Talk

Advanced search

Outfits for a week in Jordan!

(10 Posts)
PARunnerGirl Thu 09-Aug-18 22:31:35

Has anyone been before? I will be there in September for a week and it will be a mixture of activities. Some sightseeing, some city stuff, some more rural/ active stuff.

From what I can tell, I need to cover my arms and my legs. It seems like 3/4 sleeves and slightly cropped trousers are probably ok.

How can I look stylish and not frumpy?! Anyone got any images for ideas?

Milomonster Fri 10-Aug-18 17:19:49

I just wore a normal shirt, jeans, sun hat, scarf around my neck. It was fine. The Jordanians are are pretty liberal. If you go to a mosque, you should dress appropriately for that. Otherwise, anything not revealing should be fine.

Zara is quite good for various lengths of shirts.

PARunnerGirl Sat 11-Aug-18 11:56:12

Thank you! Did you enjoy your time there?

DreamingofSunshine Sun 12-Aug-18 06:16:27

I wore loose blouses and maxi skirts. It's very different to what I normally wear but my normal vest top and shorts/miniskirt wasn't going to work! I also took a scarf to cover up more if I wanted to.

For visiting Petra I had loose cotton trousers and a tshirt. You get inappropriately dressed tourists in shorts and vest tops but it's not appropriate IMO.

PARunnerGirl Sun 12-Aug-18 08:17:42

Thanks Dreaming! I think I just need to accept I will be dressed differently and enjoy that as part of the trip

RainySeptember Sun 12-Aug-18 09:42:29

Hi OP, can I just quickly ask how you've planned your trip? I'm hoping to get there next Spring but am swinging between booking a tour and booking a flight/hotel in one spot and sightseeing with day trips. A tour is easier, but a lot more expensive. Sorry to interrupt with a non-fashion answer!

PARunnerGirl Sun 12-Aug-18 21:32:57

Hello Rainy!

I am with my BF and we are starting in Amman, hiring a car and then driving south eventually dropping car in Aqaba and flying from Eilat to Tel Aviv where we will spend one day before flying back from there.

Stops on the way to Aqaba TBC but definitely including Mujib Nature Reserve/ Dead Sea, Petra and Wadi Rum. I don’t think you could see it all with day trips from one place so perhaps a tour would be best.

RainySeptember Sun 12-Aug-18 21:53:51

Thank you so much PA, and also for giving me yet another idea : hiring a car.

I hope you both have a fabulous time!

mamaofdragons Mon 13-Aug-18 06:55:03

Hi, I actually live in Jordan. If you feel comfortable driving (it can be tricky in Amman) then hire a car. Uber/careem is great for around Amman and to dead sea. You could also hire a driver (negotiate with an uber driver perhaps for longer journeys). easyJet have announced flights to Aqaba from Gatwick starting at end of year making it much more affordable. It's an amazing place!

Milomonster Sun 19-Aug-18 10:38:11

We hired a driver - outside of Amman, Jordan seemed very easy to navigate. No need for expensive tour companies unless going into Wadi Rum. Jordan is beautiful (don’t underestimate how expensive it is).

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: