'm sure it'll work smile

hungryheinz Sat 11-Aug-18 10:38:13

Thanks for your help. My hair is just so thick and unmanageable sometimes. You don't think if I got it cut to a short bob it would stick out even more obviously? I love pictures of that sort of style but I'm worried about how it would turn out on me blush

@labradoodliedoodoo my face is long, it's the white part in the picture minus the rectangle at the bottom which is my neck.

Fang2468 Sat 11-Aug-18 18:04:01

I wouldn’t recommend a short bob, more a mid length one. Half way in between shoulder & chin (long enough to tie back if needed 😁). I think your hair is thick & wavy enough to carry it off.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: